Reporting Services 2005 on SQL Server 2000

Hi,

I'm quite new to the Reporting Services 2005 and think I've made a slight(!) mistake. When I was on a training course to learn ASP2, I was told that I could create the Reports in SSRS2005 tool for VS2005 and that would work perfectly well with my copy of SQL Server 2000 - As VS2005 came with a 'runtime' so it could read the data off any objectdatasource.

Do I need SQL Server 2005 installed to run reports created in SSRS2005? We only have SQL Server 2000 and have no plans at present to upgrade.

If anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful, I guess I could always reinstall VS2003 and then recreate the reports in the Reporting Services for SQL Server 2000 and then link the two together.

Thanks,

Barnaby

0
barnnabyb

You can not publish SSRS 2005 reports to a SQL Server 2000 server as the RDL schema is changed in SSRS 2005 from SSRS 2000.

Directly from MSDN -

You cannot publish a report that has the SQL Server 2005 report definition namespace to a SQL Server 2000 report server.

Now to change the reports to SSRS 2000 chack this post(doin reverse might help, not sure) -

http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2007_4_0_0_964434/Converting-2000-rdl-files-to-2005.htm

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum member gets credit for being helpful (and makes search more relevant too).
0
akjoshi

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

report services 2005 and sql server 2000
I was wondering if report services 2005 would work with sql server 2000? No, they will not. The reporting services version must match the SQL version.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Use Reporting Services 2005 with SQL Server 2000
Hello, I have a fully licensed version of SQL Server 2000 and VS 2003.  Can I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005 and use 2000 as my database?  If so how do I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005? Thanks.   I have tried to do this multiple times and I could be missing something - but I have had no success to date! One interesting thing I have noticed is that when I elect to open a reporting services report within Visual Studio I am asked if I want to CONVERT to Business Intelligence 2005 and if I Say Yes - I cannot use the report services report within re...

Is VS 2005 compatible with SQL Server 2000 reporting service?
We are planning to upgrade from VS 2003 to VS 2005 when it's released. We are currently running SQL 2000 and we don't have any plans to upgrade that.   Can I use VS 2005 to design reports that will work with SQL Server 2000 reporting service or will I be forced to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 licence? Yes, we are doing that very thing.  Think about how RS is called.  url requests don't care.  We had a problem with SOAP requests but I think that was authntication related and may not be a VS 2005 issue. Nick NickPupNOSPAMnickpup@hotmail.com...

VS 2005 and SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Compatibility
Hi All: I apologize if this question has already been addressed, but I have been unable to find the answer in the current posts.My company runs SQL Server 2000 Enterprise, and I want to implement SS Reporting Services.  However, the company does not currently own .net 2003.Does anyone know if VS 2005 is compatible with SS Reporting Services 2000? Thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to lend.  Check out this blog post:http://blogs.msdn.com/lukaszp/archive/2006/05/23/605459.aspx It looks like NO, but you can get an old copy of VS2003 for a nominal fee...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

Visual Studio 2005 Reporting Service Wizard with Sql server 2000?
Could some one tell me if I can use visual studio 2005 business integlligence projects to run reporting services that uses a sql server 2000 database instead of a sql server 2005 database? By just having Visual Studio 2005 installed, would that be enough to create a report for production while connecting to a sql server 2000 database? Or will I run into problem because I am NOT using sql server 2005? I know at one time you had to install reporting services separate. Thanks, xyz789    Yes you can use SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio 2005 for Reporting ...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

Web resources about - Reporting Services 2005 on SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spotlight review: Restrained, realistic view of investigative reporting provokes cold fury
Director Tom McCarthy's take on newspaper investigation into child sex abuse by Catholic Church a worthy Oscar contender.

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Florida, Illinois latest in reporting Zika virus cases - Videos - CBS News
U.S. health officials are reporting new cases of a mosquito-borne virus linked to birth defects. Florida reported three confirmed cases of the ...

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Apple investigating iPhone 6s models not correctly reporting battery life
If you have an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that’s not properly showing how much battery you have left, there’s good news and bad news. Bad news ...

ObamaCare Reporting Deadline Pushed Back For Employers
The agencies say most taxpayers won't be affected by the extension

How the Kochs tried to destroy a journalist reporting on their political machine
... For her efforts she became a target of smear campaign. She writes about it in her book, as David Corn reports for Mother Jones. While reporting ...

Coaches, A.D. At Tennessee HS Charged For Not Reporting Sexual Assault In Hazing Incident
Criminal charges have been brought against the basketball coach, assistant coach, and athletic director at the Tennessee high school where three ...

California fines Uber $7.6 million for not reporting driver data
Uber was hit with a $7.6 million fine on Thursday after the California Public Utilities Commission found that the company failed to provide proper ...