The page requires session state that is no longer available.

Hi

i am new in developing a wap application by asp.net .

i get the following error

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."

Any one help me , How to short this problem.

shames
web developer
Techwave.com
0
shamestabrez

This is because you are using Session Variables in ur page. Session is by default 20 minutes...

please go through the link below for more refernce...

either you can increase the session time in your web config or check if session expires, if it expired throw an exception stating that session expries or appropriate message..

Thanks and Regards
Nimesh Prabhakar

Mark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you..
0
nimeshprabhakar

1)Are you trying to acess any session and then that error is coming.?? if yes check whether that session you have created or not and having any value or not.

2)increase session time out in webconfig's System.web section .

<system.web>

        <sessionState timeout="your integer value for timeout period"/>

<./system.web>

Harsh Bardhan
0
HARSHBARDHAN

There are some same issues with the Session state. please check following links:

MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available"
http://forums.asp.net/p/1128042/1792330.aspx

The page requires session state that is no longer available..
http://forums.asp.net/p/1256270/2367771.aspx#2367771

I hope it is helpful.

Best Regards,
Bober Song
--------------------------------
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you
0
Bober

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

The page requires session state that is no longer available
Since deploying my application to my live hosting site and trying the mobile application for the first time on a live mobile phone (Nokia 6310i) I keep getting the following error when moving from one form to another. . . The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit. I have looked through all the posts relating to this and most seem to be addressing this problem when it occurs in developme...

The page requires session state that is no longer available..
When using MobileControls in .Net 2.0 it seems whenever a user's session times out and they do a post back they get the error: The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit.If I disable viewstate for the page this error won't happen but I get other errors when asp.net tries to re-bind the values of drop downs.To reproduce this issue create Default.aspx with <%@ Page Language=&q...

MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available"
I get the "Page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, ....." error when I use Inherits System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage but i can use a page just find that just inherits UI.Page. I've tried setting cookieless=true...setting the historySize greater, and increasing the timeout, nothing works!.  I'm using a blackberry to access the page. Like I said, It's not an issue with a regular page...i can post back and retain info just fine.....but i want to take advantage of the mobile controls....What gives????...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Usage scenarios for view state, session state, application state, cookies
Hi Guys, Im a college student in London with exams starting Monday on ASP.NET with C#.  Id be so grateful if you could provide me with solid real world scenarios/examples of when you would use the following to maintain state and why you would use them in that instance:   View State Session State Application State Cookies Also when would you use SOAP instead of the REST architecture and vice versa and why - again real world usage scenarios?  I note Amazon's web service uses the REST architecture - why is this, why dont they use SOAP. Id be grateful for a timely respon...

Session State and View State
Hi Everyone, Can anybody tellme how are these used in context with ASP.NeT whats their sole purpose?.....and where in programming we use  them? Any links or sources would be good which explains in simple terms.   thanks Simi  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan Here is one of the discussion http://forums.asp.net/t/1145838.aspxMPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)  Hi There is a video tutorial a...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Is there a way to save all control state on a page and later return to that page in that state?
My scenario is a help subsystem.  User has controls on a page in some state, then clicks on "help".  They may naviagate several hops at that point, but when they click "return" i want to return to the page they left, in the state they had at the point they left (all controls on the page in that state as they were when user clicked on help). In other words, i want something like Reponse.Redirect, but that allows not only specification of a page to redirect to, but a state for controls on that page that is different from its usual default starting controls state. If you have ideas,...

Page requires session state error if application open in multiple browsers on same machine
I have an asp.net mobile application and I have found that if you open multiple instances of the application on the same machine (on a desktop node), then the exception "The page requires session state that is no longer available..." is thrown.  It would appear that there is only 1 session cookie per machine.  Perhaps this makes sense because on the actual mobile device you can only have one instance of IE running.  Is there any way to allow for multiple instances of the application.  In other words; can you force unique session cookies?  If not, are there...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Web resources about - The page requires session state that is no longer available. - asp.net.state-management

Video Screenshots Showing Chicago Police Officers Allegedly Deleting Laquan McDonald Shooting Footage ...
Two grainy screenshots have emerged for the first time appearing to show police officers sitting at a computer inside a Burger King, reviewing ...

Here’s What International Leaders Have To Say About Climate Change
It was time for the world’s heads of state to have their say on the climate change problems and opportunities. They have now done so at COP21. ...

Roundup: Mark Zuckerberg Giving 99% of Facebook Shares to Charity & Mark Richt, Georgia Governor?
Jacqueline MacInnes, actress … Mark Zuckerberg plans on giving away 99% of his Facebook shares to charity … on Thanksgiving, “ Sisters tried ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Secret Easter Eggs Leaked Online, Plus Everything We Know About Villain ...
With the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens only a month away, it seems as though everyone is getting in on the action, including a few ...

Syria airstrikes vote: Corbyn accused of threatening own Labour MPs as Cameron refuses to apologise for ...
Prime Minister urges Conservatives not to 'sit on your hands' while Labour MPs are left in tears over 'bullying' tactics ahead of air strikes ...

Cyber Monday sales top $3 billion as discounts spur buyers
Shopping through mobile devices soared on Cyber Monday, accounting for more than a quarter of the $3 billion in sales, but many online retailers ...

Samsung's Gear VR goes on sale in the UK for £80
If you're intrigued by VR and whether the technology is really up to snuff, there's a new smartphone-powered headset by Samsung to consider. ...

‘Game of Thrones:’ Bono & RED AIDS Campaign Offer Chance To Win Tour Of Season 7 ‘GOT’ Set For World ...
To raise awareness on World AIDS Day, Bono of U2 has started a unique campaign giving donors a chance to win a visit to the Belfast sets of the ...

A new Google feature that allows you to archive photos could give Pinterest a headache
Google has introduced a Pinterest-like feature that allows people to archive photos into folders and look at them later. The new Google Inside ...

More than 700,000 British children affected by VTech hack
The popular toymaker has admitted personal details of 6.4 million children globally have been accessed