Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server

I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,
The data source, and database that the reports use/access are on
a remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ)

So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reports
to the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the
same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reporting
services projects? Because basically my local directory structure for the
reports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server:

C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\.....

0
brgdotnet

I copied over the reports into the same directory structure. Then rebuilt them and re-deployed. They worked great. Thanks!

0
brgdotnet
4/24/2009 9:22:44 PM

Change the TargetServerURL to http://xyz/reportserver and deploy from local machine itself. Hope this will help you.

Waiting for your test result.

Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

View Arunkumar S P's profile on LinkedIn

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.

0
arunkumarsp

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Very Basic Quesion about creating and deploying reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting services
 Hello I have a basic question about reporting services.Here is the situation:1. I created a report project within SQL Server Business Intelligence studio  ( the database I used for the report is on another server).2. The report runs fine within my project when I do a right click on the report and select run.3. When I deploy the report on my localhost.4. I get this error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'." Any Ideas...Thanks  Friend, check this http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/archive/2004/08/09/1895.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-...

Moving SQL Server Backend for CRM & Reporting Services
Last week, we moved the SQL Server backend for our CRM 3.0 site from the Local machine SQL Server instance to a Named Instance on another Database Server (SQL Server 2000 Standard) We moved the Databases AND the associated Security Model (SQL Server Users and Groups), then used rsconfig on the Source Server to repoint Reporting Services to the new Database Server. Everything seemed to be working fine. We don't have much data loaded into CRM yet to report against (this is not quite in Production yet) so I need to get this resolved before we start punping data into the site.. What is happe...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

comparison between microsoft.reportviewer.common Namespace & Sql Server Reporting service (SSRS)?
 Hi all, Can anyone tell me, comparison between  microsoft.reportviewer.common Namespace & Sql Server Reporting service (SSRS)?From where i can download SSRS??? & How to implement it??? Please I am new to this blog. & I want to implement reporting service... Thank You, In advance...    Get yourself a copy of SQL Server 2008RTM (evaluation copy is free)Go view my blog for details:http://hodentek.blogspot.com jay...

Reporting Services On Web Server not on SQL Server
I have my web server and sql server seperated. Is it possible to have the virtual directories that get created point to the web server and not on the sql server? Also, if I have domain abc.com, def.com, ghi.com can they all go to the reporting services with their domains?   Thanks in advance!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com anybody?Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com Yes you can run reporting services on the webserver separated from the database server.  Think of the Reporting Services as an ASP.NET application.Fuji NguyenDotNet...

Having trouble getting SQL Server Report Server deployed
 I have a group project that we have to do for a local company as part of my MIS major. The problem is this is I'm pretty much on my own, as my professors don't know jack about IIS and SQL Server configuration and deployment. Anyways, I have Reporting services configured and initialized, and my sharepoint site can be accessed over the web, so I have something setup right. I am having problems though getting the report server to display anything when I navigate to its virtual directory on the web. In IIS it shows all the files being under the directory. My question is, how do I g...

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures. My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data. I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS. Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within th...

Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.
I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u http://www.crystalr...

Web resources about - Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server - asp.net.ssrs

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...