SQL Server 2000 Field Expression Error

Hello,

I have a field on my SRS report that I prompt the user for a numeric value.
I need to have the text name of the region appear on the report.

How do I group this IIF statement to get it to work

IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=1, "West",    "")
IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=2, "Central", "")
IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=3, "East",     "")
IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=4, "Atlantic", "")

Kathy M
0
kathyc2003

You need to nest the IIf stmts:

IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=1, "West", IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=2, "Central", IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=3, "East", "Atlantic")))

- Corwin
(My Blog - www.ballhead.com/corwin)
0
Corwin

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

SQL Server Express & SQL Server 2000
I'm currently developing my website using SQL Server Express which comes by default with the Visual Web Developer. My hosting is using SQL Server 2000. Is the database I created using sql server express compatible with sql server 2000? Other databases hy hosting supported includes MySQL, Access, SQL Server 2000. Among these three, which one I best use on my site? My site doesnt involved much database activity. Thank you  Shuf wrote: Is the database I created using sql server express compatible with sql server 2000?Not so that you could just take SQL2005 database file and ...

Migration from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2000?
Note from moderator XIII: originally posted in Club starter kit but was found to be more appropriate in this forum: Hello,What are the steps I have to follow to migrate the SQL Express Edition to the SQL 2000 Edition for my Club Starter Kit?Any URL or hint or trick or tips?Thanks,MudassirMudassir AzeemiSan Francisco, CAWeb: http://www.BonGeek.comBlog: http://blog.BonGeek.com...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

SQL Server 2005 tools with SQL Server 2000 error
Has anyone run into this error below yet?  I had a SQL Server 200 Database and then I installed the new SQL Server 2005 tools to use for development and now when I load the database over to my production server that has SQL Server 2000  I get this error... (I never got this error before I installed the tools but I know other people that use the tools with SQL Server 2000 and have no problems at all) Server Error in '/ParkingViolations' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this fai...

SQL Server 2008 Express with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Good Day,Please  englighten my mind, i have a plan,in my development PC, i have Windows XP and this Visual Studio 2008 and with SQL Server 2008 Express, in my  Deployment Server i have Windows Server 2003 with this SQL Server 2000 Enterprise. so my question is, what are the PROs and CONs in this kind of setup??? between SQL Servers????also please suggest anythings that will help me in this setup.  please help me, thanks JFRBPH12™ Is there any way you can upgrade your SQL Server version on the Deployment Server? Otherwise you would have to set compatibility mode to 80 in...

SQL server express code on MSDE/SQL server 2000
hi - I am developing locally using .Net 2.0/Access but just recently started trying out SQL Server Express. I have deployed my application to a host who provides 2.0 but as would be expected only MSDE/SQL server 2000. Now if I'd switch completely to SSE, would my SQL queries (which are pretty simple) work on MSDE or SQL server 2000? The only thing I see as more sophisticated sql queries would be the built-in 2.0 Roles/Membership functions... Do you think they would run smoothly on MSDE/SQL 2000?Finally... since the database is already done locally, is there any way (a stored procedure for ex...

migration from sql server express 2005 to sql server 2000 enterprise
hi, i need some help here,i made a simple data driven website in my development PC, at first, i used MS Access for my data base then i migrate it to sql server express 2005, and it works fine when i try to run it in my development PC with my IIS. but of course i will be deploying it to a real server, in our office were i will deploy my data driven site, we have a PC server Win Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (im not pretty sure by the name but i know its not a free version, its something like a 2000 sql version with a word enterprise at the end).so my question is, i am developing...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 Field Expression Error - asp.net.ssrs

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Fighting abuse to protect freedom of expression
We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter. Today, as ...

Campus no longer safe place for freedom of expression says free speech advocate
A group representing free speech in Canada says universities are no longer safe places for free expression, instead shying away from being forums ...

Apple acquires ‘Emotient’ facial expression & emotion detection technology
The Wall Street Journal reports Apple has confirmed it has made an acquisition of artificial intelligence startup Emotient . The cloud-based ...

Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’
Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’

Disney's FaceDirector changes facial expressions in movies
The new tool out of Disney Research's labs could turn an ingénue's semi-decent attempt into a finely nuanced performance. This software ...

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!
Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Apple Acquires AI Firm Emotient, Their Tech Can Read Emotion In Facial Expressions
Apple Inc. seems to recognize the fact that studying facial expressions is a very big topic of interest for many technology companies. Which ...