Unable to make the session state request to the session state server

Hi all,

I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server.

I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to:

<sessionState
            mode="StateServer"
            stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"
            sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
            cookieless="false"
            timeout="20"
    />

....where 123.456.7.8 is the ip address of my server that is running the ASP.NET State Service. I am sure the server is running the state service correctly, because when I run a website locally on that box using the StateServer mode, it works fine. However, when I try to access it remotely, I get the error message:

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

I already checked in regedit the value of the AllowRemoteConnection key and I tried setting it to both 0 and 1, and neither resolves the error. I also checked the port registry key here, and it is correctly using 42424.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Toth
http://sportsalert.net
0
jtoth55

Try to diagnose using he following article by increasing NetworkSession Timeout value ...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308097

From experience I have learnt to check every thing even if it is not exactly the same.If I  were you I will check every thing even if I am not getting errors in the log. But its up to you ....

ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog
0
JawadKhan
5/21/2005 4:14:16 AM
I am not getting errors in the event log, so that isn't relevant to me.

Any more ideas?

Justin Toth
http://sportsalert.net
0
jtoth55

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.   Our Session State Mode has been --------------------------------------------------------- <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>     Here is the Error we get randomly Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. P...

Visual Studio 2005
 Hi, I have recently been given a PC with Vista on it, and installed Visual Studio 2005 pro. I then moved a ASP.net web project from an XP machine to the Vista one. When I run the project from inside Visual Studio (debug mode) everything works fine on the front end of the website, but if I try and log in I get the following error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that i...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

Good news for those of you who get "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server." error..
Dear all,Due to the known problem of session variables getting lost if using InProc-server during frequent changes in development, I had to choose between SQL and ASP.NET State server, so I opted for the second. Initially, all fine, but after using it for a few days, I started to get this error: Server Error in '/cv2' Application.Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accep...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Unable to make the session state request to
Here is the Error we get randomly Annoyed me to death and could not figure out , I am hoping that someone might have experienced similar problem Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnecti...

Unable to make the session state request
We use the asp .net state service in our application (.NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.832, IIS: 6.0). From time to time we're getting errors like the following on our production machines (not reproducable on development, test and prelive machines): Event code: 3009 Event message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Details: last phase='Reading response from the state server', error code=0x80072746, size of outgoing data=4089442   I assume, that it has something to do with the session size, because whenever we get the error, it has a s...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'
 Hi,We are trying to implement Network loading for our asp.net (1.1) application for which we are storing the session in State Server.Following is the error is thrown while page is rendered when ever is a DTO is stored in to SEssion in any of the page.Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer' Following the code I written for DTO (C# Asp.net 1.1).     using System;    using System.Runtime.Serializa...

Web resources about - Unable to make the session state request to the session state server - asp.net.state-management

Barack Obama speech to joint session of Congress, February 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's first State of the Union Address was the 2010 State of the Union Address . The speech was delivered on the floor of the chamber of the ...

Is this the world’s first full virtual-reality motion/voice capture session?
Actors combine mo-cap suit, HTC Vive to become characters, see virtual teleprompters. Forget latex suits and white ping-pong balls. Motion-capture ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) implied that prominent conservative ...

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy releasing compilation of Peel Sessions, shares new version of "Rich Wife Full of ...
by Andrew Sacher Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (aka Will Oldham) is releasing Pond Scum on January 22 via Drag City. It's a collection of Peel Sessions ...

Venkaiah Naidu attacks Chidambaram, hopes GST passes in Budget session
Naidu alleged that as per the 'script', the Congress was 'dodgy' on this important issue

Saturday Sessions: Aoife O’Donovan performs “Porch Light” - Videos - CBS News
Singer and songwriter Aoife O’Donovan was musically inclined from a young age. After singing with a progressive bluegrass band, she went solo. ...

Orrin Evans Searches for 'The Evolution of Oneself,' Smoke Sessions Records (REVIEW)
It's a Philly thing, man. It's also a family thing. For his 26th album, pianist Orrin Evans has formed his dream trio.

Dow Jones Industrial Average Down on Final Session of 2015
Dow Jones Industrial Average Down on Final Session of 2015

Donald Trump Causes Kerfuffle At NBC TCA Exec Session
Donald Trump continues to make news for NBC , even when he’s not on its air. Today at TCA , NBC execs got asked to defend inviting the GOP frontrunner ...

Girl battling kidney cancer gets ride to final chemo session in fire truck
Girl battling kidney cancer gets ride to final chemo session in fire truck