System.Net.Cookie --> System.Web.HttpCookie ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a System.Net.Cookie to a System.Web.HttpCookie ? What is the difference exactly?

What I'm trying to do is simulate a pseudo-autologin feature on my site into another website. So for example, my code does an HttpRequest to a remote server that returns the Authentication cookie. I then want to send that cookie to the client so they can make regular requests to the remote server as an authenticated user, without having to go through my application again.
So far, I have been able to get the authentication cookie just fine, but I can't figure out a way to send it to client. I was hoping i could just add it to the current HttpResponse and send it to the client that way, but it uses HttpCookies, not .Net.Cookies, which is what the HttpWebResponse object returns from my "behind-the-scenes" post. Is this even possible?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Peter
0
pyerwoh

I am also facing the same problem if you found any solution for that problem please let me know

Thanks in advance

0
chvbreddy

Difference from System.Web and System.Net
Excuse me, could anyone explain me a concept of the differnce between System.Web and System.Net? And how to use two of these? Thank you, Aom I believe you are on the wrong mailing list! On 2014-06-26, 5:49 AM, Alonze wrote: > Excuse me, could anyone explain me a concept of the differnce between System.Web and System.Net? > And how to use two of these? > > > Thank you, > > Aom > > > _______________________________________________ > dev-platform mailing list > dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-...

System.web.mail to System.net.mail
I converted a asp.net web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005. i now get error message when i build it  stating system.web.mail  is obsolute,  use system.net.mail i redefine to system.net.mail but now i get other error message such as smtpMail does not exist in the current context. cannot implicitly convert type string to System.Net.Mail.MailAddress   so System.Web.Mail want work in ASP.net web app convert to VS 2005 running on framework 2.0?           because if i change to System.Net.Mail  i am ...

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

Migrating from System.web.mail to System.net.mail
Hi Every1,I've recently used the System.web.mail to send mail, using the IIS's smtp server.Doing this, i didn't really need to do anything in the web.config file or give any special parameters to the client. It just assumed i was working with my very own smtp service that came with the IIS and everything worked fine.Now i migrated to System.net.mail and now i need to insert my smtp service's host location under <system.net> in the web.config file.However, i don't know what to write there so the client will use my smtp sevice (host="localhost" doesn't work)can any1 help me on this one?t...

System.Web.Mail vs System.Net.Mail
Hi AllI was using System.Web.Mail in an application on our test server.  That worked fine.  I never had to specify a server or change any settings.  It just works.  Whatever settings the server has set up are used.  This is great.I saw that System.Web.Mail has been deprecated, so I'm trying to use System.Net.Mail.  I'm having a problem.  Net.Mail doesn't use whatever settings Web.Mail used.  I can't send e-mail with Net.Mail.  I see several people use the web.config file to set the server up, but I can't get that to work. I jus...

switching from system.web.mail to system.net.mail
I have been converting my code from system.web.mail to system.net.mail.  I have been able to convert the to, from, cc, and message body to the new format easily but...my question is how do i convert this into system.net.mail format?SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "server";                SmtpMail.Send(mail);Would this be the solution?SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("server");                client.Send(mail); Here's a full example of how to per...

Changing System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
I am trying to learn ASPI have been using the Visual Web Developer 2005I have the following line that I can not work out how to convert.<%Dim FromForm As String = "Mail@Myname.co.uk"Dim ToMe As String = "Me@myname.co.uk"Dim FormSubject As String = "Contact Infomation"Dim EmailText As String = "Blar Blar Blar"System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(FromForm,ToMe,FormSubject,EmailText)%>It tells me that I cannot use System.Web.Mail any more and should use System.Net.Mail. I have been unable to work out what the new code should be to get it to work.The Language is VBCan anyone tell me how to change...

Working with System.Web.Mail but not with System.Net.Mail
Hi, i am having trouble sending e-mails using System.Net.Mail namespace while there is no problem with System.Web.Mail. I am  using remote smtp server with no authentication.  My code as shown below:1 try2 {3 MailMessage message = new MailMessage();4 message.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;5 message.To = "admin@mydomain.com";6 message.From = "test@mydomain.com";7 message.Subject = "Test Smtp";8 message.Body = "TestMail 123";9 10 SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mysmt...

difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail
What is difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail  namespace?What is use of both ? System.Web.Mail was in .NET Framework v1.1System.Net.Mail is in .NET Framework v2.0 and greaterSame use, although there is more functionality in System.Net.Mail since it is a later version of the framework. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  What All-Star said. I assume the reason it was moved to a different namespace is because the internet is actually a suite of technologies: e-mail, ftp, http (web), etc. E-mail and...

System.Web.Mail.MailMessage.UrlContentBase in System.Net...
Is there an equivalent of UrlContentBase and UrlContentLocation in System.Net.*??The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by Convergence Communications Consultants....

Converting from System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I've converted System.Web.Mail (code is underlined) to System.Net.Mail (code is Bold) . I'd like to know if it's correct. Thanks !!public uint enviar()        {            try            {                // Abrir el archivo que contiene el template del HTML.                // Envia el mail con el HTML.&nbs...

What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?
What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?Is it needed to configure the smtp server? Plz tell me the steps to develop the email sending facility in our applicationSwati Jain Take a look at www.systemnetmail.com.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Problem with difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail in using attachments
I have a web .Net app which sends emails with attachments.  After the email is sent I clean up aftermyself and delete the attachments from disk.   In upgrading to .Net 2  I changed the email logic from using system.web.mail to system.net.mail  (of course vs is telling me system.web.mail is obsolete).In .Net 1.1,  the files deleted with no problem but in .Net 2 when I attempt to delete  I receive The process cannot access the file ...' because it is being used by another process. If I change the code back to using system.web.mail I can delete the file...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

Key and Data Management System using .Net web service
 Hi all, I am a total beginner and desperately in need for your help.  I want to create a Key and Data Management  System using .Net web service but have no idea where to start.   What would be the easiest way to do this?  First, how do I setup IIS and ASP.NET?  I used window Vista and followed this when installing IIS 7.0:  To Install:Download the ZIP file and extract the MSI.  Install the MSIRun notepad as Administrator(do this by right-clicking your notepad shortcut and chosing "Run as Administrator")Open %systemdir%\system32\ine...

Web resources about - System.Net.Cookie --> System.Web.HttpCookie ? - asp.net.state-management

HttpProgress structure (Preliminary)
Dev Center - Windows Store apps Dev Center Home Windows Store apps Internet Explorer Desktop Hardware Dashboard Get started Design Develop Market ...

Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes
Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes

Updating your JavaScript apps to use the new Windows.Web.Http API
... path in any sub-domain of ‘example.com’: var bpf = new HttpBaseProtocolFilter(); var cookieManager = bpf.CookieManager; var cookie = new H ...

HttpResponseMessageSource enumeration (Preliminary)
Dev Center - Windows Store apps Dev Center Home Windows Store apps Internet Explorer Desktop Hardware Dashboard Get started Design Develop Market ...

HttpProgressStage enumeration (Preliminary)
Dev Center - Windows Store apps Dev Center Home Windows Store apps Internet Explorer Desktop Hardware Dashboard Get started Design Develop Market ...

HttpCompletionOption enumeration (Preliminary)
Dev Center - Windows Store apps Dev Center Home Windows Store apps Internet Explorer Desktop Hardware Dashboard Get started Design Develop Market ...

HttpVersion enumeration