Report Specific Data Source in sql Server reporting Services

Hi everyone.

I have problem in sql server reporting services.

I have created a sql server report in viisual studio 2003 using the report specific data source, not shared data source. I also set the credentials when i define the data source for the report.

When i test it in report manager, it runs nice and displays the required results. Now when i called this report in web application using the following URL:

 <script>varpreview=window.open('http://phx-ps01/ReportServer?%2fISTEPS%2ftest&rs%3aClearSession=true&rc:Parameters=False');preview.focus();</script>

It gives a report service error which is as follows:

"One or more datasource credentials required to run the report have not been specified. (rsCredentialsNotSpecified) "

This error shows that the credentials for the connection string is not set, but i set it when i define the data source for the report.

If any one can help, then please help as i am need of it urgently.

Thanks in advance.

Rizwan

-1
rizwanuet

Try to create a shared connection and use that in your reports. while creating a connection, save credentials information too, otherwise it will ask on next new requests.

Zafar Iqbal
VP Technology
Hansvits

** Please mark as ANSWER if my reply helped you
-1
ziqbalbh

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

using Report specific data source in sql server report Problem
Hi I have problem in SQL Server reporting server. I have developed a sql server report, i used report specific data source instead of shared data source. when i test it in designer, it gives me coorect results, but when i call this report from asp.net application then it gives the following error. "One or more datasource credentials required to run the report have not been specified. (rsCredentialsNotSpecified)" I fixed the credentials in data source when i created for the report. If any body can help me, welcome Regards. Thanks in advance. Rizwan...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Programmatically changing shared data sources when running SQL Reporting Service 2005 Reports
Can someone please help me or point me to the right sources on how I can possibly programmatically change the shared data source that was assigned to an RDL when a user runs it from my asp page? I have to create several reports and would like to have the option to let users choose the sql server to connect to and possibly different login credentials. What should I do? Please help. Hope these articles can help you - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252085(VS.80).aspx http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Binding-Data-to-the-ReportViewer-Control-Dynamically-in-ASPNET-20/When ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

Any sample code calling Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Web-service?
I've never used Web-service calls using Delphi and wondered if ANYONE has any sample code out there that shows how to interface with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Web-service? I did a WSDL import of the local service on our servers here into my Delphi app, but now I'm stumped as to how i interface with the service. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? > {quote:title=James Grace wrote:}{quote} > I've never used Web-service calls using Delphi and wondered if ANYONE has any sample code out there that shows how to interface with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services ...

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.
I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u http://www.crystalr...

drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures. My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data. I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS. Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within th...

Web resources about - Report Specific Data Source in sql Server reporting Services - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanksgiving takes off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting surge in sales
... of Halloween in recent years, get ready to complain some more. Thanksgiving seems to have taken off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting ...

Bill Hemmer Discusses Ground Reporting in Paris, the French’s Willingness to Strike Back
Fox News Channel’s Bill Hemmer reported live from Paris, with around the clock reports on a variety of shows including Fox & Friends, The Five ...

Evercore Boosts Google Target To $915 Ahead Of New Segment Reporting
With Google parent Alphabet ( GOOGL ) set to begin its new segment reporting with its next quarter, Evercore ISI’s Ken Sena and his team take ...

TMZ is reporting that Charlie Sheen once had HIV — but now it's basically gone
TMZ has reported that Charlie Sheen once had HIV, but that it is no longer detectable. The site's sources said that the actor contracted the ...

Commerce City Officer Arrested In Shooting, False Reporting Case
Police in Commerce City have arrested a police officer for false reporting in connection with a shooting the occurred on Sunday.

'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ...
CNN International 'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ... CNN International Editor's note: Kurt ...

Subprime Credit Reporting Company To Pay $8M For Illegally Obtaining Consumers’ Credit Info
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, companies – and lenders – are allowed to access credit reports only for “permissible purposes,” like determining ...

Reporting from Foxboro: Respecting Osweiler’s arm
... RSN login or register Login Search form Search 56° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Reporting ...

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...