Using state management

I want to make an e-shopping site.

SCENARIO: the client selects the item, adds in to cart/Basket. the the client browser got closed accidently, the client in the mean time had added six items to the basket.  now the client re opens the browser and the site and sees the basket.

I want to save the client selected item for a particular of time.plz help in doing this.

as this is done in this link: http://www.ebookmall.com

Best regardz.

':/ Be Smart ':/ K@MR@N ':/
0
KamiIftikhar

Hi KamiIftikhar,
Such kind of personalized infomation can be stored in Profile then be persisted.
For more infomation about Profile, see:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.profile.profilebase.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d8b58y5d.aspx
Regards
0
raymond
11/29/2006 7:25:33 AM
For ASp.net 2.0 you can utilize the Profile as it the best candidate for your situation, just creat the Cart object as a property of the Profile, but in case if you are using asp.net 1.1 you have to do it manually - serialize/deserialize form db.
Long Live .NET
Kazi Manzur Rashid (Amit)
_________________________
Web: http //dotnetshoutout.com
Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/rashid
Twitter: http://twitter.com/manzurrashid
0
KaziManzurRashid

Easy explanation on Stateless management and State management
Hi,  Till now, me still confuse to understand Stateless management and State management. Can anybody explain to me in an easy understand with example? stateless - you cannot persist any values on frequent page request and response. state mgmt - you can retain values on subsequent calls. have a look at this http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1049585.html"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" hi, The World Wide Web, on the other hand, is intrinsically stateless because each request for a new Web page is processed without any kn...

Which option of State Management should be used?
I posted recently to find out the better choice, using URL parameters with Request.QueryString or to use session variables.  Now I have a more general question.For a small web app that requires the user to select information that needs to remain private, in other words doesnt need to be captured.  I have read up on some options and noticed that you can use ViewState for a page and then use an encryption option to keep that secure but to use ViewState across multiple web pages becomes cumbersome.I believe that in this instance that we can probably require cookies so I have thought a...

State Management using Controls
Hi,1. How to maintain state management using controls GridView, Datagrid, Dataview ?2. What other controls are used/can be used in/for state management? Thanks  check this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" By default all ASP.NET controls have a state called "View State" and it is Enabled by default. to Disable/Enable control state simply change EnableViewState propertyGridView1.EnableViewState=false; DataGrid1.EnableViewState=true;  Kh...

State Management; .Net Profiler
Here is the situation with the customized profiler. I got a profiler class called SSOProfileProvider inheriting from ProfileProvider. I've implemented the Initilization, GetPropertyValues and SetPropertyValues. The Get... and Set.. are making a call to the database to store profile into the database. This class has been stored in the separate DLL called "Security.DLL" and there is a web site that is using this dll. The web.Config for this website is as follow:<profile enabled="true" inherits="AppProfileBase" defaultProvider="SSO" automat...

how to manage states
Hi, one of my aspx page has calender controller and a gridview. when i select particular period on that calender my grid view data change. And there is a hyperlink fields in grid view. when i click on it it redirect to other page to edit that entry. After edit that entry i want to return to my original page. and grid view's data and calender selection should remain same when i return to it. i think this can be done by viewstate. if any one know pls let me know how to do this. Thanks and regards Amilaamila I have been trying (however unsuccessfully) to implement viewstate when navig...

State Management
I thinking of using the portal to replace an existing application created using webclasses which was created in vb 6 but one of the issues the current application has is state managment. After reading the current documentation on state management for .NET I think that having state stored on the sql server would be best for our organization but I would like to know if anyone has used the portal for a large number of user. Our intended user community is growinig from hundreds to the thousands who will be using the given application continously throughout the day and we are worried about ...

what is state management?
give me answer how to use it? which is mainly used to store the values of controls or varaibles in a web page. you must look google for these types of questions. www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y5y3c2c5(VS.71).aspxGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever. Hi You can use below link for state management. http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html    If this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Gnana Prakash...

state management
Dear all, I want to know the difference between view state and control state.Also I need some demos for the following: ----composite controls and templated controls ----creating and managing cookies ---cached items dependency and many more.Kindly help me on the above topics.Any help is welcome.   Thanks A new instance of the Web page class is created each time the page is posted to the server. In traditional Web programming, this would typically mean that all information associated with the page and the controls on the page would be lost with each round trip. For example, if a ...

What is state management?
What is state management?Ashok kumar check this Microsoft Documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspstatemanagement.aspcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands HTTP is a stateless protocol so  to do what you do in a Windows application you have to use Session state andthere are several ways of doing it.  If you write C# take a look at Coding Strategies of the Asp.net team by Rob Howard et al ,the people who runs this site and Programming .NET by Jeff Prosise.  Try these links for more info.  Hope this he...

State Management
Hello, I'm reading about state management for controls, and how you can retain state by implementing code in the LoadControlState and SaveControlState methods. I was wondering if this functionality is superceding the IStateManager interface's functionality for controls? Or if different, what will be the difference in 2.0? Thanks, BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The control-state is different from view-state in the control. Ho...

how to use state server to manage sessions
How does one use the state server? Can anyone explain the process how the state server is used or give me some links to which I can refer to, which will explain the same? Basically, we have a web farm environment and we need to persist data across the web farm, for which we intend to use the state server Hi, on the server where State Server will be running, on Services just start the "ASP.NET State Service" service. Then on web.config <sessionState> element in web apps change the mode attribute to "StateServer" and check that stateConnectionString attri...

State Management
<script language="javascript"> <!-- .... viewSecs = (secsRemain < 10) ? viewSecs = "0" + secsRemain : viewSecs = secsRemain; viewMins = (minsRemain < 10) ? viewMins = "0" + minsRemain : viewMins = minsRemain; viewHrs = (hrsRemain < 10) ? viewHrs = "0" + hrsRemain : viewHrs = hrsRemain; timerID = setTimeout("showtime()",1000); timerRunning = true; problem here = viewTime .... //--> </script> <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> &...

State Management??
 Hi I am learner, i need syntax of View State, session,query string and cookie. Please help me out in this. I am happy if you can provide the links of good tutorials of statemanagement.Thanks Best Resource http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx  Best Practices http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z1hkazw7.aspx*** If this post helps you, then Mark this post as Answer *** Hi Friend, Here are  the link to study all about Session state and session objects... http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ExploringSession.aspx These link is for cookies... http://w...

State Management How to???
hallo friends,   i am developing an Online Test application -- in which each student logins and the page will be redirected to exam page...there will be question and 5 options..when the answer is selected and clicks next button next question will come..(If question is attempted the questionID and Option will be added to a AnswerString in DataBase)but if because of some reason that session is closed and then the candidate logs in he/she should start the exam frm the last attempted question...hw can i achieve that????each time the student attempts the question whether i have to updat...

Web resources about - Using state management - asp.net.state-management

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Appreciating limits of fuel reduction burns vital to effective fire management in Victoria
Another fire season is upon us, and bushfires continue to threaten lives and property across southern&nbsp;Australia. In the face of this, it's ...

Team email confirms West Indies management knew of misbehaviour towards woman
An email from West Indies team manager Richie Richardson has emerged confirming team management was aware of misbehaviour from players towards ...

Flayk Family Management App Launches on iOS, Android
Flayk has announced the launch of its family management app on iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to coordinate the lives of multiple ...

Violin Management Defends Against Activist Clinton’s Call for New Board Members
... the company to be sold , stating that it wants to nominate three people to be elected to the board of directors as a “safety net” in case management ...

River & Mercantile Asset Management Acquires $1650000 Shares of Cisco Systems ...
River & Mercantile Asset Management Acquires $1650000 Shares of Cisco Systems ... Beanstockd Cisco Systems logo River & Mercantile Asset Management ...

Get 4 essential IT management certifications with this $59 bundle
... ITIL, CISA, CISSP, and CASP, four essential industry certifications that can bring in a bigger paycheck and a better job in IT management. Get ...