Converting string to Hex

I'm trying to convert a single character, into a Hex value, and compare.

Here's my code:
dim int as integer
int = Integer.Parse(messages.Substring(x, 1), System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber)
If int = &H0 Or int = &HC Then
'Do stuff
end if
Unfortunately, this causes an error with the character I'm trying to catch. Does anyone have any ideas?
0
trueneutral

int = Integer.Parse(messages.Substring("x", 1), System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber)

View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
followup to grc.techtalk Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/odc_vsto2005_ta/html/OfficeVSTOLanguageMigrationFromVBA.asp ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Dale Oberg ArtinSoft.com March 2005 Applies to: �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005 �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005�Tools�for�the�Microsoft�Office�System �����Microsoft�Visual�Basic�.NET �����Microsoft�Visual�...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Free Book
followup to grc.techtalk Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbrun/staythepath/additionalresources/upgradingvb6/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is is the complete technical guide to upgrading Visual Basic 6 applications to Visual Basic .NET, covering all upgrade topics from APIs to ZOrders. It shows how to fix upgrade issues with forms, language, data...

Web resources about - Converting string to Hex - asp.net.visual-basic.net