"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa

Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already have increased history size ,session expiry limit etc. I tried using cookieless="Useuri",or "true","false" "autodetect" everything but of no use. I included
0
manoj

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available"
I get the "Page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, ....." error when I use Inherits System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage but i can use a page just find that just inherits UI.Page. I've tried setting cookieless=true...setting the historySize greater, and increasing the timeout, nothing works!.  I'm using a blackberry to access the page. Like I said, It's not an issue with a regular page...i can post back and retain info just fine.....but i want to take advantage of the mobile controls....What gives????...

Good news for those of you who get "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server." error..
Dear all,Due to the known problem of session variables getting lost if using InProc-server during frequent changes in development, I had to choose between SQL and ASP.NET State server, so I opted for the second. Initially, all fine, but after using it for a few days, I started to get this error: Server Error in '/cv2' Application.Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accep...

Session("userCount")=0 in Application_Start
Dear Experts I followed the video tutorial No.2 that demonstrates no of users accessing the website at a given moment. In the global.aspx on Application_Start i have intialized a session variable as follows Session("userCount")=0and am incrementing this in Session_Start event as follows Session("userCount") +=1 When i debug and run the application i get the following error Server Error in '/SessionTest' Applicaiton. Session state is not available in this context (in the Application_Start Event) When i hit the refresh button a couple of times it works. but open another window the cou...

"session state history size is too small"??
Hi I think my problem has been discussed before, but I haven't really found a good explanation for it, so here it goes: Sometimes when I cause a postback in my mobile application, I get en error message containing the following text: "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." It happens in my IE 6 just as often as it happens in Pocket IE (2002). The error messages appe...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Session State and Session Length Cookies
Hello Everyone, I'm currently developing an application that is running on a shared hosting server. In the future it will be on a dedicated server but that could be a ways away. I'm running into a problem where the server is resetting the Session State and clearing my session length cookies seemingly at random. Both work fine on my test machines but start having problems once I run the application on the shared server. Short of declaring a cookie and having it last for a set time (like one hour) and then constantly checking and re-establishing the session, is there a way I can force the Session State to remain from being cleared? Or is there a way I can stop the server from clearing the Session State and/or session length cookies? I know it's a somewhat vague question. I hope someone else has encountered this problem before and found a nice way around it. Thanks for the help! -DAGTA...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

The page requires session state that is no longer available..
When using MobileControls in .Net 2.0 it seems whenever a user's session times out and they do a post back they get the error: The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit.If I disable viewstate for the page this error won't happen but I get other errors when asp.net tries to re-bind the values of drop downs.To reproduce this issue create Default.aspx with <%@ Page Language=&q...

The page requires session state that is no longer available.
Hi i am new in developing a wap application by asp.net . i get the following error   The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   Any one help me , How to short this problem. shames web developerTechwave.com This is because you are using Session Variables in ur page. Session is by default 20 minutes... please go through the link below for more r...

The page requires session state that is no longer available
Since deploying my application to my live hosting site and trying the mobile application for the first time on a live mobile phone (Nokia 6310i) I keep getting the following error when moving from one form to another. . . The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit. I have looked through all the posts relating to this and most seem to be addressing this problem when it occurs in developme...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.   Our Session State Mode has been --------------------------------------------------------- <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>     Here is the Error we get randomly Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. P...

Usage scenarios for view state, session state, application state, cookies
Hi Guys, Im a college student in London with exams starting Monday on ASP.NET with C#.  Id be so grateful if you could provide me with solid real world scenarios/examples of when you would use the following to maintain state and why you would use them in that instance:   View State Session State Application State Cookies Also when would you use SOAP instead of the REST architecture and vice versa and why - again real world usage scenarios?  I note Amazon's web service uses the REST architecture - why is this, why dont they use SOAP. Id be grateful for a timely response guys, college exams are no fun and rapidly approaching me Many thanks John ViewState is typically used to store temporary state specific to an individual page in ASP.NET.  It is round-tripped to the server in a hidden form field. Session State is used to store state on the server for a specific user, and times out by default after 15 minutes of inactivity (but will stay on the server as long as the user keeps returning within the 15 minute window). Application State is used to store state across multiple users on the server, and can be accessed across multiple sessions.  It is typically used to cache data on the server. Cookies are data values stored on the client and round-tripped to the server.  They can optionally be persisted so that if a browser is closed and re-opened, they still get sent to the client.  There is a limit, though, as to how much cookie ...

Visual Studio 2005
 Hi, I have recently been given a PC with Vista on it, and installed Visual Studio 2005 pro. I then moved a ASP.net web project from an XP machine to the Vista one. When I run the project from inside Visual Studio (debug mode) everything works fine on the front end of the website, but if I try and log in I get the following error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that i...

Session-to-session
I must be missing something. I can not get the tabs to come back as they were when a session is ended. On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time" On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected. When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single blank tab. -- The Frosted Flake +------------------------ SPAM is for eating ------------------------+ Frosted_Flake wrote: > I must be missing something. I can not get the tabs to come...

How to extract session data from MSSQL using "Sql Server" session state mode
I have confronted with some difficulties: I have a task to extract logged user session data from database to collect statistic information from SPPS 2003 (Sharepoint Portal Server) for analyzing purposes.Information I need looks ordinary enough: username, datetimes of user log in and log out, etc..After digging hundreds of articles and docs, I had found out that session object is serialized into database record. It is ok, but I found no decription about where this data can be stored or how can I have access to it.What can I do with it or what should I read for achieving my object? Thanx...

Session variables vs. Session States
What is the difference and in what situations are they used. Thanks, Mattypee A session state (the state of your session) holds your session variables. If your session state expires (due to inactivity) then you lose your session variables...and any other info stored for that session. If you need to store USER specific information within a web app, then session variables are one(of several) ways to do it. MajorCatsMajorCats Is there any code that you could show that would give an example? Thanks, Mattypee example of what? reading and writing session variables? ...

Session State For All Active Sessions: Who is logged on?
 I want to check and see who is logged on.  What are some ways I can access every single session state? I.E. ActiveSession 1: Session["ScreenName"] = Joe; ActiveSession 2: Session["ScreenName"] = Jane; ActiveSession 3: Session["ScreenName"] = John; ActiveSession 4: Session["ScreenName"] = James; ------------- Need to be able to do something like (doesn't have to be exactly like this):string AllSessions = RetrieveAllSessionsFromServer("ScreenName"); AllSessions = [Joe, Jane, John, James];  Thanks! ...

Session State and View State
Hi Everyone, Can anybody tellme how are these used in context with ASP.NeT whats their sole purpose?.....and where in programming we use  them? Any links or sources would be good which explains in simple terms.   thanks Simi  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan Here is one of the discussion http://forums.asp.net/t/1145838.aspxMPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)  Hi There is a video tutorial a...

Web resources about - "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa - asp.net.state-management