session intermittently dying

We are running a system running both ASP and ASP.NET using session to protect the the login pages. However, once awhile, users would get killed out due to the session varibles were lost. We checked out session setting in IIS 6 and make sure the session is set to die in more than 1 hour. However, this did not solve it. It happens in both ASP and .NET pages. It dies range from 1 minute to 60 minutes. What is the reason of this occurrence?

Thanks,

0
zeglecom

Session will get terminated when:

- Application Pool restarts
- Web.Config get modified
- Any Assembly within the web application get modified/deleted

Thank you
Naveen Joshi

Always remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
0
naveenjoshi

Are you trying to access ASP.net session in ASP or vise versa bec you can not access any session variable  Between ASP and ASP.net.

The session created by ASP pages and session created by ASP.net pages is totally diffrent.

0
swapnil1987
4/30/2009 7:00:00 AM

Have you tried creating separate application pools for each site?  That is worth a go.

Sincerely,
Malcolm Sheridan
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as
Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
malcolms

Session state managment
Can anyone refer me to a session state managment book and security practices if there is anything like that out their. Pelease check these sites. You may find them helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163730.aspx http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2964.html http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=249 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31842&seqNum=3 http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/42075.htmPlease Mark As Answer if it helps you!...

Session State Management
Which is the better option? Storing Session In Process .. Same process as the Web Server Storing Session State in a Windows Service .... ASP.NET State Storing Session State in Database. I am debating the pro's and con's of the three, basically it is for providing the typical who is online and what portion of the site they are visiting at the moment. I am tempted to use the Windows Service and run in on a secondary box.    AngeloA Hi,I moved your post from the FAQ forum to here as the FAQ forum is for posting answers to commonly asked questions, not asking questions.Ryan...

about session state management
i am new in this field and i want to know , how can i manage login state management in web application . what namespace and attribute and property should i use. please reffer me   Check these links.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/879kf95c.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178331.aspx http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/security/login.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." check out previous discussion http://forums.asp.net/p/1131994/1798030.aspx  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Bl...

Managing Session State
 Hi, Is there a way to set how long a session variable persists before it is destroyed?  I use forms based authentication on my site, but some events are based on particular session variables, and often times the session variable will be destroyed if the user leaves the session idle for a few minutes.  Can I configure my site so that session variables stick around until the forms authentication session is over?  Or, is it possible to set an event that triggers when the session state expires or when the session variables are destroyed that redirects to the login page?...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Session management
Hi, We are planning to use state server for maintaining session in our application since we are going for web farm installation. Could anyone please clarify the following queries 1) Assume we are installing our application in server 1 and server 2. Should I run state service in both the servers. Or there is an option of running service in Server 1 and point server 1 and server 2 to the service running in server1? 2) Somewhere in the article I read to maintain session variables all the pages in the application should be in one directory only. Is that true? If it is true how do we mainta...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Session State Management #2
I have used Forms Authentication in my web application. And settings for session in Web.cofig is as follows <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="10" /> I want to redirect to my "Login.aspx" after session gets expire. My session variables are intialized in Login.aspx. Actually I have gone thrugh all this site, but could not get satisfaction. Please help me out for the same. Thanks in advance Regards, Kiran Hi,try to add Server.Transfe...

session state management help
If im storing sessions as 'session.contents("mysession") = "this is the text in my session" And i want to change the length of time before it timesout, is this a custom session? how would i set the timeout in the web.config file?i dont know what providers to use, i want it to be about an hour, so timeout="60"can anyone help?thanks Hi Friend, Here is the option to set the session time out.. 1. In Web.config like..            <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="60" cookieless=...

Session state timeout management
Hello all !There is one solution that is eluding me when it comes to the built in session timeout functionality in ASP.NET. What I have currently:A SessionCheck class that checks if a user session is timed out (using IsSessionNew() in conjuction with checking if there is a session cookie present etc.). Works fine and my system that measures the time users are logged in, covers this situation as long as the users "log in" (TimeIn), and subsequently "log out" when they are done (TimeOut). What I am not able to cover so far, is when the user is timed out from x min's of ...

How is session states managed in detail?
When I run the example http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/apps/session1/VB/session1.aspx on http://asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx for session state with cookies switch of for my browser, I expected to se the session_id in the url when I press the button, but I never se anything why ?After changing the background color I open a new window with explorer and start the example again, and guess what, the new example has the color changed too. I thought that I was starting a new session, but obviously I was not. How could the server know that? may be a prox...

Out Of Process Session state management
Hi,My web application is based on ASP.NET 2.0 with C#, SQL Server 2005. We are using InProc session state management. When the user logs in I am  storing some basic user information like userid, emailaddress, customerid, account no is the session variables. This information frequently required in several pages of the application. The application is hosted in a web farm.  I have often heard and read that applications hosted in web farm should use Out of process session state management. Would using State Service be a good option? Is it reliable? If I decide change to OutofProce...

Web resources about - session intermittently dying - asp.net.state-management

Ty Burr reviews “X-Men: Days of Future Past”: This is what the new Spider-Man movie should feel like.

The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently a Problem?
... interested in some LEED support. You can contact him at: victorprovenzano1@gmail.com The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently ...

LinkedIn Web site goes down intermittently
The social networking site suffered from at least two brief outages this morning.

Google Talk Having Issues, Working Intermittently - Geekosystem
Google Talk has been having issues all of this morning for the majority of users. The application's status dashboard notes a disruption starting ...

Village Post Office Intermittently Closed
Resignation prompts intermittent closure of post office at remote Alaska island village

MacBook Air & Pro Update 2.0 Available Intermittently
... Excerpt of Page / Article Apple released MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 on Thursday, but that update has only been accessible intermittently. ...

Kyle Smith: Intermittently brilliant Tarantino flick ‘Django Unchained’ rehashes ‘Inglourious Basterds’ ...
‘django Unchained” might have been a revelation in 2005. But after Quentin Tarantino and others have spent years spoofing ’60s and ’70s genre ...

Poor Little Rich Christian: Hulu’s Intermittently-Insightful “Rev.”
“First let’s say morning prayer. But let’s say it quietly, in case somebody here has got a hangover.” That’s from the first episode of Rev . ...

I-676 Will Be Closed Intermittently Over the Next Week
The Vine Street Expressway will be closed overnight — tonight and all next week — as part of a $64.8 million bridge replacement project.

Writing intermittently
Oh, readers. Is there anything I can say that will appease you? Thank you for the inquiries, the orders, and the pleading tones. I swear, I’m ...