Making words bold within a Textbox where text is between "<bold></bold> tags?

Hi, I have a richtext box on a aspx page from which user enters a 1000 character string which is stored as in a single colum of table. Now the user may want some of the text to be bold for which Iam also stroing the :"<bold>" tags in db. Problem is this being a sinbgle field Iam unable to figure out a way by which I can identify the text within bold tags and make it bold in report. Also remember the text user may make bold is not predefined it can be anything within the field. Please tell me how I can achive this from sql reporting.

Thanks.

0
siteslayer2k
11/5/2007 6:58:59 AM
📁 asp.net.ssrs
📃 4514 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 971 Views

If you're using a text editor like FCKEditor, you'll need to encode the text before it goes in the database, then decode it when it comes out of the database. Look into the HTMLEncode and HTMLDecode methods of the Server object.

"Peace is Every Step." -Thich Nhat Hanh
0
gsdtech