Reporting Services 2000, VS2005 and SQL Server 2000

I am running MS SQL 2000 and VS .Net 2005.

Is it possible to run Microsoft Reporting Services 2000 with VS2005 or am I required to upgrade the SQL server and reporting services to 2005 just to produce a few WEB reports ?   This would be too costly both in money and time.

I have just finished developing a solution using the version of Crystal Reports which is built into VS 2005.  However I now believe that I require costly licenses to deploy the solution on the live WEB server.  Can anyone confirm this assumption (in simple terms).

There really does to be a lack of a descent, reasonable cost, solution for generating WEB reports against an MS SQL 2000 database whilst using the VS 2005 development environment.  Maybe I am wrong ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

George

0
gdb_code

Please help ...

In simple terms,  I have VS2005 and am limited to MSSQL 2000 and want to generate some WEB reports.  Can I use Reporting Services 2000 services to do this ?

Upgrading to SQL 2005 is NOT an option and I have a large WEB project built using VS2005 (VB).

This now all seems to be so difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

George

0
gdb_code

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

how to check the Sql Server 2000, Reporting Server 2000 in my setup
hi experts i am creating the setup file while installing the setup my setup has to  check 1) Ajax tool kit 2) SQL Server 2000 3)Reporing Server 2000 4)Infragistic DLLs are in GAC or not and 5)myown DLL has to register automatically  if u found any solution for above please replay me as soon as possible Advance Thanks To U.    Shiv Launch conditions would be what you need to use. Probably File condition and Registry condition to check for the particulars. You will need to determine exactly what registry keys you will need to look for. Good Luck! http://s...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures. My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data. I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS. Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within th...

SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 is released
Hi all, MS SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 is released. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=502c0d89-1308-4662-8f58-cec55ef1235b&DisplayLang=en   Eralper http://www.kodyaz.com    http://www.eralper.comhttp://www.kodyaz.com...

DNN module to display report from SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
I have done a fast prototype of a dnn module to display reports from MS SQL Reporting Services. I am new to DNN and I would like to get helps to make following enhancements: 1. Take the hardcode part out of the program and move it to module setting options. 2. Overcome the NT security popup windows 3. Package the project for deployment. The resources that helped me to prototype the module can be found here http://devx.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 The URL of working example is http://fuji.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=40. The URL has samples reports that co...

SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard
I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...? Thank you for any help,Thank youJackxxx Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up. I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard. TerriT...

Sql Server 2000 Reporting Services
I am currently working with creating reports with Sql Server 2000 Reporting Services. Does anyone have any ideas on how to include the reports within DNN 2.0.4? Thanks Check out this post 459058, it should fit your bill.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us See SQL Reporting services books online for URL access. You can do a lot with just a Links module or Iframe. Not sure you need to bother with a "SQL reports" module. So Far I really haven't been impressed by any. But it is VERY early in the SQL reports lifecycle. Only one book by Wriley's WROX is available on SQL RPTS and y...

SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi there, I have installed SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services with the default names for the virtual directories , (ReportServer and Reports). Is there any way i can change the name of these directories by running a script or some thing. Also is there a way to use the Cascaded Style Sheet used in my ASP.NET application for the reports. Thanks Hello, This link should be a good start: http://www.sqljunkies.com/PrintContent.aspx?type=howto&id=525B575A-7F61-483A-AC8F-FEC700C34674 I can't help about the second question. Tootoo.(OO) Hey I installed Reporting Serv...

SQL server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, Software : Sql server 2000, MS VS.net 2003 I know I can build reports via MS Visual studio.net  2003 for reporting services. Q: Can I also do the same thing in WebMatrix ? Q: Can I build reports using reporting services, with somethng else than VS.net 2003 ?icm63...

Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000
How to perform Bulk Copy of a table from a Remote SQL Server 2000 to Local SQL Server 2000?I need to do this programmatically. This will be performed on regular basis. I can't use DTS Import/Export Wizard. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.Thanks in advance. With Regards,Prodipta Mondal.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.  Connect to the remote SQL Server. Load a DataTable or DataReader Connect to the local Server Call the SQLBulkCopy,WriteTo...

SQL SERVER 2000: In which format the datetime will be stored in sql server 2000?
Hi All, I would like to know, how the datetime will be stored in the sqlserver datetime column. Because some time i am giving the date in dd/mm/yyyy and sometime mm/dd/yyyy. while give the date in mm/dd/yyyy works fine but not in the another case. and also while i execute a query on query analyser it shows the datetime in yyyy/mm/dd format. So anyone can please tell me how the dates will be stored in the datetime column of sqlserver database? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Dhanasekaran. G Storing of datetime depends upon the globalization setting. Normally the date time is stor...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

Web resources about - Reporting Services 2000, VS2005 and SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill Hemmer Discusses Ground Reporting in Paris, the French’s Willingness to Strike Back
Fox News Channel’s Bill Hemmer reported live from Paris, with around the clock reports on a variety of shows including Fox & Friends, The Five ...

Some Nexus 6P Owners Reporting Spontaneous Rear Glass Cracking
Huawei and Google’s Nexus 6P is the latest Nexus devices to come off the production line and the major flagship device for this year. Google ...

WaPo Columnist Goes After Breitbart over Missouri Reporting
... Milloy took to his regular column in the Metro Section of the Washington Post this morning to attack two Breitbart contributors for their reporting ...

TMZ is reporting that Charlie Sheen once had HIV — but now it's basically gone
TMZ has reported that Charlie Sheen once had HIV, but that it is no longer detectable. The site's sources said that the actor contracted the ...

Commerce City Officer Arrested In Shooting, False Reporting Case
Police in Commerce City have arrested a police officer for false reporting in connection with a shooting the occurred on Sunday.

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

What Is New In Sustainability Reporting? What Do Supply Chain Professionals Need To Know About It?
These kinds of reports help supply chain and operations professionals understand what may be required of them in the not so distant future. So ...

FOX NEWS REPORTING 'Destiny and Power — The Private Diaries of George Herbert Walker Bush,' tonight at ...
FOX NEWS REPORTING 'Destiny and Power — The Private Diaries of George Herbert Walker Bush,' tonight at 10 p.m.

Don Lemon Defends His Unorthodox Reporting Style
... do think my career has been helped, because part of my job is to get people to have discussions." Lemon specifically addressed his MH370 reporting, ...