How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications

Hi,
ย  Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so howย they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution.
Thanx in advance,
Vidya
ย
ย
0
vidya
3/23/2006 5:58:39 AM
๐Ÿ“ asp.net.ssrs
๐Ÿ“ƒ 4514 articles.
โญ 1 followers.

๐Ÿ’ฌ 2 Replies
๐Ÿ‘๏ธโ€๐Ÿ—จ๏ธ 1602 Views

Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net.
If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.ย  All sql server reports areย is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper format then you are good to go!ย  I even believe there is a .Net Class that would assist you in this....
Josh
0
joshlrogers
4/5/2006 6:20:29 PM

u can design RS2005 in 2 ways:
1.u can open Business Intelligence Projects->Report Server Project,but than u will have to use Report Server.to design open a report file(rdl)
2.u can use ReportViewer within the Web application.to design open a report file(rdlc)
0
oshoval