using sql server session, does it ALWAYS go to sql server?

Testing a simple web app that's configured to save session in SQL SERVER.
I have an array of 250000 ints. Session gets saved in 1 page, and retrieved correctly in another, but I only see 1 transaction in profiler.
Also have a large complex object size 250KB, and it get's restored instantly, implying it's not coming from the database.
From SQL Profiler, I see one transaction to aspstate db when I leave a page that saves session. Shouldn't I see a gaggle of msgs spew by when I save a large object to session???
All comments appreciated!
0
rickm2003

The short answer is yes. The session values are retrieved from SQL Server on every post back. The reason it is so quick is that the values are stored in SQL Server's cache and it does not have to retrive the data from the actual database or from disk. unless they are deleted from the cache. This is rarely the case with sessions stored in SQL Server.

hope this helps,
sivilian
My Weblogs
0
sivilian

Web resources about - using sql server session, does it ALWAYS go to sql server? - asp.net.state-management

Barack Obama speech to joint session of Congress, February 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's first State of the Union Address was the 2010 State of the Union Address . The speech was delivered on the floor of the chamber of the ...

Australia v West Indies: New year nets session to decide Peter Siddle's fate
Peter Siddle and Josh Hazlewood's hopes of playing in the Sydney Test will be more apparent on Friday but Australia coach Darren Lehmann won't ...

Adelaide Zoo’s popular blue-and-gold macaw Manu has gone missing after flying off in training session ...
BIRDWATCHERS are being asked to keep an eagle-eye out for Manu, Adelaide Zoo’s popular blue-and-gold macaw, who went missing this morning following ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) implied that prominent conservative ...

Paul Ryan: Sens. Sessions, Shelby, Cruz Lying About Omnibus
Paul Ryan said prominent conservative lawmakers have helped spread "misinformation" about his $1.1 trillion omnibus spending package,

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy releasing compilation of Peel Sessions, shares new version of "Rich Wife Full of ...
by Andrew Sacher Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (aka Will Oldham) is releasing Pond Scum on January 22 via Drag City. It's a collection of Peel Sessions ...

Venkaiah Naidu attacks Chidambaram, hopes GST passes in Budget session
Naidu alleged that as per the 'script', the Congress was 'dodgy' on this important issue

Saturday Sessions: Hippo Campus plays “Dollar Bill” from “The Halocline EPs” - Videos - CBS News
The talented young foursome plays a song from their hit release for “CBS This Morning".

Orrin Evans Searches for 'The Evolution of Oneself,' Smoke Sessions Records (REVIEW)
It's a Philly thing, man. It's also a family thing. For his 26th album, pianist Orrin Evans has formed his dream trio.

Now THAT'S a successful training session!
It's a couple decades back, and this pilot fish is the lucky winner of a half-day training class at a local computer education center. "I decided ...