Is it possible to generate the columns dynamically using SQL SERVER Reporting Services 2005

Hi all,

In my report no of columns and column names is not fixed, Is it posssible to generate the columnss dynamically?

I have taken care of the query, I wrote a procedure that generates a select statement dynamically depending on a condition..

But how to do the front ent part?

Thanks in advance

0
Hema

Yes, this may help you...

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/DynamicReport.aspx

Agustin M Rodriguez, MCSD

Help me reach the next level, mark my post as the answer if it helped you reach a solution

También te puedo ayudar en español
0
AMR_PHASE
10/6/2008 9:50:55 PM

Thanks for your response, but in my report I have to change column headers also.

0
Hema

From your description, do you mean the field is totally different in your different select statements, right?

If so, I think you are talking about the dynamical tables, you also can use the idea provided by AMR_PHASE. Just create several tables in advance, and try to visualize one of the tables according to the parameter.

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

How to generate the reports in details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I am generating the reports in a webpage as a details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services.Here I am using asp.net2.0 with c#. Report should be like this:                                          WorkOrder Details -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

how to generate report using sql server 2005 and visual studio 2005
Dear All,   I am basically new as far as SQl server 2005 concern. I want to try out reporting services provided by sql server 2005. That is make report using sql server 2005 and call that report from web or window application.   Please guide me in doing so or give me some useful link. Thanks       here is some nice vedios to get stated with ssrs http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Standards/Rules/RulesToBetterSQLReportingServices.aspx enjoyanibri fouadMorocco in love with dotNet...

Generate XLS, SpreadsheetML and XLSX reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services allows you to export native Excel reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Unlike the built-in renderer for Excel based reports, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services provides an extended feature set and allows RDL reports to be converted to: Excel 97-2003 binary XLS format, SpreadsheetML or the Excel2007 XLSX format.  ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Generate Microsoft Powerpoint PPT and PPS reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is a rendering extension for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (x86 and x64) to generate reports in Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPS formats. All RDL report features including tables, matrices, charts and images are converted with the highest degree of precision to PowerPoint presentations or slide shows.  ...

Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? (SQL Server Reporting Service)
Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? I mean, if my stored procedure outputs xml Can I catch fields from xml in my server report? If yes, can I have little bit idea about how to use?   Thanks in advance.....

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Use Reporting Services 2005 with SQL Server 2000
Hello, I have a fully licensed version of SQL Server 2000 and VS 2003.  Can I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005 and use 2000 as my database?  If so how do I obtain a copy of Reporting Services 2005? Thanks.   I have tried to do this multiple times and I could be missing something - but I have had no success to date! One interesting thing I have noticed is that when I elect to open a reporting services report within Visual Studio I am asked if I want to CONVERT to Business Intelligence 2005 and if I Say Yes - I cannot use the report services report within re...

how to send datbase by using SQL Server 2005 Reporting service..
 hihow to configure and send the database by using SQL server 2005 Reporting service...  Hi, Could you clarify your issue? If you are wondering how to use the SSRS, I suggest to go through the following tutorial. http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/beginning-sql-server-2005-reporting-services-part-1/   Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.Sincerely,Zong-Qing LiMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answ...

Using VS 2003 with SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
I am currently using VS 2003 with SQL Server 2000. I have not developed any reports for 2000 using VS 2003. If I upgrade the db to 2005 can I create and deploy SQL Server 2005 reports using VS 2003?   Thanks,matchbxmatchbx That is correct and you will just work with a better SQL Server and I think for $100 you could get the Reporting Services VS 2005.  Hope this helps. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/Kind regards,Gift Peddie...

Web resources about - Is it possible to generate the columns dynamically using SQL SERVER Reporting Services 2005 - asp.net.ssrs