Use Reporting Services 2005 with SQL Server 2000

Hello,

I have a fully licensed version of SQL Server 2000 and VS 2003.  Can I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005 and use 2000 as my database?  If so how do I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005?

Thanks.

0
ammarie

I have tried to do this multiple times and I could be missing something - but I have had no success to date!

One interesting thing I have noticed is that when I elect to open a reporting services report within Visual Studio I am asked if I want to CONVERT to Business Intelligence 2005 and if I

Say Yes -

I cannot use the report services report within reporting services 2000

Say No

The application does not get converted and I cannot do anything with the reporting services report

This seems to be apparent in the June CTP release of SQL 2005

Best Regards

_ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ดีแนฟืกะฟะรหระ
0
josun
12/8/2005 2:15:48 PM

You'd have to install a version of SQL 2005 to have Reporting Services 2005.

Another option is to use client side report definitions in VS2005 to report against the data in SQL 2000: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252067.aspx

Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
0
bitmask

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

report services 2005 and sql server 2000
I was wondering if report services 2005 would work with sql server 2000? No, they will not. The reporting services version must match the SQL version.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Reporting Services 2005 on SQL Server 2000
Hi, I'm quite new to the Reporting Services 2005 and think I've made a slight(!) mistake. When I was on a training course to learn ASP2, I was told that I could create the Reports in SSRS2005 tool for VS2005 and that would work perfectly well with my copy of SQL Server 2000 - As VS2005 came with a 'runtime' so it could read the data off any objectdatasource. Do I need SQL Server 2005 installed to run reports created in SSRS2005? We only have SQL Server 2000 and have no plans at present to upgrade. If anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful, I guess I could always reinst...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Use VWD with SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services??
When Reporting Services for SQL Server 2000 was released, it was stated that VS.Net or VB.Net had to be used as the front end for the report designer.Can VWD 2005 Express now be used as a front end for Reporting Services for SQL Server 2000, or must one use VB 2005 Express be used, or must one install a copy of VS.Net or VB.Net??This would be against a production SQL Server 2000 box, so only the Reporting Services would be installed on that server, the designer tool would be installed on a workstation.Thank you, Tom Just to expand on your question Tom, can VS 2005 pro be used to create rep...

Is Microsoft free* elearning for Sql Server 2005 useful for learning SQL Server 2000?
I'm working towards MCAD and as elective I want to do the SQL Server course. The exam is on SQL Server 2000.  I was just wondering whether the online course that Microsoft currently have a available for free at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/sqlserver2005/default.aspx would be useful and applicable to SQL Server 2000, or whether it is sufficiently different product to make it confusing to use this as a learning resource. Also if anyone can point me toward any webcasts for SQL Server that would be great. I listened to Fritz Onion's 15 part series when I studied  for my ASP...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

Web resources about - Use Reporting Services 2005 with SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanksgiving takes off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting surge in sales
... of Halloween in recent years, get ready to complain some more. Thanksgiving seems to have taken off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting ...

Bill Hemmer Discusses Ground Reporting in Paris, the French’s Willingness to Strike Back
Fox News Channel’s Bill Hemmer reported live from Paris, with around the clock reports on a variety of shows including Fox & Friends, The Five ...

WaPo Columnist Goes After Breitbart over Missouri Reporting
... Milloy took to his regular column in the Metro Section of the Washington Post this morning to attack two Breitbart contributors for their reporting ...

TMZ is reporting that Charlie Sheen once had HIV — but now it's basically gone
TMZ has reported that Charlie Sheen once had HIV, but that it is no longer detectable. The site's sources said that the actor contracted the ...

Commerce City Officer Arrested In Shooting, False Reporting Case
Police in Commerce City have arrested a police officer for false reporting in connection with a shooting the occurred on Sunday.

'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ...
CNN International 'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ... CNN International Editor's note: Kurt ...

Reporting from Foxboro: Respecting Osweiler’s arm
... RSN login or register Login Search form Search 56° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Reporting ...

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

The New York Times Has Biased Labor Reporting
... of the New York Times, a digital subscriber, and have been reading it since I was a teenager. But they have a bias when it comes to labor reporting ...