Command Line in VB.NET

Hi all,

i wanna run this line in command prompt .."C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s  W3SVC/" & siteID & "/Root/"

but i dunno how to call it using vb.net.

i try to run it manually by click start>run>cmd.......and enter the line above.......it works......

but now i wanna call this line so that it run in command prompt..........how can i do that in vb.net ?

pls reply me as soon as possible if anyone of you know the solutions......thanks

0
goh6613

hi all, i try to call the cmd.exe to run the specific action by using the code below...

Dim objProcess As Diagnostics.Process
        Dim objProcessInfo As Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo

        Try

            objProcess = New Diagnostics.Process()
            objProcessInfo = New Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo("cmd.exe")
            objProcessInfo.RedirectStandardInput = True
            objProcessInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True
            objProcessInfo.UseShellExecute = False

            objProcess = Diagnostics.Process.Start(objProcessInfo)

            objProcess.StandardInput.WriteLine("C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s  W3SVC/" & siteID & "/Root/")
            objProcess.StandardInput.WriteLine("exit")

        Catch ex As Exception

        End Try

can anyone please tell what's wrong with this code ? i run this code , but it seem like it did not call any action which i want it to do....

thanks

0
goh6613

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

how can i write this line using vb.net : container.dataitem ?.... in vb.net its not working
Dim container As GridView = CType(newLinkButton.NamingContainer, GridView) Dim dataValue As Object = DataBinder.Eval(container.dataitem, _ColName)   _ColName its just a string a name of the field in my database   This is Vb.Net code man what you want? You can convert any format from this link http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

Visual Basic .Net Command Line Compiler
I installed with success the file mdac_typ.exe and. NET Framework SDK. The ASP pagesrun perfectly in http://localhost/page_name.asp The ASP.NET pages, with extension. aspx run perfectly in the Internet Explorer. When running ASP.NET pages, with extension. aspx in http://localhost/page_name.aspx appears a box of messages with: "Visual Basic. NET Command Line Compiler have encountred problem and needs to close. We sorry… ". When I select "Debug" in this box of messages receive the following message: Compilation error Description: An error occur...

All-- Here is a sample that is "off the beaten path", (at least for me). Is it possible, in an ASP.NET application, using the code-behind page building technique, to have both pages written in VB.NET and pages written C#.NET?At http://www.WebLogicArts.com/DemoList.aspx there is a sample that shows that, (contrary to popular belief), it IS possible to mix ASP.NET pages built with C#.NET with ASP.NET pages built with VB.NET in the same VS.NET 2003 project. Note that this is just a "fun" sample to see if it can be done and I do not recommend this practice as a "standard" way of developing. The trick is to use the "Src" attribute of the @Page directive. Check out the link if you are inclined. You are welcome to download the code if you are interested further, found at the same link. (Note that the reason that I looked for a way to do this is because I wanted to have the option to include some VB.NET-based demos at my site. Since my site is a C#.NET ASP.NET, I was told that there was no want to do this. Therefore, I looked for a workaround and just happened to find one.) Enjoy (and then get back to work!) http://www.NetBrainer.com you are right !!!mixing languages could cause unknow and uncontrolled problems !!! if a developer has to mix ....the practical way is to create a new project with different language and what will be absolutely fine !!!thanks mkamoski for raising this issue !!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchisi...

Visual Studio.NET VB.NET Edition for DNN?
I have been plugging along using the Handcoded method for Module Development up to this point and although I have been successful I'd like to possibly make the jump up to Visual Studio. I was looking at Microsot's Website and there is a VB.Net only version that lists for only $109 vs. the $1000+ for the full fleged Professional Edition. Is it possible to adequately develop for the DNN platform using this trimmed down (VB.NET only) version of Visual Studio 2003? The VB.NET 2003 package is more than adequate for DDN moodules or full-blown ASP.NET applications. Highly recommended... mi...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

vb .net or c# .net

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself, it's a program for writing C++. Generally there is just a perception out there that VB is a 'toy' language. Every new version of VB has made this less and less true. Now we have VB.Net which has all the power that C#, FORTRAN for .Net, or any other language targeting the Common Language Runtime has. if you're writing Managed C++, you cant do anything more than you can do in VB. Visual C lets you write mixed-mode C++. This allows access to all the fun un-managed features of C++. That said, C++/C# are significatly less tolerant of messy programming than VB. I've found that I just write better code in C# than I do in VB. C# in my opinion seems to require more accedemic rigor than VB. It is not particuarly hard to learn C# once you know VB.net. I would love to recomend a book, but i've taught myself both off of MSDN. I've heard Programing C# 3rd Ed. is good. I have P...

VB.NET vs. C#.NET Behavior of Visual Studio
I'm transitioning from coding in VB to coding in C#. Maybe I have something set wrong, but a behavioral difference is driving me bananas. When I edit a VB source file, the two drop-downs at the top of the edit view are Class Name and Method Name, and it makes it easy to add a new event handler for any of the controls on the page. Choose which one on the left, pick your event on the right, and VS inserts an empty, properly formatted subroutine. In C# mode, however, those two drop-downs are labeled Types and Members, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to create the empty framew...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Web resources about - Command Line in VB.NET - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Space graffiti discovered inside Apollo 11 command module
Workers at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum uncover astronauts' scribbles that haven't been seen for 40 years.

IDG Contributor Network: 9 Really Odd Linux Commands
... do goofy things? Let's look at a collection of some really oddball tools that you might never have heard of are tried. shuf The shuf command ...

This simple command will keep your Mac apps bleeding edge
Here’s a surprising fact: by default, OS X only checks for software updates once a week. That’s shockingly infrequent, considering the fact that ...

Barbie's new Dreamhouse goes full IoT with voice commands
Last year, Mattel debuted its WiFi-enabled Hello Barbie to make playtime a bit more interactive. A connected doll needs an internet-friendly ...

Command-And-Control Management Is For Dinosaurs
Is your company stuck in Command-and-Control Management?

Watch Scott Kelly Relinquish Command of the International Space Station
As America braces itself for another seven months of bickering over which suited flesh puppet most deserves to lead our country for the next ...

Jon Snow's Command Is Questioned in the First Deleted Scene from Game of Thrones Season 5
The Night’s Watch storyline in Game of Thrones last year was all about Jon’s struggle with command, both mentally and... uh, physically, especially ...

Barbie Now Has an Entire Smart Dream House That Responds to Kids' Voice Commands
... to have real conversations with kids, Mattel has just revealed an entire dream house that uses a wi-fi connection to respond to voice commands. ...

Police: Man Shot by Officers Ignored Commands to Drop Weapon
Police in Virginia say an 18-year-old man ignored their commands to drop a pistol before he was fatally shot by officers