Error: Parameter x value missing a value

Hi frens,

 I am new to SSRS 2005. I am getting an annoying error Parameter x value missing a value. while generating in the browser. the same report works fine in SSRS report manager.

Error Sit:

i have a web application where user selects 4 categories like plants,crops,products,regions(these categories are filled in list boxes).After selecting them, I am passing the list items in a list collection,storing in a session and passing it to report viewer page which opens in a new window.thing is when I select only one item under region category the report works fine,but if i select multiple values for region,it says the parameter 'sales_region'(report parameter) is missing a value.why does such error arise!funy thing is though I debug the reportvieer page i was not shown any exception,the error displays when it was about to show the report!!

0
bharathreddyd

 you are forgetting the parmeter to get passed to ReportViewer

ReportParameter cityParameter = new ReportParameter("City", DropDownList1.SelectedValue);

this.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(new ReportParameter[] { cityParameter });

You can sarch the articles on google. or how to pass parameter to reportViewer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJmRHgSAS8

Satalaj

Watch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||
I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple
I n t e r v i e w T i p s
0
satalaj
5/23/2008 3:03:25 PM

hi fren,

Actually i am sending parameters.the same code works wit other reports.As I said if i pass one tem it works,but multiple items it says missing.this is happening for one particular paramater only!! i dont get any exception tis is rather unfortunate!!

 parm[0] = new ReportParameter("crops", SelectedCropsList, false);

ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ProcessingMode.Remote;
            ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new System.Uri(reportServerPath);
            ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = "/" + reportsFolder + "/" + reportName;
            ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(parm);
            ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh();

0
bharathreddyd
5/26/2008 4:28:55 AM

 Hi all,

i dont know whether this is a prob with VS 2005 or not. When I actually copied the similar code written for parameters and modified it failed to work.As a final try, I just deleted the pasted code and wrote it again, it worked!hope this issue could be considered for reference by microsoft guys!

0
bharathreddyd
5/26/2008 6:19:44 AM

you can setup you parameters on report menu .

Missing a value might be you choose the wrong dataset or that parameter is missing a value

Just double check everything carefully

0
jiangshuai
5/27/2008 3:19:40 AM

 Thanks a lot! I was also experiencing the same problem and I put this code and it's working now.

 rptViewer.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;

0
virochan

parameter is missing a value error
I am trying to populate a report "rdlc" file within a reportviewer control in a webpage. It works fine when is ran as a RDL file as a report services solution. Now that I created my datasource that will populate my report, I get an error  "The 'beg_date' parameter is missing a value", which is a field that is specified back from the result of the procedure. Anyone know how to approach this?  Private conn As String Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load conn = System.Configuration.C...

If Not value or value then....
Hi all,I want to write a simple IF Not then statement in ASP.net 2.0 and I would like some help please.  If Not ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser" Or ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser2" Then Panel1.Visible = False End If Doesnt work, can you tell me where i'm going wrong please?many thanks.  The first place you're going wrong is in telling us it "doesn't work" without providing any details. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Use Not as stated below. It ...

Missing Parameter Values error when using ExportToStream to open the CrystalReport directly in PDF format with FROMDATE and TODATE as parameters...
Hi there. Please solve my problem I have when I try to export parameters to stream. I am using Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0 using VB as code behind and the crystal report that comes with VS 2005. I am using MS Access file as my database. The following is my code I am using to open crystal report straight away in PDF format. If I dont pass parameters then the report opens perfectly in PDF format by using ExportToStream. but when I use parameters then the ExportToStream functionality gives me error like : 'Missing Parameter Values' I have supplied the &q...

Error:
Can anyone help me, I am getting the following error whilst attempting to retrieve data from an Access DB: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value I receive this error from a method which uses a select statement to retrieve data into a datareader, and then I place the value of each of the columns into variables. I have another method before this one which is identical, except for the select statement, and it gives me no errors at all. Here is my code: 'create the connection string objects Dim connstr As String co...

error:Missing parameter field current value.
when i run my webapplication which contains a crystal report and in this report i drag a paramterized procedure so i get an error says Missing parameter field current value. and thank for your time...

critical error has occurred.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
In Debug mode my cutome module is working well. After that i created a zip file to upload the module and also i deleted my tables and store procedures.When I upload my zip file there is no error, Table and All the storeprocedures are installed  in my database.I don't know what is the problem.The error message is this The problem could be that you did not set valid default values for you module settings.Have a look at this.Best regardsHans-PeterDNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community Thank you very muchI reolve that problem by setting the default settings.Now i have one more probl...

(urgent) How do i handle this error in tabs: ( specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value)
Hi   My user control consisted of a datagrid and in that datagrid i was diplaying the plans for that particular user.. My user control consits of paging and sorting but when i click on those pages no and sort by column name i get and error in the form of an popup window but the pagin and the sorting is been handled by the User control...  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value   What should i do to solve it Regards KAren...

Printing report error "Missing Parameter Value"
Hello,At the time of printing report there is error at line  ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter(1,False,0,0)The error is "Missing Parameter Value"Please help me to solve my problem.Thanking you,  Does this happen only when printing? I mean, generating the report works ok? The common cause of this is that a parameter value is always required, and your application is not providing it to Crystal. Sometimes this happens when you have subreports and subreport parameters are not bound to the parent report parameters (linked parameters if they are called the same). Hi Actually, I have the...

Export Crystal Report to PDF -error missing parameter value
i want to export my crystal report to pdfi wrtie my codewhen i pass the perameter,crystal report export pdf that give me error of missing perameter valuehere i m write my code below! ]using System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using System.Collections;using System.Web;using System.Web.Security;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;using CrystalDecisions.Shared;using CrystalDecisions;using System.Data.SqlClient;using CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;//using CrystalDecisions.Report...

Error: Missing Parameter field current value... help me resolve this..
Hi , am getting this error."Missing parameter field current value." Please help me resolve this.. When i Use this line of code [CODE]crReportDocument.DataDefinition.ParameterFields.ApplyCurrentValues()[/CODE] it says "ApplyCurrentValues is not a member of CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinition".How do i get rid of this error. Also is there anyway that without Exporting , i Can Print the Report from vb.net application directly using default Printer. Code is: [CODE]Private Sub Btn_Export_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventAr...

Forum Module critical error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value
I added a Forum module to a pane.  After I update the Settings, I get this error: A critical error has occurred.The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value Even if I don't change any of the parameters and simply click on the "Update" link on the Setting page, I get this error. Does anybody know what causes this and how to fix it?  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.  Thanks. What language are you using in your sql server. Other languages than us-english might cause different date representations,...

Error :"Missing parameter values" while exporting a crystal report to PDF in VS2005
Hi, I have a project which is converted from VS2003 to VS2005 .I got the code to export the crystal report to pdf and is working in VS2003,but in VS2005 it showing an Error :"Missing Parameter Values" and it is runtime.The code is as shown below.Namespaces used:Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.EngineImports CrystalDecisions.Shared  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------        Dim MyReport As New ReportDocument  ...

Reading JSON string returns error: Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter
Hello, I try to read a JSON string which calls a page method the with a HTTP Module and I always get the following error message: Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter: name It seems that the JSON string is no more forwarded to the page if I read the body of an incoming HTTP request. Are there any workarounds? Thank you.  ttklf4 on Twitter Can someone please explain why this happens? Thank you.ttklf4 on Twitter Hi, When you call webservice on client, some parameter is null or undefined. For example, In below code, it will call webservice. ...

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value
I've been running the binary release of 0.95 for a week or so without any problems, but today it's started giving errors when visiting a post. See http://graemef.com/blog/archive/2004/01/15/453.aspx for an example (and stack)... Two things I did today: 1. Change the server time zone in my web.config file 2. Set new posts to be unpublished by default I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's going on, but I won't have time until the weekend so I thought I'd mention it here too :) Cheers, G.Graeme Foster http://graemef.com Just touch (ie, edit something) in yo...

Web resources about - Error: Parameter x value missing a value - asp.net.ssrs

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters