Session variable value gets lost

I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/her Application Session? ANy ideas?

WhoIsPrime

are you using InProc session mode? With InProc mode, Session will be lost when AppDomain/Worker process recycles. You can use StateServer or SQLServer mode. With either of these mode, session will survive AppDomain/Worker process recycle.
What really matters most is the chance to communicate with you, my friends, rather than marking my post as answer, though I would be really appreciated if you do so.
0
My

How to get session variable value into a static variable
Hi, On page preinit i am adding few session variables. Now i want to retrive these session variable values into my static variables. protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e) {Session.Add("T", "Default"); Session.Add("T1", "Red"); Session.Add("T2", "Blue");   }   i have few static variables which shud contain these vaules.  public string TT; public string TT1; public string TextForeColor =sess = "#FFFFFF";   i want to get T value into TT ... T1 into TT1..and so on &n...

Getting value out of session variable
 Hi,How to get the value of a session. It is storing the dataset value. I dont know how to transfer that to a variable.   private SearchDotnet.Searchs.UserSearch sSite;  if ((sSite == null))          {             sSite = Session["Site"];           }         }  The thing is sSite is  delcared as above. I need to unload the session variable to sSite. Have not found a...

getting value of session variable
I'm trying to display the value of a session variable in a label. I know the session variable exists because in my page load event I redirect the user to a different page if it's value is null. I want to display it's value in a label to test some things, but I keep getting an error whenever I try.  Here is my code:   Label:<asp:Label ID="lblSessionTest" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>  How I'm trying to display it (in my page load event):  lblSessionTest.Text = Session("loggedIn"); &nbs...

Session Variables (Get values)
Hi, I am storing some variables in Session, Double values, Integers and Strings.Sometimes these values can be null or empty (""). While retrieving these values from session I will declare a variable of its type. Let say for example I want to get a Double value from Session. Dim dblAmount as DoubledblAmount = Session("sessAmount") Here I am getting trouble when value is empty, its giving an errorConversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. How to handle this kind of situations? Let me know your suggestion. Thanks   Hi. Before assigning the value, check if the session...

session variable gets lost
Hi! I have a session variable, and I set the Session.timeout=120; but after a while (not even 30 mins )it got lost and had errors cause of that in the app_code, where I have a function that takes as parameter the session variable value. Thank for any advice. Firstly make sure you are never overwriting the session variable.Another thing would be if the web server is low on resources it may drop some session items.  Make sure in the web.config file the session timeout is set properly     <sessionState timeout="120"/>Check below link for more info ht...

Session Variables getting lost
Hi I have a Parent Page called Parent.aspx in which i have a Grid View which has a column in which button is placed from which i am opening a Pop Up Window(Page) named Child.aspx. Before opening th pop up i assigning a DataTable to a Session variable so that i can access the DataTable in Child.aspx which can be accessed.Now I have created the 2nd DataTable in Parent.aspx for which the rows are added in the child.aspx page. The 2nd DataTable need to maintain all the rows which are added in child.aspx page. but unfortunately i am not getting  the DataTable from the Session .If i make...

After a looong night managed to change Session mode from inProc to SQLServer but still can't get the session variables to be saved
Hi,  I ran my Shopping Cart project and somehow everything worked fine(while in inProc), session variables were saved fine. I made some changes to my project and since then keep getting null session variables, no matter what I do. It took me the whole night to figure out how to turn to SQLServer mode,  marked custom classes as 'Serializable' with [Serializable] before the class definition but everything's in vain. Getting the same damned 'nulls' instead of the saved objects. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)         {...

Getting a session variable value in Servlet
Hi, I am using psSession to set and get session variables in PowerDynamo scripts. I also had to use servlets for serving some of the pages. I want to access the session variables I have set in PowerDynamo scripts from my servlet. I tried session.getValue from my servlet. But it returns a null in servlet. Any ideas as to how I can get the values of session variables in my servlet? TIA, Mani. Mani, I would think that because they are two different session types you could not do this. A workaround would be to create a cookie that you can use from either spot Scott ...

Session Variable Value Lost Problem
Hi, i am making a login page, in which after successfull login i am storing mey  CandidateId in session like Session("CandidateId") =  reader("CanId") but this above session variable value is lost in other locations... when i redirect to any other page.................. plzz help me out...... note. the above session variable is  availabe to me in the same page...... like Response.write(session.item("CandidateId")) is available in the login.aspx but not in  successful.aspx................. or any other page...       Are your users being redirected ...

ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost
Name: Randy Email: randyatgetsetdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost Comments: I am a ColdFusion Programmer and just downloaded Firefox 3.0. Twice in the last twenty four hours my ColdFusion session variables have suddenly disappeared. It is possible they timed out. They have a two hour limit set but typically they persist two hours from last use it is possible they are timing out two hours from their creation. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 ...

How to get session variable values in webpart?
Anyone know that how to get session variable values in webpart? I developed a ASP.NET page to accept a input order code e.g. "E923829" and set it as session variable for the following working page. One of the working page is containing a webpart to show this order summary e.g. number of items and total price. I'm using VB.NET to develop this webpart. I'd tried to use Dim OrderNumber as string = Page.session("ORDER_NUMER"). But this will cause error while loading the webpart. Your advice will very appreciated....

Session state keeps getting lost it seems....
I've had this problem for months it seems and I still haven't figured it out... I have a large, complex SQL-driven web application with 100 or so users. Every once in awhile users randomly get logged out and I think it's because the session is getting reset. I can't figure out why. I figured out one thing that was part of the problem. I was updating the system constantly, changing dozens of relatively large files at a time, and from what I read, if you do that too oftenASP will eventually run out of ram and reset itself, losing the session state. Apparently ASP doesn't get rid of the ...

session variable gets lost when calling a class
 HiI have a wierd problem that I am really struggling with I have a session variable session("userid") that I use throughout a site with no problems I am using a class to upload a file , the class is called on the on_click event of a button when this class is called , the class works fine , does nothing unusual and does not use session variables , after the call to the class has done its thing the session("userid") is set to nothing ?Does anyone know why this might be happening ? thanks    How are you accessing the Session in the class? Make sure you are...

State management upon session variable changes
I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session. My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed? Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense. ...

Web resources about - Session variable value gets lost - asp.net.state-management

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...