Reporting Services On Web Server not on SQL Server

I have my web server and sql server seperated. Is it possible to have the virtual directories that get created point to the web server and not on the sql server? Also, if I have domain abc.com, def.com, ghi.com can they all go to the reporting services with their domains?

Thanks in advance!

Graphfixz Data & Web Design
http://www.graphfixz.com
0
Graphfixz

anybody?

Graphfixz Data & Web Design
http://www.graphfixz.com
0
Graphfixz
5/21/2007 9:14:29 PM

Yes you can run reporting services on the webserver separated from the database server.  Think of the Reporting Services as an ASP.NET application.

Fuji Nguyen
DotNetNuke Modules Issue Tracker, Timesheet, MSSQL Reporting Services, Visitor Counter
0
mcsenow

Any sample code calling Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Web-service?
I've never used Web-service calls using Delphi and wondered if ANYONE has any sample code out there that shows how to interface with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Web-service? I did a WSDL import of the local service on our servers here into my Delphi app, but now I'm stumped as to how i interface with the service. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? > {quote:title=James Grace wrote:}{quote} > I've never used Web-service calls using Delphi and wondered if ANYONE has any sample code out there that shows how to interface with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

SQL Server with reporting services on one box and Web server on another box
How do i set this up so I can run reports in the webserver? SQL 2005 ?   TIADylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com You can build web app using report viewer control that can be ran on web server Here are few examples http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa179197(SQL.80).aspx  Farooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCPPlease Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.http://www.Fairnet.com Hi Dylan, Its very easy to integrate reports into your web application and you can easily access the reports published on a differ...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server?
 In my application scenario, there is a single web server hosting my ASP.Net application. If I buy a 'single device CAL'  for SQL Server database, will that be ok in this situation since only one device (i.e. the machine hosting the IIS web server) is going to access the SQL Server database?sun21170 No, that won't be enough.http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlserverlicensing.mspx  -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

PB 10.5 and SQL 2005 Server Reporting Services Web Services ...
Has anyone implemented SQL 2005 Reporting Service Web Service using PB 10.5? I getting the error message (from SoapException) 'Cannot invoke the Web Service' for certain ReportExecution Service functions. In fact, every SOAP call gives the message Access Denied when debugging through TCP Trace. Also, the function 'ListRenderingExtension' returns the values properly but gives 'Access Denied' message in the trace (for almost all functions in Reporting Services) . But, the function call 'LoadReport' fails with an exception error 'Cannot ...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

Help in SQL server reporting service / WEB
hi all,      I am going to implement SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICE, and i am  new in this technology, so please help me from the scratch. i am using SQL server 2005 so how to set up and how to start with web application     thanks in advance Thanks & Best Regards,From,Atul Please click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170246(SQL.90).aspx Some videos to get you started. http://www.learnreportingservices.com/FreeVideos/default.aspx*** If this post helps you, then Mark this post as Answ...

Web resources about - Reporting Services On Web Server not on SQL Server - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Reporting Mischaracterizes Clayton Homes’ Treatment of Customers and Employees
Clayton Homes offers homes and financing to all Americans regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or background.

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks
Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...