Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net?

Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net?

thank you very much.

As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe.
0
rsegecin

Hi There,

You can do this

Dim Val as String = "50"

Dim i As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Val)

DC517
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
d4dennis
7/5/2007 12:28:58 AM

thank you very much dennis

As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe.
0
rsegecin
7/5/2007 12:35:26 AM

Hi There,

No problem, always welcome.

You can use static function in class Convert to convert most type in vice versa.

Alternatively, you can use CType

Protected sub MyButton_Click( ByVal sender as Object, ByVal e As EventArgument ) Handles MyButton.Click

Dim senderButton As Button = CType(sender, Button) 'This will convert object to Button type

End Sub

DC517
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
d4dennis
7/5/2007 1:08:05 AM

could you use Cint

0
dkobee

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Web resources about - Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net? - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Four arrested after wedding brawl outside Westella Renaissance function centre
A crowd of people watched on as a violent brawl erupted between two groups outside a wedding reception venue in Sydney's west.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Facebook Updates Search Function; Now Is A Great Time To Run And Check All Your Privacy Settings
Facebook search is… well, kind of a joke. It can tell you which 400 people in your area have similar names to that one person you want to connect ...

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

Add ‘laser beam’ to your iPhone’s long list of functions
Whether for presentations or driving your cat up the wall, laser pointers are as fun as they are useful. Given everything else an iPhone can ...

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes has a blacklist function
I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes for a good while now, and although I can't share all my thoughts until next week, I have ...

Why Global Corporations Need To Redesign Their Strategic Planning Function
Corporate strategy teams play an important role in guiding business leaders to make smarter, better and more informed decisions, especially in ...

Sponsored post: Garmin’s fenix 3 Pairs Form and Function with GPS Watch
... timepiece to polish off a professional look, or strap on a rugged stopwatch for our workouts. But when it comes to everyday use, the functional ...

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...