BC30560: 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'.

Thought I would share the resolution to this error.

As the messge says it occurs becuase there are two references to this dll.

In my case it seemed to happen automatically.

The resolution was to go to the project property pages and remove the duplicate references.

I removed the reference to the CAG since I cannot rely on this being there when I publish to production

0
bmsvic
12/5/2008 10:49:04 PM
asp.net.tips-tricks 851 articles. 0 followers. Follow

'UpdatePanel' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'
I am trying to update my project from .Net 2.0 to 3.5 and I am having this error 'UpdatePanel' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'.  Can someone tell me please what is wrong or what should I check.Thank you, Eric In case here is my web.config : <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToke...

'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.
Ok. I cleared my whole drive of any refernce to Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll. I then installed the AJAX Core V1.0 following with ASP.NET AJAX "Value Add" CTP then I installed the Atlas control toolkit. When I just use the core components it's fine but when I add the toolkit I get this error. Error 1 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.  If I remove the reference and run it It just re-adds the reference. I thought maybe it was my PC so I tried another one and the same message. I know that the scriptmanager is now in the GAC ...

''''''''''''''''''''

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

'''''

BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.
Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.Source Error: Line 16: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ Line 17: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ Line 18: <ScriptService()> _ Line 19: Public Class Cli...

CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
 CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script type="text/C#" runat="server"> void Page_Load() {//The @ means "Ignore escape characters!" in the following string. It is a verbatim //literal string - any backslashes (and newlines) in...

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hello, I am trying to add ASP.NET AJAX functionality to an existing project. Here's what I did: I have downloaded and installed the AJAX executable from here: http://ajax.asp.net/ I have done an iisreset I have opened my existing project and modified the Web.config using this guide: http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx I opened my MasterPage and I added <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> just below the form-tag Whenever I try to build, I get this error: Error 36 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the nam...

BC30560: 'CrystalReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.Web'.
 I have an application I have been developing for a while.  There is a reports page that takes the name of the report and any parameters entered then passes them as session variables to a reportviewer.aspx page.  The report viewer page is composed of several crystal report data sources, one sql data source and one crystal report viewer.  On page load, the crystal report viewer is bound to the appropriate crystal report data source based on the session variable for the report name. After this, with a before render object event for the crystal report viewer, the report is a...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'
I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:  'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.1 Line 9: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ 2 Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ 3 Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ 4 Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest 5 Line 13: Inherits System.Web.Se...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'RoleService'
Error    88    Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'RoleService'.This is my relevant code:<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true">   <ProfileService LoadProperties="true" />   <RoleService LoadRoles="true" /></asp:ScriptManager>When I wrote that, the RoleService was not available from intellisence. Do I have the wrong version of AJAX working?  If so what should I do? Sh...

VS2005 VB.Net 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System'. Errors.
Hi guys,  I've searched and searched and can't find the fix for this.  I am recieving the max number of errors for my ASP.Net project.  The errors are simply stated as something like the title.  Other ones are: 'DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics'. 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System''CompilierGlobalScopeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilierServices'.'SerializationInfo' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization'  Most of the errors are comming up in files th...

Web resources about - BC30560: 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'. - asp.net.tips-tricks