Web pages hanging when 10 or more users actively browsing asp.net web pages

Please help:

My average web page Render Size in Bytes (including children): 178558 bytes

When I get 10 or more users actively browsing web pages, IIS server goes out of sync and slows down to the point where nobody can access web site until IIS or server is restarted.

When IIS performance decreases – servers CPU is still available.

Are there any settings in “machine.cofig” or in .NET framework 1.1 or IIS 6.0 that I can manage to increase IIS memory allocation for ASP.NET?

Thanks in advance!!!

Georgiy Kharchenko

0
Zhora

hello zhora,

your problem could raise a thousnd questions and hundres possible resolutions. ;).  10 users is still small to force you take down you're server.

It could be insufficient memory of your web server.
It could be leaky database connections.
It could be hardware failures and disk contentions.
It could also be a network problem.

ASP.Net uses 60% of your machines available memory so if you have 2Gig RAM you can only use 1.2MB of it. Checkout your codes also or user performance counters.

cheers,

Rodel E. Dagumampan
Software Engineer - ASP.NET/C#
Makati, Philippines

Visit Blog : http://www.devpinoy.org/blogs/dehranph
Philippine .NET Users Group
0
dehran
2/10/2006 6:49:54 PM

It is more then enough of hardware.

All the DB connections closed properly.

 I am not sure how to allocate more memory to the web server(IIS 6.0).

Is there settings that I can play with and maybe allocate more resources to the web server?

Thank you very much for your reply,

Zhora

0
Zhora

Clear User from Table on Web Page close in vb.net web project.
Hi All, I tried to place some code on sessiopn end which seems to be not working. http://212.24.225.146/SessionTest/Default.aspx Above url is recording session and code is: If Not IsPostBack = True Then Session("UserSession") = Session.SessionID Dim con As SqlConnection Dim cmdUpdate As SqlCommand Dim strupdate As String Dim dtread As SqlDataReader Dim updated_records As Integer con = New SqlConnection(db_connection) strupdate = "INSERT T...

activating new web page from another web page

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Blank web pages with Trillian's user web pages?
Is anyone else having this problem too? Flash v10.0 r32 loads, but no datas show up after that. Examples: http://www.trillian.im/users/vedran and http://www.trillian.im/users/antdude ... Both showed nothing in both Mozilla's SeaMonkey v1.1.17 and Firefox v2.0.0.20. No problems in Internet Explorer v6.0 SP2. Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show. /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \...

Web page .aspx is slow when loading. Pages have web user controls on them that are loaded dynamically
I have written a web application using VS 2003. Several of my forms have web user controls on them. The controls are loaded dynamically at runtime. The problem is that the web pages are very slow to load. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the pages being loaded into the browser? Here is an example of some code I use to dynamically load the controls:  private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   // Put user code to initialize the page here   // Put user code to initialize the page here    Co...

Apache + GW Web + High Utilization/Web pages hanging after users ~35+
Hi. I'd appreciate any advise here. I have GroupWise WebAccess 6.0.3 running with what looks like Apache 1.3.27. The server specs are dual 2.4 with 1.5 GB memory (more than sufficient I believe) with a 100MB connection. Things seem to run fine, but then after a few hours and handling a few connections, the gw web piece stops responding and the utilization goes up to 75-80% In the autoexec I have... SYS:\system\gwia.ncf SYS:system\GRPWISE.NCF gwwebup (modified GWApache.conf to listen on 443 and specified the ServerName) strtweb When the server hung, I tried unloa...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

parent web page --child web page
Dear Developers , how to get values child web page values to parent web page ? For the example , I have parent Employee Address. and child Page have employee personal address.. when i access the Parent page , there is no employee address means ..child page pop rises , after complete child page then only , i can access the parent page.. how to i do .. Thanking u raja Thanks,Regards,Rajamsrasa@yahoo.com...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

Web resources about - Web pages hanging when 10 or more users actively browsing asp.net web pages - asp.net.state-management

Facebook reveals it actively increased ad prices in Q4 2011
In its S-1 filing earlier today, Facebook revealed that it took steps to increase the reserve price in its advertising auction system, which ...

Time to change our culture to actively supporting technology Innovators to create new UK based Global ...
Background It is recognised the UK is rich source of innovative thinking and ideas yet so few reach successful exploitation to become new generation ...

Malcolm Turnbull and Julie Bishop actively considering their options as leadership crisis looms
... Turnbull and Julie Bishop, under growing pressure from their colleagues to challenge Tony Abbott for the prime ministership, are now actively ...

Thousands of health professionals 'actively monitored' to protect public: AHPRA
Thousands of health professionals are being actively monitored by authorities because they have a criminal history, drug problem, health impairment, ...

MH17: Julie Bishop fears Russia 'actively undermining' Malaysia Airlines investigation as Ukraine accuses ...
Pro-Russian rebels are accused of laying landmines to stop investigators reaching the MH17 crash site.

Jeb Bush, former Florida governor, to 'actively explore' 2016 presidential run
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Tuesday took his most definitive step yet toward running for president, announcing plans to "actively explore" ...

Disability issues actively pushed by China at ASEM
Disability issues actively pushed by China at ASEM People's Daily Online For the first time disability was included in the Asia-Europe Meeting ...

Apple ‘actively investigating’ alleged iCloud hacking that caused celebrity nude photo leak
... received a statement from Apple about the alleged hacking incidents. Natalie Kerris says : “We take user privacy very seriously and are actively ...

Law School Actively Encourages People To Apply Before They Go Home And Think
We've talked about the drop in law school applications. Generally, this is a good thing. Less pressure on law school tuition is a good thing ...

Alyssa Milano 'Actively Trying' For Second Baby
... have a sibling. The 41-year-old star stopped by Access Hollywood Live on Monday, where she revealed she wants a second baby. “We are actively ...