Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server

I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,
The data source, and database that the reports use/access are on
a remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ)
So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reports
to the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the
same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reporting
services projects? Because basically my local directory structure for the
reports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server:
C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\.....
0
brgdotnet
4/24/2009 7:14:43 PM
πŸ“ asp.net.ssrs
πŸ“ƒ 4514 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

πŸ’¬ 2 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 1230 Views

I copied over the reports into the same directory structure. Then rebuilt them and re-deployed. They worked great. Thanks!
0
brgdotnet
4/24/2009 9:22:44 PM

Change the TargetServerURL to http://xyz/reportserver and deploy from local machine itself. Hope this will help you.
Waiting for your test result.

Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

View Arunkumar S P's profile on LinkedIn

Please remember to click β€œMark as Answer” on the post that helps you.

0
arunkumarsp