Global Variables (C#'s Static or VB's Shared) global to just user or any user?

Global Variables (C#'s Static or VB's Shared) global to just user or any user?

If I had to guess, I'd say it would only persist on that post back and only for that user, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Darren

-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA

static and Shared with member variable declaration means that they are "shared" to all instances of the class (basically it means shared within the type since static members exist even if you don't have class instance). It's no way related to user, e.g it's as global as it can get, for each and every user.
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
2/14/2006 6:34:58 PM

yeah, I was also thinking that in an asp.net app, that everything was created and then destroyed on each post back except for the objects like cache and application object.

Thanks for answering. Smile [:)]

-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them...

login failed because user's IsApproved is false for user's account
Hi How can i detect if a user's login fails because their account is not approved yet (i.e IsApproved = false in Membership table) I am using a templated login control and if the user's login fails for this reason all that happens is that the FailureText control is displayed. How can i change the failure text if the user's account is not approved? thanks andrea Use Membership.GetUser Function this function Return a hydrated MembershipUser Object you can access its properties and check the validity see the link below http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/40w5063z.aspxRega...

how to change a user's mailbox but keep the user's GW id
We have a user whose email has a space between her first name and middle name, which cause the problem in sending out email or receive email from the outside the network. Can someone advise how and where I suppose to change her email name to a valid name like firstname.middlename.lastname@xxx.com from firstname middle.lastname@xxx.com? Thank you very much! On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:27:51 +0000, April wrote: Duplicate. -- Joe Marton Novell Support Forum SysOp Novell does not officially monitor these forums! Use the Internet override - in ConsoleOne, GroupWise Tab, Inte...

Notes Driver: veto when user's fullname is the same as existing user's fullname
In the Notes Driver, I want to put the policy to veto when the current user's fullname is the same as existing user fullname is Lotus Domino Directory and and in eDirectory. How can I do the query to findout whether the user's fullname is the same as the existing ones or not. Please help.. Thanks Pattarawan. -- pattarawan pattarawan, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following op...

Publishing the site's as shortcuts in the users' desktop's
Dear All,I have a web application. In that some client will be configured.In that the authorized person can publish a web page.When the page is published, the shortcut for that URL has to be set in the clients desktop.Can we achieve this functionality?Kindly help to get rid of this.Thanks a lot in advance.  Hi jayachitra  I have read the thread carefully; however, I am not sure I have understood the facing needs correctly. Based on my understanding, you would like to create a shortcut to user’s desktop, right?  If so, it is not recommended due to the security issue, the ...

If one creates a table including PortalID, ModuleID and UserID, and for some records, they are 'global', like 'all portals', 'all modules', or 'all users'...
Is there standard in DNN for a default number?  I know that UserID of -1 is nono, because this means (I think) Host user, correct?  And PortalID of 0 is default portal.  What is safe default number to use in those records?  I searched through source code for DNN, all are hardcoded numbers, no 'DEFAULT_ALLPORTALS As Integer = x' or like that.  Does anyone have suggestion on what I use?  Is only alternative for NULL (which make query more difficult)?  I purchased the? book on DotNetNuke, and hope that some of these infos I would find, but it is mild t...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Gmail 'forgot your password?' Feature Lets Remote Users Flood a User's Secondary E-mail Account
Gmail 'forgot your password?' Feature Lets Remote Users Flood a User's Secondary E-mail Account http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2005/Jan/1012749.html *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1012749 SecurityTracker URL: http://securitytracker.com/id?1012749 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH (Links to External Site) http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH Date: Jan 2 2005 Impact: Host/resource access via network Exploi...

Documentation
I think that we can all agree that Scott W. has developed an awesome application. However, in the few months that I've been watching the mailing list, I've noticed one recurring complaint that runs something like this, "I've followed the directions to a 't', but I still can't get my (multiple/single) blog to run. Help!" Then, usually an e-mail or two later, someone diagnoses the problem and you'll see the ecstatic cries of joy that a typical .Text user will utter when they see their new blog up and running. Most times, it's becuase the user skipped a step (easy to do), or did...

Compare a Group's objectSid to a user's primaryGroupId
Dunnry, this question is related to my quest that you solved yesterday about how to get a primary group for a user. The difference is this time I try to a a list of users that are member of a given group.When using the member property to get a list of members of a given Group (e.g. GroupA), it didn't list those users whose primaryGroup is GroupA. So I am thinking to use a filter like (primaryGroupID= GroupA's Objectsid) when search users.However, the GroupA's objestSid is byte[] type, and the primaryGroupID is int type. Though the method in yesterday's post "CreatePrimaryGroupSID" ...

Dynamically load the dll's on user's selection
Hi ,  I am in a need to load the dll's dynamically ,based on user's selection and get them added to the References of Solution Explorer in the application(VS 2008,c#) .How can I proceed with this requirement? Any pointers to this would be of great  help. Thanks in advance.   You can use System.Reflection.Assembly.Load().Hope it helps. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog Pratibha_Pillai:Hi ,  I am in a need to load the dll's dynamically ,based on user's selection and get them added to the References of Solution Explorer in the application(...

access user's local machine's info
Hi, Is that possible we can implement something in ASP.NET to access user's local machine's info, such as MAC# or Hard Drive #? Thanks. Chia Nope. Or, more specifically, I hope not. This would be a major, huge security breach. The best you could do is to embed an ActiveX or .NET component in the page, convince the user to install it, and get the info that way. This would only be reasonable in an intranet situation. But you'd have to install it independently of the ASP.NET page before you could use it. DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post ...

Web resources about - Global Variables (C#'s Static or VB's Shared) global to just user or any user? - asp.net.state-management

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...