session states expiring

When my Session variables expire, I'd like to reset everything and go back to default.aspx.

Whats the easiest way to do this?

0
pizzamaker74

have a look here http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5771721.html

Session_End: Fired when a user's session times out, ends, or they leave the application Web site, this means you can no longer referance them, so tring to redirect them will not work.

Liam Mcmullen
0
liammcmullen
11/10/2008 11:48:22 PM

Hi

you can cancel current session by calling HttpSession.Abandon() method.

and be careful End event is supported only when the Session mode is Inproc

please check following link out.

HttpSessionState.Abandon Method

Regards.

0
handcraft
11/10/2008 11:59:32 PM

Please paste code

Kyle Isaacs
Email : kyle@live-it.com
Skype : kyle.isaacs01
______________________________________
Please do note "FORGET" to mark post as answer if its correct
0
kyle
11/11/2008 1:29:33 PM

session.removeall()

or session.abandon()

0
pizzamaker74
12/3/2008 10:26:14 PM

 if you remove specify session. Session.Remove(session's name);

0
xuannien84
12/4/2008 2:21:33 AM

 Hello,

Check this

http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2008/11/detecting-session-timeout-and-redirect.html

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep Reddy Pasham
GGK Technologies, Hyd
www.ggktech.com
http://aspdotnetdevs.blogspot.com
~ Please remember to click Mark as Answer on this post if it helped you ~
0
sandeepreddi
12/6/2008 7:47:22 AM

Im only a begginner

but what about using the applications Global.asax file

it includes:-

void Session_End(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

// Code that runs when a session ends.

// Note: The Session_End event is raised only when the sessionstate mode

// is set to InProc in the Web.config file. If session mode is set to StateServer

// or SQLServer, the event is not raised.

}

Zaynab
0
Zaynab

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Usage scenarios for view state, session state, application state, cookies
Hi Guys, Im a college student in London with exams starting Monday on ASP.NET with C#.  Id be so grateful if you could provide me with solid real world scenarios/examples of when you would use the following to maintain state and why you would use them in that instance:   View State Session State Application State Cookies Also when would you use SOAP instead of the REST architecture and vice versa and why - again real world usage scenarios?  I note Amazon's web service uses the REST architecture - why is this, why dont they use SOAP. Id be grateful for a timely respon...

Session State and View State
Hi Everyone, Can anybody tellme how are these used in context with ASP.NeT whats their sole purpose?.....and where in programming we use  them? Any links or sources would be good which explains in simple terms.   thanks Simi  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan Here is one of the discussion http://forums.asp.net/t/1145838.aspxMPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)  Hi There is a video tutorial a...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

doubt in application state and session state
Is it right, application state stores value for a web application, but session state stores value for a specific user over a website? Yes... but can I know the purpose of this specific question...This article has simple and effective instructionshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598  Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue  Ok, I did some reading on application state as I've not really used it but, in general you statement is correct.  Application State store...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.   Our Session State Mode has been --------------------------------------------------------- <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>     Here is the Error we get randomly Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. P...

session state faster than view state??
Hello, I have been told not to use session state because we will potentially have a server farm. However, my web page runs MUCH slower with view state than session state. In debug, it takes 60-90 seconds before I even hit the breakpoint on the page load event. It is also considerably slower out of debug. I need to potentially save a large dataset of information. Is this difference expected or is there something wrong with my project. If its my project, can you give me some ideas of where to look for problems? Thanks in advance. Session state stays on the server, wehreas ViewSta...

What is application state dan session state?
Hello everybody,i want to ask what is application state and when we use it. Can you give me the example... I want to ask again, if i use session and many user visit my website the session for the users is different or same..?Thank you very much...   Hi,The best place to learn is the quickstartsUnderstanding Applications and State Regards  ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Session state, app state or class?
    Greetings     I developing an application which will load a number of panels onto a page    The number of panels to display on the page will depend on data which was     stored in a sql db during setup phase    Which is the most effecient way to get that data?    1) run a class on the server which gets the data from the db and sends it to        the browser each time the page is displayed     2) run the class on the server on app start and then ...

Session state managment
Can anyone refer me to a session state managment book and security practices if there is anything like that out their. Pelease check these sites. You may find them helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163730.aspx http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2964.html http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=249 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31842&seqNum=3 http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/42075.htmPlease Mark As Answer if it helps you!...

Web resources about - session states expiring - asp.net.state-management

Blink Messenger - Expiring group texts, photos, and chats for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get Blink Messenger - Expiring group texts, photos, and chats on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Americans fear consequences of unemployment benefits expiring
More than 1 million will lose benefits; Obama administration urges Congress to extend them after holiday break

[Update: Official Statement] Many Cerberus Free 'Lifetime' Licenses Are Expiring In A Few Days Because ...
Cerberus is one of the more full-featured device security apps available on Android. It has more features than Android Device Manager, and more ...

Rumor: Apple's expiring chip contract with Samsung will lead to TSMC-built 'A7' chips
Apple's future "A7" chips for 2014's "iPhone 6" will be built by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. once the existing contract with Samsung ...

Senate impasse: NSA spy tactics—including phone records collection—expiring
... Sunday to extend three Patriot Act surveillance measures ahead of their midnight expiration. One spy tool whose legal authorization was expiring ...

Despite expiring deadline, Saab talks with Chinese investors continue
Time is running out on the Memorandum Of Understanding between Saab parent Swedish Automobile and the automaker's two Chinese suitors. The MOU ...

County idea: Keep expiring gas tax, use funds to fix crumbling streets
County Administrator Chuck Huckelberry and the Pima Association of Governments want the state to raise gas taxes, with the extra money dedicated ...

How expiring Bush tax cuts will affect you
If the Bush tax cuts disappear altogether, it will affect everyone not just wealthy taxpayers. Learn all about taxes at Bankrate.com.

D/FW Airport CEO sees need for 6th terminal; unworried by Wright Amendment expiring
Just three months into the job, Sean Donohue’s got one of his first chances to talk to the public about his plans for the airport.

"The Senate opened a rare Sunday night session in a desperate attempt to extend a national security surveillance ...
"Senator Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada, criticizing Mr. McConnell on the Senate floor, said, 'The majority leader had five months' to fix the ...