Delete Client Side Files? ActiveX Control?

Hi everyone,

  I have been struggling with this for a while now and I think it's time to ask for some help...  I have an application here at the office that uploads documents to our system.  To avoid double files out there we want to remove (delete) the local copy or where ever the user selected it for upload.  I use to have a winforms control that worked but it's too heavy so we went back to a web solution.  Now I need to add that delete function back and I'm not sure what the best way to do it is.  Any help, links, guidence in this area would be great.

0
rperreta

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

ActiveX Control in Visual Basic .NET 2005
Can VS 2005 allow you to create an ActiveX control using vb .net?  I'm not a C++ guy and I need to do some windows form stuff in a web page.  Any help would be appreaciated... thanks rich Try the link below for sample code in C# to get started.  Hope this helps. http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=32483Kind regards,Gift Peddie thanks for your help but now I have my webcontrol and I don't know how to get it on my webpage.  - It has a user control form on it.   rich The book in the thread below shows how to use User Control with webparts in A...

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net
As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.Start downloadStart timerError = Falsewhile error = false &nbs...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

Help files for visual basic.net
Does anyone knows where the msdn help files for visual basic.net can be obtained or downloaded? If you mean the .NET Software Development Kit (SDK), it is available to download at the following page:.NET Framework SDK Version 1.1Alister No, i mean the MSDN help files I believe you need to have an msdn subscription to obtain the msdn library on dvd or cd. You can always use the online library at http://msdn.microsoft.comGrz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Passing .Net objects to Visual Basic clients
Hello,  I have a wish to pass .net objects which have the ComVisible attribute to a visual basic client. For example I wrote a serializable class ClassExample. I wish to pass an instance of this class using a web service. The receiver will be a Visual Basic client. This Client has a reference to ClassExample. Will the client be able to receive the object directly or do I have to get the serialized data and then create the object and fill it with the deserialized data manually?   Thank you. Pavel. It is never possible to retrieve an instance of an object from a webs...

VB6 ActiveX controls done in VS.NET 03/05
Hi peeps. I used to develop ActiveX controls in VB6 and when I'd hit F5 the control would appear effortlessly in IE.  How can I do this in .Net? ....Let's say I have a simple UserControl in VB6 with 1 button on it.  The code behind the button_click event  is only "UserControl.BackColor = vbBlue", how do I reproduce this in .Net so that I can view it on the web?  Is it that ascx files have replaced this? Any help and ideas appreciated. Ray. Dublin, Ireland. ...

Web resources about - Delete Client Side Files? ActiveX Control? - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Victorian bushfires: Fire crews battle to get blazes under control in hot, windy conditions
Several fires continue to burn in hot, windy conditions in Victoria, but all of the emergency warnings have been downgraded, CFA officials say. ...

Stringify your life by taking control and automating tasks
... Adobe Post or If you can think it, you can create it in Scribblenauts Unlimited . Stringify IF by IFTTT Stringify your life by taking control ...

How to engage Tesla's Launch Control mode
Filed under: Green , Videos , Tesla , Electric Short video shows Model S keeping it straight on a rain-slicked road.

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.