how to use state server to manage sessions

How does one use the state server?

Can anyone explain the process how the state server is used or give me some links to which I can refer to, which will explain the same?
Basically, we have a web farm environment and we need to persist data across the web farm, for which we intend to use the state server
0
illusionsonline

on the server where State Server will be running, on Services just start the "ASP.NET State Service" service. Then on web.config <sessionState> element in web apps change the mode attribute to "StateServer" and check that stateConnectionString attribute matches the machine you store the state to. These settings should ba applied to all machines using the common session storage, naturally.
More information:
view post 7504
An Article at Informit.com
The usage of the session itself does not vary, you use it as before. Just note that on out of process modes (StateServer SqlServer) Session_End event will not be fired.

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Using SQL Server for Session State Management
Hello, We are implementing session management in a custom database, provided by the following sessionState configuration in web.config: <sessionState mode="SQLServer" stateConnectionString=""    allowCustomSqlDatabase="true"    sqlConnectionString="Data Source=serverName;Database=databaseName;User Id=userName;Password=password"    cookieless="false" timeout="60" /> For reasons to complicated to go into, our company imposes standards on how/where database connection strings get stored. Is there an attribute or method by which I co...

Session management
Hi, We are planning to use state server for maintaining session in our application since we are going for web farm installation. Could anyone please clarify the following queries 1) Assume we are installing our application in server 1 and server 2. Should I run state service in both the servers. Or there is an option of running service in Server 1 and point server 1 and server 2 to the service running in server1? 2) Somewhere in the article I read to maintain session variables all the pages in the application should be in one directory only. Is that true? If it is true how do we mainta...

Session state management using web services.
 Hi all ,i am working of a hospital management system which we desided to develop using atlas frame work. we have created the application main to sections using atlas script call back architecture. we are using scripts to pack the user entered data to the web service and in that web service we are entering the data in to the database.all this happening with out a post back of the page.now comes the problem. we are not being able to handle the user session properties. we came to know that we cant access session variables in web services. we are in a trap now. how we can manage the sessio...

how to manage session state while using webrequest to login at another URL
plz show me how to do this: When you login at a site, it will store your information in Session or Cookie. So when I make a webrequest to get data from the login page, how can I store and manage the session? I don't exactly understand what you're trying to do. Please explain a little better and we'll try to help.Andrew J Durstewitz, MCSD.NET Senior Software Engineer - Internet Applications http://www.moreheadassociates.com http://adurstewitz.blogspot.com/ sorry, my English is not good enought. in ASP.Net, we can use webrequest and some object to query a URL and then display the...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

about session state management
i am new in this field and i want to know , how can i manage login state management in web application . what namespace and attribute and property should i use. please reffer me   Check these links.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/879kf95c.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178331.aspx http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/security/login.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." check out previous discussion http://forums.asp.net/p/1131994/1798030.aspx  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Bl...

Session State Management
Which is the better option? Storing Session In Process .. Same process as the Web Server Storing Session State in a Windows Service .... ASP.NET State Storing Session State in Database. I am debating the pro's and con's of the three, basically it is for providing the typical who is online and what portion of the site they are visiting at the moment. I am tempted to use the Windows Service and run in on a secondary box.    AngeloA Hi,I moved your post from the FAQ forum to here as the FAQ forum is for posting answers to commonly asked questions, not asking questions.Ryan...

Managing Session State
 Hi, Is there a way to set how long a session variable persists before it is destroyed?  I use forms based authentication on my site, but some events are based on particular session variables, and often times the session variable will be destroyed if the user leaves the session idle for a few minutes.  Can I configure my site so that session variables stick around until the forms authentication session is over?  Or, is it possible to set an event that triggers when the session state expires or when the session variables are destroyed that redirects to the login page?...

Out Of Process Session state management with just 1 web server, possible?
I recently encountered a situation where the applicaiton environment is having only 1 web server but my web.config is set to use out of process (SQL Server) session state. <sessionState mode="SQLServer" sqlConnectionString="data source=....../>  If i try to iuse this out of process session statement with just 1 web server, mhy session variable gets empty? Can someone confirm if it's not possible to use out of process session state management with just 1 web server?  raden You can try using StateServerPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the...

Session state managment
Can anyone refer me to a session state managment book and security practices if there is anything like that out their. Pelease check these sites. You may find them helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163730.aspx http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2964.html http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=249 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31842&seqNum=3 http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/42075.htmPlease Mark As Answer if it helps you!...

Using state management
I want to make an e-shopping site. SCENARIO: the client selects the item, adds in to cart/Basket. the the client browser got closed accidently, the client in the mean time had added six items to the basket.  now the client re opens the browser and the site and sees the basket. I want to save the client selected item for a particular of time.plz help in doing this. as this is done in this link: http://www.ebookmall.com Best regardz.':/ Be Smart ':/ K@MR@N ':/ Hi KamiIftikhar,Such kind of personalized infomation can be stored in Profile then be persisted.For more infomation ab...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Web resources about - how to use state server to manage sessions - asp.net.state-management

Barack Obama speech to joint session of Congress, February 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's first State of the Union Address was the 2010 State of the Union Address . The speech was delivered on the floor of the chamber of the ...

Australia v West Indies: New year nets session to decide Peter Siddle's fate
Peter Siddle and Josh Hazlewood's hopes of playing in the Sydney Test will be more apparent on Friday but Australia coach Darren Lehmann won't ...

Is this the world’s first full virtual-reality motion/voice capture session?
Actors combine mo-cap suit, HTC Vive to become characters, see virtual teleprompters. Forget latex suits and white ping-pong balls. Motion-capture ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) implied that prominent conservative ...

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy releasing compilation of Peel Sessions, shares new version of "Rich Wife Full of ...
by Andrew Sacher Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (aka Will Oldham) is releasing Pond Scum on January 22 via Drag City. It's a collection of Peel Sessions ...

Venkaiah Naidu attacks Chidambaram, hopes GST passes in Budget session
Naidu alleged that as per the 'script', the Congress was 'dodgy' on this important issue

Saturday Sessions: James Bay performs "Let It Go"
British singer-songwriter is breaking out in a big way

Orrin Evans Searches for 'The Evolution of Oneself,' Smoke Sessions Records (REVIEW)
It's a Philly thing, man. It's also a family thing. For his 26th album, pianist Orrin Evans has formed his dream trio.

Jeff Sessions Releases Book Of Charts Putting Immigration And Green Card Issuances Into Shocking Perspective ...
Jeff Sessions Releases Book Of Charts Putting Immigration And Green Card Issuances Into Shocking Perspective

‘Uncle Buck’ Grapples With Race During TCA Session
In the fall of 1990, CBS was about to debut a TV adaptation of the John Hughes’ John Candy starrer Uncle Buck , and TV critics attending TCA ...