Report Security

I'm using SQL Reporting Serices 2005.  I want to set the security of the report where everybody can view the report.  I do not want to set each individual id. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,

Brian Pembroke

0
u7c76

The easiest way is to create a Network group.  Add anyone that should have access to that group.  Then grant access to the report to that group.

- Corwin
(My Blog - www.ballhead.com/corwin)
0
Corwin

Call SSRS 2005 Report from VB.NET and save report to directory after ran
I'm not sure quite where to post this but: How can I call an SSRS 2005 Report from my VB.NET application and have the report saved to a specific folder. I need to create a summary report every time my VB.NET code runs. I just don't know how to achieve this in VB.NET and SSRS 2005. Example: 1) My VB.NET console application runs 2) the console app splits out a txt file and inserts its rows into several DB tables 3) I want to somehow call a report I create in SSRS , let's call it "Summary Report" and have it run based on the results of this run into a PDF or something into the directory I ...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000
Hello, Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000 or is it not possible due to the SSRS2005 RDL schema being different to the SSRS 2000 one. If it is technically possible, does this require a SQL 2005 licence due to the use of the Report Builder Client App ?  Thanks Chris_____________Christian Hi,  From your description, it seems that you report is developed in SSRS 2005, right?  Since in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 there are a whole host of new features. This means that reports that are developed in Visual ...

How to add textboxes dynamically to SSRS Report through .Net
I want to add Textboxs to SSRS Report using through coding dynamically and one more doubt can we create Report Header, Body, Footer through .Net. Thanks in advance, There are two samples on http://gotreportviewer.com/ for Table and Matrix report. See right side bar "Generate RDLC dynamically - Table" and "Generate RDLC dynamically - Matrix" samples. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Thanks alot .....Thats a very good application it helps me in solving my problem some extent... and&nbs...

NDS General Object Reports, Security Reports, Users and Groups Reports
--____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, What snapins do I need in ConsoleOne and where do I get them to = view/use the following objects: NDS General Object Reports NDS User Security Reports NDS Users and Groups Reports Thanks. --____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____" --____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HE...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

SSRS reports vs Visual Studio reports
Reports created in SSRS that have an .rdl extension.Visual Studio 2005s toolbox creates the same reports but has a .rdlc ext. using a ReportViewerControl. Can one be used in the other? I like the wizard, and the data, layout and preview tabs in SSRS. They are not there in Visual Studio.     there are big differance betwen RDL and RDLC reports The C stands for Client-side processing. RDL stands for Report Definition Language RDL files are created by the SQL Server 2005 version of Report Designer. RDLC files are created by the Visual Studio 2005 version of Report De...

How to wire up reporting services reports to a C# .NET application
I have created some reporting services reports using SQL server 2005. Now I need to know how to wire up the reports into my Visual Studio project. I am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. Is there anything special I need to do? Also I don't know how to invoke the report from my C# code. Can someone give me some tips? So in summary I have two questions. 1.) How to setup my reporting services project inside of my asp.net C#/Visual Studio project. 2.) How to invoke my .rdl report from my asp.net/C# code.    This article might help http://www.codep...

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

SSRS 2005 reports and local reports ran on same website!
I have been building reports for a couple of years for various web sites, and have always used the report builder and viewer that is part of VS 2005/2008.  The latest web site that I am doing as a survey as one part of it.  Several reports that are required for this survey needs like 7 queries, and I could not find any way with the report builder and viewer to build this report. So I spent several weeks reading and studing reporting services, and now have it up and running.  The customer is happy with assessment report of the survey data. THE PROBLEM is this, now all the loca...

Web resources about - Report Security - asp.net.ssrs

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Security (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
equity securities, e.g., common stocks ; and, The company or other entity issuing the security is called the issuer . A country's regulatory ...

Online account security: lazy authentication is still the norm
Even in the high-tech world of 2016, crims will be able to side-step your account security by making a phone call and saying they're you.

China vows to safeguard food security amid reforms: Xinhua
China vows to safeguard food security amid reforms: Xinhua AG Week BEIJING - China will take steps to ensure sufficient food supplies as it ...

Samsung adds SmartThings and security to IoT TVs
... compatible cameras, and control your connected devices–all from the TV", the company states. Also being unwrapped for the new year is a security ...

Security increased in Vienna after alert of potential attack
Firstpost Security increased in Vienna after alert of potential attack Boston Herald Police in Vienna, Austria, have stepped up security precautions ...

Rubio-Bush War Intensifies With Ad Hitting Marco’s Choice To Fundraise While Skipping Security Briefings ...
Rubio-Bush War Intensifies With Ad Hitting Marco’s Choice To Fundraise While Skipping Security Briefings

TSA Stepping Up Random Security Screenings For Airport Workers
There’s a good chance you’ve been waiting (patiently) in the airport security line, preparing to take off your shoes, your belt, remove your ...