about session state management

i am new in this field and i want to know ,

how can i manage login state management in web application .

what namespace and attribute and property should i use.

please reffer me

0
reliable_42

check out previous discussion

http://forums.asp.net/p/1131994/1798030.aspx

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam

Session state managment
Can anyone refer me to a session state managment book and security practices if there is anything like that out their. Pelease check these sites. You may find them helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163730.aspx http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2964.html http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=249 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31842&seqNum=3 http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/42075.htmPlease Mark As Answer if it helps you!...

Session State Management
Which is the better option? Storing Session In Process .. Same process as the Web Server Storing Session State in a Windows Service .... ASP.NET State Storing Session State in Database. I am debating the pro's and con's of the three, basically it is for providing the typical who is online and what portion of the site they are visiting at the moment. I am tempted to use the Windows Service and run in on a secondary box.    AngeloA Hi,I moved your post from the FAQ forum to here as the FAQ forum is for posting answers to commonly asked questions, not asking questions.Ryan...

Managing Session State
 Hi, Is there a way to set how long a session variable persists before it is destroyed?  I use forms based authentication on my site, but some events are based on particular session variables, and often times the session variable will be destroyed if the user leaves the session idle for a few minutes.  Can I configure my site so that session variables stick around until the forms authentication session is over?  Or, is it possible to set an event that triggers when the session state expires or when the session variables are destroyed that redirects to the login page?...

Easy explanation on Stateless management and State management
Hi,  Till now, me still confuse to understand Stateless management and State management. Can anybody explain to me in an easy understand with example? stateless - you cannot persist any values on frequent page request and response. state mgmt - you can retain values on subsequent calls. have a look at this http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1049585.html"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" hi, The World Wide Web, on the other hand, is intrinsically stateless because each request for a new Web page is processed without any kn...

State Management; .Net Profiler
Here is the situation with the customized profiler. I got a profiler class called SSOProfileProvider inheriting from ProfileProvider. I've implemented the Initilization, GetPropertyValues and SetPropertyValues. The Get... and Set.. are making a call to the database to store profile into the database. This class has been stored in the separate DLL called "Security.DLL" and there is a web site that is using this dll. The web.Config for this website is as follow:<profile enabled="true" inherits="AppProfileBase" defaultProvider="SSO" automat...

Session management
Hi, We are planning to use state server for maintaining session in our application since we are going for web farm installation. Could anyone please clarify the following queries 1) Assume we are installing our application in server 1 and server 2. Should I run state service in both the servers. Or there is an option of running service in Server 1 and point server 1 and server 2 to the service running in server1? 2) Somewhere in the article I read to maintain session variables all the pages in the application should be in one directory only. Is that true? If it is true how do we mainta...

Out Of Process Session state management
Hi,My web application is based on ASP.NET 2.0 with C#, SQL Server 2005. We are using InProc session state management. When the user logs in I am  storing some basic user information like userid, emailaddress, customerid, account no is the session variables. This information frequently required in several pages of the application. The application is hosted in a web farm.  I have often heard and read that applications hosted in web farm should use Out of process session state management. Would using State Service be a good option? Is it reliable? If I decide change to OutofProce...

session state management help
If im storing sessions as 'session.contents("mysession") = "this is the text in my session" And i want to change the length of time before it timesout, is this a custom session? how would i set the timeout in the web.config file?i dont know what providers to use, i want it to be about an hour, so timeout="60"can anyone help?thanks Hi Friend, Here is the option to set the session time out.. 1. In Web.config like..            <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="60" cookieless=...

Session State Management #2
I have used Forms Authentication in my web application. And settings for session in Web.cofig is as follows <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="10" /> I want to redirect to my "Login.aspx" after session gets expire. My session variables are intialized in Login.aspx. Actually I have gone thrugh all this site, but could not get satisfaction. Please help me out for the same. Thanks in advance Regards, Kiran Hi,try to add Server.Transfe...

Session state timeout management
Hello all !There is one solution that is eluding me when it comes to the built in session timeout functionality in ASP.NET. What I have currently:A SessionCheck class that checks if a user session is timed out (using IsSessionNew() in conjuction with checking if there is a session cookie present etc.). Works fine and my system that measures the time users are logged in, covers this situation as long as the users "log in" (TimeIn), and subsequently "log out" when they are done (TimeOut). What I am not able to cover so far, is when the user is timed out from x min's of ...

Manage Session State
 Hi,i am trying to solve out consistency of arrays at .NET ASP  by using Session object.To be more specific, i have an aspx file  with an ajax timer. Every time the timer refreshes the page,i want to store a value to my array. The value is not specific. How can this array be available at all pages?Is there any other way besides the use of Session object? Thank you in advance   Session object will be available in all pages and specific to each user.  Application object will be available to all pages, but will be specific to the application (meaning all use...

How is session states managed in detail?
When I run the example http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/apps/session1/VB/session1.aspx on http://asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx for session state with cookies switch of for my browser, I expected to se the session_id in the url when I press the button, but I never se anything why ?After changing the background color I open a new window with explorer and start the example again, and guess what, the new example has the color changed too. I thought that I was starting a new session, but obviously I was not. How could the server know that? may be a prox...

Cross-Domain Session State Management
Hello, we have a travel agent client with two websites, they are pretty much identical apart from the template (master pages) and a few copy edits here and there, they are however on seperate domains.The search functionality, login, register and rest of the code base is identical.TravelAgentWebsite1 is for worldwide holidays, and TravelAgentWebsite2 only UK holidays. Now, if a client was to perform a search on TravelAgentWebsite1, the search would bring back all worldwide holidays, including UK holidays. If the visitor was to click on one of the UK holidays in the listing, it would take them...

Session state management in IE 7
I have a web application where I store the session Id for user in database once the user logs in.  Inorder to prevent multiple logins by the same user I retrieve the session Id from database and check if new user session exists. if found I expire the user's previous session and redirect the user to login page. This was working fine as long as I was using IE 6. But when I tried it on IE 7 same user can sign in multiple time using the tabs of the IE browser as the session id is same for all tabs in a browser. Is there any way where I can have unique session Id for each tab and also ...

Web resources about - about session state management - asp.net.state-management

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Victorian bushfires: Wye River blaze management holds safety lessons for other towns
Victorians have just witnessed again the terrifying speed with which a beautiful environment can be transformed by bushfire.

Develop A Management Culture
To manage your law office best, make management part of your law office culture.

The future of data center infrastructure management
Recent research from Intel suggests that, despite the availability of automated solutions for data center infrastructure management (DCIM), many ...

5 courses that’ll boost your project management career for $39
Whether you're just starting out or are looking to change careers, there are certain certifications that hiring managers love to see on a resume ...

25 Must Read Articles On Brand Management
From start to finish 2015 was a generous year in terms of learning opportunities for marketers. The shaping forces of markets, consumer behavior, ...

Strategic Redeployment of Viadeo: Refocusing Activities, Strengthening of Management
Regulatory News: Viadeo (Paris:VIAD) (FR0010325241- VIAD, PEA-PME eligible), First Professional Social Network in France1, today confirmed its ...