Session fails to work on one server but works on another... (same project)

Ok, I have a strange problem, I use session on one computer and it works,

however using the same project on another computer makes the session fail...

 Im assigning an object to the session and yes, its set to serialize...

What could be the reason for this kind of behaviour?

0
Stoffe81

 check how much RAM the other machine has. If available RAM is too low then asp worker process get recycled, and you loose your sessions. Other reason might be, u r using SQL server as u r session manager, but that sql server doesnt exists in other machine. check these

Raghu
(MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDBA)
[Don't forget to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you ]
0
rmaiya
8/3/2007 5:26:39 PM

Hmm, the thing is that the server that dosnt work is a real internetprovider witch has a really good server, it has a lot of RAM...

And, yes, I also thought it had to do with the SQL server thingi, but I thought that changing the class to have serilisation would fix that?

How would you otherwise fix that problem?

I think that that is the problem, they use a statemanager or SQL server and I uses normal (Whatever it was called)...

0
Stoffe81
8/3/2007 7:49:43 PM

HI, Stoffe81:

Many reasons will cause you session variables lost in your different environment.

Here some tips and guides for this situation:

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-won-t-my-session-variables-stick.html

If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information.

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex
8/6/2007 3:13:58 AM

HI, Stoffe81:

We are marking this issue as "Answered". If you have any new findings or concerns, please feel free to unmark the issue.
Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

works on one page does not work on another
i dont understand why this is not working i have spent 2 days and i ettign close to my deadline please help me if you can. im going to post cs file first then html- im working with VSudio.net and c# problem is i get an invalid cast type. i did th exact same thing on another page i dont understand why it isnt working now. namespace CM.Shop.mainarea { using System; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Drawing; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Collection...

Transfer lot of data from one project to another on the same server, Request.Form['' ''] not working
 Hi,I have two projects projA and projB. I need to transfer lot of data from projA to projB.Here is my code:projA: protected string DefineInvoiceList(ref string sErr)         {            int x = 0;                string sInvoiceList = "";                string sInv = "";            try        &nb...

Imagebutton works in one page, does not work in another. Why?
I have two pages, both of which display an imagebutton that, when clicked, displays the full-sized image. In one case this works perfectly, in the other it does not, even though the imagebutton shows the image and puts the same code into the HTML.  The code in both pages is identical except for trivial differences such as control names.Page GDB2.aspx: The image button is set with: -     ImbIndi.ImageUrl = document.DOCPathDebugging: the immediate window shows    ?Imbindi.imageurl    "~\UploadedDocs\robertb\7.bmp"The page display...

Session working in local machine but not working on Server
Hi  I have session variables in my application which are working fine in local and development server, but the same session variables are not working in another server?what is the reason ..... any please help me out...?   Is there anything to do with IIS....etc   Thanks in Advance.     Is the session lost on the server end, or the session can not get value, or sth else? Please give us more detail.Location: ShangHai, ChinaIM:zhao_zhang2004@hotmail.comBlog:http://zhangzhao1980.spaces.live.com/ I am having a dropdown box which is common to 5 web pages.  ...

HELP: One works; One does not work
http://www.am920woky.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes The top URL works fine when pasted into my Firefox 2.0.0.6. However, when I paste the 2nd one, it will not work. Any thoughts? I have WMP 11 installed. I have Windows XP Home. Not sure if any other information is needed in order for someone to possibly solve this problem. Thanks!!! On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:38:44 -0500, in message <8ZWdnVwA6_3YDy7bnZ2dnUVZ_vGinZ2d@mozilla.org>, Michael McKenney wrote: > http://w...

Session state not working when application state does in sharepoint portal server 2003
Hi,  I have an application which is embedded in SharePoint with the Page Viewer web part. I have a couple of Session state variables which i set during the applications lifetime. The problem is that when I use Session["something"] it get lost but if I use Application["something" it persist. Anyone have a guess to why I'm experiencing this with SharePoint. Btw I have no problems with the Session variables if I run it outside SharePoint. TIA Brother,i am also facing same issue,if u found any solution please post it hereRegardsVijay Hi Vijay, I have no...

load balanced servers and state management server side, what works well?
If you have multiple load balanced servers what is generally the favored way of storing state server side? 1. Allow sticky sessions so during a session the user always comes back to the same server, therefor you can use cookieless session state management. 2. Set a state server that connects to all the front end asp.net servers to allow cookieless session state management 3. Use a SQL server that connects to all front end asp.net servers to handle state management. Number 1 sounds like the easiest and fastest. Number 2 seems like it would still be fast but requires a lot mor...

Session State is not working on server
Session State is not working on server. I wrote and application in VS 2005 and I decided to use session variables since there will only be a few users. When testing by running through Visual Studio everything works great. When I move it to the server the session variables do not seem to hold their values.In the “Application Configuration” dialog box under the “Options” tab in IIS I have “Enable session state” checked. I am new at using session variables. Is there anything I am not doing? Thanks in advance,Dave You have to set up your state server in the web.confighttp://forums.asp.net/Ad...

Another wierd occurence. DNN modules fail on one machine and work on another.
I am working with a patner to add content to a couple of portals. I created a tab for just the 2 of us as admistrators for file storage, calendar, tasks, etc. Every module on the page fails for him on his PC and returns server errors but works great from my PC. We are working only a few miles apart. Examples: clicking on an image in the free simple image gallery does nothing. clicking on a download in the free downloads module returns a server error. creating an event and trying to enter multiple dates returns a server error. Every once in a while he can't even get to ...

Object Reference Not Set, bug in .Net? One server it works, one it doesn't?
1 If LCase(cmbPref.Items(cmbPref.SelectedIndex).Text) <> "none" And txtHidden.Text = "" Then 2 lblErorr.Text = "xyz" 3 Exit Sub 4 End If It's giving me an Object Reference Not Set error on line2?  The label exists, and is on the same page.  When I copy this to one of the servers in the farm it works, then on the other server it doesn't work?  Using .Net v1.1.4322. I'm going to reboot the server after hours but it's in production right now.  It's the craziest thing... just to double check..both the binary and the .aspx/ascx are copied over right?...

OnClick works on one server, not on another
This may be a service pack issue, but uncertain as administrators are on vacation, but I have an insert script thats insert button works on one server, but not on another. On the one that doesnt work, i will put data into the appropriate input boxes, click submit, but the button doesnt do anything, and the page doesnt change:Here is the subroutine, followed by the onclick tag for the button: Sub doInsert(Source as Object, E as EventArgs) Dim MySQL as string = "Insert into Articles (articleheader, articledate, articletext, sid) values (@articleheader, @articledate, @articletext,  @...

Netstorage works on one server but not another?
Same SP level 2 on two NW6 server with Netstorage installed on both. One works great with contextless login for various OU's but the other one only works for the first context listed. Yes, made sure contextless login is turned on. The problem one did not have it so enabled then re-booted server... still nothing. Any ideas? And they are going to the same ldapserver? -- Regards, Paul Minnaert Hogeschool Brabant Tilburg, The Netherlands "Bradley Bowness" <bowness@cnc.bc.ca> wrote in message news:0cpHa.1302$Qe2.508@prv-forum2.provo.novell.c...

Project that worked on XP now does not work on windows 2003 server
I havent edided anything on the project and now it doest not work. This is the error. No se admite la depuración en la configuración del nivel de seguridad actual. Descripción: Excepción no controlada al ejecutar la solicitud Web actual. Revise el seguimiento de la pila para obtener más información acerca del error y dónde se originó en el código. Detalles de la excepción: System.Web.HttpException: No se admite la depuración en la configuración del nivel de seguridad actual. Error de código fuente: Se ha g...

Web resources about - Session fails to work on one server but works on another... (same project) - asp.net.state-management

Joint session of the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joint sessions of the United States Congress are the gatherings together of both houses of the United States Congress (the House of Representatives ...

Wall St ends shortened session steady
US markets lack direction in abbreviated post-Thanksgiving trading session.

NRL: Canberra Raiders head to Stromlo for intense running session to counter rule change
The Canberra Raiders are adapting to the NRL's reduction in interchanges and ensuring their front-rowers are fitter to play extra minutes next ...

Perth pub, nightclub opening hours to extend - Sunday Sessions, WA
AS THE east coast of Australia cracks down on late-night drinking, Western Australia is heading in the opposite direction.

S&P 500 ends flat in holiday-shortened session
The S&P 500 closed little changed on Friday, a fourth straight day of declines, amid weakness in energy and Walt Disney.

GoPro Hero4 Session gets $100 price cut, Xiaomi Yi launches in US
When GoPro introduced the Session action camera in its Hero4 line, it made the mistake of offering the new model at the same price point as the ...

The North Pole is Back in Session
Santa doesn't spread cheer across the globe all by himself. As soon as the first frost is on the mistletoe, hundreds of helpful elves work day ...

Should We Fear Peak Human?: Master Post for Uncharted 2015 Brad DeLong-Peter Leyden Session
**Jennie Eliot**: Your Uncharted Interview Video: To Brad, Peter.... >All links in one place: >* [Full video with highlights](http://reinven ...

TWIABP filmed a live session video for "I Can Be Afraid of Anything," add 2nd NYC show to tour
photo: TWIABP at LPR in August (more by Mimi Hong) The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die is on tour now supporting this ...

Saturday Sessions: Jeff Lynne of "Jeff Lynne's ELO" plays "Turn to stone" - Videos - CBS News
Jeff Lynne is one of the most influential rock musicians and producers ever, and is now leading a 21st-century version of a hit-making powerhouse. ...