Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

 Hello,

           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production.

"Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before mentioned registry value does not exist or is set to 0, then the state server connection string must use either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the server name."

I don’t know if it is the sessionState in web.config that causes the error because when I comment it everything is fine but I need the sessionState uncommented. Sad

On Development:

<add name="dataConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\jbp_data.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
<system.web>
<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

On Production:
<add name="dataConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=IPADDRESS;User ID=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;Initial Catalog=DATABASENAME" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<system.web>
        <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=IPADDRESS:42424" sqlConnectionString="dataConnectionString1" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

My hoster uses IIS 7, SQLServer2005 and support Framework 3.5, which I’m using right now.

cheers,
imperialx

0
imperialx

imperialx:
stateConnectionString="tcpip=IPADDRESS:42424" sqlConnectionString="dataConnectionString1" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>

Hi imperialx,

Have you checked whether the “ASP.NET State Service” started on the state server (IPADDRESS)? By default the state service’s startup type is “Manual” which means we should manually start it or change its type to “Automatic”.

In addition, if the state server and the web server are not the same server. You have to configure on the state server to allow remote request: set the value of registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection to 1.

In addition, please ensure the value of registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\Port is equal to the port setting in web.config (42424), and the port is not blocked by firewall.

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson
2/26/2008 11:17:14 AM

Benson Yu - MSFT:

In addition, if the state server and the web server are not the same server. You have to configure on the state server to allow remote request: set the value of registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection to 1.

Hi Benson,

                My hoster says "...refering to a remote db connection, sorry but that is not allowed for security reasons..."

                Am I at lost here?  Sad

cheers,
Harold

0
imperialx
2/26/2008 11:42:22 AM

 Hello,

         Problem Fixed! I just override the Provider settings in my web.config file. Yes

cheers,
imperialx

0
imperialx

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.   Our Session State Mode has been --------------------------------------------------------- <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>     Here is the Error we get randomly Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. P...

Visual Studio 2005
 Hi, I have recently been given a PC with Vista on it, and installed Visual Studio 2005 pro. I then moved a ASP.net web project from an XP machine to the Vista one. When I run the project from inside Visual Studio (debug mode) everything works fine on the front end of the website, but if I try and log in I get the following error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that i...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

Good news for those of you who get "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server." error..
Dear all,Due to the known problem of session variables getting lost if using InProc-server during frequent changes in development, I had to choose between SQL and ASP.NET State server, so I opted for the second. Initially, all fine, but after using it for a few days, I started to get this error: Server Error in '/cv2' Application.Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accep...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Unable to make the session state request
We use the asp .net state service in our application (.NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.832, IIS: 6.0). From time to time we're getting errors like the following on our production machines (not reproducable on development, test and prelive machines): Event code: 3009 Event message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Details: last phase='Reading response from the state server', error code=0x80072746, size of outgoing data=4089442   I assume, that it has something to do with the session size, because whenever we get the error, it has a s...

Unable to make the session state request to
Here is the Error we get randomly Annoyed me to death and could not figure out , I am hoping that someone might have experienced similar problem Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnecti...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'
 Hi,We are trying to implement Network loading for our asp.net (1.1) application for which we are storing the session in State Server.Following is the error is thrown while page is rendered when ever is a DTO is stored in to SEssion in any of the page.Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer' Following the code I written for DTO (C# Asp.net 1.1).     using System;    using System.Runtime.Serializa...

Web resources about - Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. - asp.net.state-management

Joint session of the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joint sessions of the United States Congress are the gatherings together of both houses of the United States Congress (the House of Representatives ...

Houston schools in session in spite of threatening email - abc13.com
Houston ISD is sending parents across the school district automated phone calls, notifying them of a threat it received.

Q&A Session with ASUS at CES 2016: 10 Years of the Republic of Gamers
As part of our coverage of CES 2016 a few short weeks away, we have teamed up with ASUS for a round-table into their Republic of Gamers (ROG) ...

"LOYALTY HAS BEEN REPAID WITH BETRAYAL" Jeff Sessions Slams Paul Ryan for Mocking American Workers
By Julia Hahn While members of House Freedom Caucus are giving Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) a public pass on the omnibus, populist thought leader Sen. ...

Sen. Jeff Sessions: Omnibus a ‘Betrayal’, Increases Foreign Workers, Fully Funds Obama Immigration Agenda ...
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) slammed the immigration implications of the year-end spending bill Wednesday.

Mass shootings a major topic of Obama’s question and answer session - Videos - CBS News
President Obama wrapped up business at the White House with a wide ranging question and answer session in the briefing room yesterday before ...

Sessions Teams Up With Florida’s Democratic Senator To Fix H-1Bs
Sessions Teams Up With Florida’s Democratic Senator To Fix H-1Bs

Not so fringe after all: Sen. Sessions angles to consider Trump's Muslim ban in Judiciary Committee
Never mind that people around the world are decrying Trump's Muslim ban as bringing the U.S. to the " brink of fascism ," Sen. Jefferson Beauregard ...

Dallas Mavericks: Rick Carlisle on team's extended film session following Atlanta loss: 'Our untimely ...
The Mavericks had an extended film session on Thursday to go over what went wrong in the 98-95 loss to Atlanta on Wednesday.It was a laundry ...

Justin Bieber's Neck Tattoo Artist Spills Everything About His Late-Night Ink Session
Justin Bieber's Neck Tattoo Artist Spills Everything About His Late-Night Ink Session