Session Management in SQL SERVER for .NET 2.0

Hi,

I need to maintain Session variables in the Sql Server Database.

But for maintaining the Session, the aspnet_regsql.exe must be run in the .net 2.0 framework.

I have a clarification on running aspnet_regsql.exe in asp.net 2.0

I have a Web Server 'TESTWEB' where my source code resides.

The Database server resides in another server.

The exe must be run in the command prompt from C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0\
mentioning the parameters as Database server name, User id, Password.

But the doubt is, whether this exe must be run only from this web server 'TESTWEB'  or any web server that holds .net framework 2.0

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

TIG

0
Tig

you don't need a sql server on client side. So don't bother about the aspnet_regsql.exe

You have to configure the session state in the we.config

eg

<sessionState
            mode="SQLServer"
            sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=<username>;password=<strongpassword>"
            cookieless="false"
            timeout="20"
    />

Got what you needed. Please mark as answer.
0
Sathesh_pandian

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express
Anyone have installation instructions for this configuration:WinXP, IIS 5.1, .Net 2.0 (release), SQL2005 (SQLExpress) release...without VisualStudio 2005? Using SQLSMSE for database creation?Every attempt I make appears to succeed, but viewing the databasein SQLSMSE shows no stored procs, etc. in the db. Sometimes thecore modules are installed / available, sometimes they're not.Is it related to the file attachment in web.config?Could this have something to do with the 'file manager is unavailable'and 'cannot open a closed file' errors people have been reporting?Kirk...

What is managed and un managed code in .net 2.0
Hi all what is the differnce between Managed and un Managed code in .net 2.0 can any body suggest me the article regarding use of Interfaces in .net 2.0   Best regards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Check out this link   http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10034664/managed-vs-unmanaged-code.aspx  Thanks,santosh_maharajaPlease mark as answer if you got expected solution.  Hi,    The code can be executed by .net CLR is Managed Code, code which can't be are unmanaged code Refer...Managed / UnManage...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Lost ability to manage SQL Server at Server Explorer in Visual Studio .NET
Good day all, I am no longer able to manage SQL Server at the server explorer in Visual studio. i.e. create, modify and delete for Diagrams, Tables, Views, Stored Procs & Functions. Further more, it missing Diagram and function folder. I can only view or read data. But I can access local MSDE as usual. Whats I have done wrong? Please Help. Thanks. I would go to SQL Server Enterprise Manager and see if you can do all of the above, if you can, then you may look in reinstalling Visual studio.net with the repair options. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Gift PeddieKind ...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Session Sharing Between .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0
I want to share session between two .net application depolyed on one server side by side. I have created one application in asp.net 1.0 and other in Asp.net 2.0. Plzzz Help Me Out Give me Some Link So I Can Get Some Knowledge Or Show me Some Sample Application Thanks....  Two different applications cannot share session state between them, regardless of the ASP.NET version.You can share cookies check http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/10/432851.aspx Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRememb...

Web resources about - Session Management in SQL SERVER for .NET 2.0 - asp.net.state-management

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Management expert Michael Schrage tells why you should love your ex-employees
Talented people who leave your organisation are not traitors.

Get trained for a career in project management for $39
... can be daunting—and expensive, when you’re starting your training from scratch. So if you’ve been thinking about a new career in project management, ...

Who is your team's clock-management assistant?
(Note: Sunday's edition of The Buffalo News includes a feature that explores the philosophies, fallacies and analytics of NFL clock management. ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

Pain management: We have the technology
From time to time you might see a story pop up written by someone in chronic pain. That story will often detail the needless and unproductive ...