how to get C# and vb.net code to work together

we have an application at work that uses vb.net code quite a bit...

however i only found one article regardnig implementing active directory authentication and authorization written in c#

i know its possible, how do i add in the C# code into my existing vb.net app?

0
kkhipple

You can compile the C# code into an assembly and add the dll to your bin directory of the VB project and add a reference to it.
Or you can just setup a C# project in your VB.NET solution, and set a project reference to it from your VB project.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
4/7/2005 9:22:12 PM
Or you can translate the C# code into VB.Net.  There is very little difference between the two in my opinion.
0
voodoo9055
4/8/2005 2:06:26 AM
Here is very nice online translator which works in both ways. You will see the translation while you write.
Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum
0
SonuKapoor

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

How to change vb.net code to C#.Net ?...
Hi, Earlier i had a class  that i got it from this Forum, it in vb.net and i am trying it to convert it in c#.net but i am unable to covert properly to work. the functionality of this class is to convert number value to words. i am putting both of code c#.net and VB.net please rectify it.Public Class NumberToWords Dim Character As String Public Function ConvertNumber(ByVal A As Double) As String On Error Resume Next Dim MM Dim IM ConvertNumber = "" MM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Len(A) IM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left(A, Mic...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

vb .net or c# .net

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

Web resources about - how to get C# and vb.net code to work together - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Report: Apple's Web TV Service is 'On Hold'
The idea of an Apple live TV service has long lingered on the horizon , a mythical cord-cutting utopia just out of reach. But according to a ...

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' brings together 'family' of fans
LOS ANGELES — Don't call them Star Wars fans, call them a Star Wars family. Carrying light sabers, foldable chairs, tents and endless amounts ...

Google speculated to launch Android One 2.0 during Sundar Pichai's India visit
Google rumoured to be working on second version of Android One with more features and 4G facility.

L.A. and Chicago Are Up Next for Google Fiber
Just a day after AT&T announced that it’s bringing gigabit fiber internet to the L.A. metro area , Google has announced that it’s exploring L.A. ...

Quentin Tarantino Delivers Shrieking UFC-Style Intros for ‘Hateful Eight’ Cast at Hollywood Premiere
The December 2012 premiere for “Django Unchained” was canceled in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, but three years later not even the threat ...

TOM FRIEDMAN’S UTOPIA: Breathing the Air in Red China is Like Smoking 40 Cigarettes a Day
By Nick Sorrentino The free market is often blamed for pollution. The the unbridled greed of capitalists is the reason rivers flow red, forests ...

HTC’s Vive VR headset launch delayed until April 2016
HTC announced in a blog post that its Vive VR headset won’t see a commercial launch until April 2016. When the company first showed off the developer ...

20 times Kris Jenner was 'the cool mom' at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
It's no secret that Kris Jenner — who turned her entire family into a media franchise — is kind of a stage parent. So obviously, when her daughter ...

Oscar Pistorius Granted Bail Ahead of Sentencing
A lawyer for the Olympic athlete known as the Blade Runner said his client would appeal his murder conviction to South Africa’s highest court. ...

Undercover Greenpeace activists buy off corrupt academics in a climate change sting
The environmental activism group Greenpeace today disclosed that it led an undercover investigation to expose how easy it is for big oil, gas, ...