what's the difference in configing web.config with SQL Server and MSDE?

I always get mistakes alert. And how to install MS SQL Server 2000 to a windows server 2003, I encount incompatible problem.thanks
0
burman

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Local SQL Server in Web Config instead of SQL Express
I want to ungrade my membership from SQLExpress to Local Sql Server.  Does anyone have a sample web.config file to accomplish this? I am just stone dumb. Scott Guthrie actually made a blog post on this subject  a few months back:  http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx...

Isolating web.config from it's parent web.config
I need to run an application withing a sub-directory of another application. Basically, I need to install an old version of DNN as a subdirectory of a current DNN2 installation. I get a problem of conflicting web.configs. The subdirectory want to use it's parent directory's web.config file. I thought by making the subdirectory an "application" in IIS that it would use the web.config in it's own folder but instead, it is referenceing the web.config file from it's parent. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Stef. Stef, Because of the hierarchical nat...

SQL Server 05 & .NET .dll's: executing .dll from T-SQL
Can I manually execute a .dll stored in SQL Server 2005?Is it possible for this .dll to do anything: call a Web Service, process XML, etc?Thanks. ...

Web.config setting for SQL server on web hosting
 I got problem for my SQL server. It says attachdbfilename not valid. Can anyone help me with this problem?  My connection string in web.config  <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=210.59.229.22; Database=ASPNETDB;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient;"/> Your provider should be able to help with this.  Do they support SQL Express directly?  It looks like it's trying to autoattach the database and can't find it, you may n...

what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?
i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?  i want to fly ... Hi dkzeng ,Your first question     The string of both sqlsever and acce...

MS SQL analysis server's cube browser through Web BI .net control
hi all i am having problem with running Web BI .net  controls sample cube browsing application provided with the control. the error is like the following. it uses XML web service API to browse the cube. Server Error in '/mssqlbiwebctrlsample' Application. Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationExceptio...

how to let the web.config in the sub-directory to NOT to inherited from Root's web.config.
Hi,all,   How to let the sub-directory to avoid the authentication control from Root's webconfig? I heard that we can add a new web.config to the sub-directory. And then we can slove the problem.   Virtual directory is :http://localhost/main   Sub-directory is : http://localhost/main/reminder   My application used the Forms Authentication, then all files in every directory is controlled by the Forms Authentication. But now i want a sub-directory to avoid this. (user can access this directory directly, Needn't to Login.)   In my application, the user can ac...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

Web.config setting: Server does not allow SQL server connect remotely
 As topic, what should I add in web.config to enable remote connection to SQL server on the host? My error meeeage:    error: 40   Web.config connection string <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx; Database=ASPNETDB;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient;"/>       I am not sure I understand the question.  Do you mean you have a local ASP.NET application and you want to connect to a database server hosted at your web host?BruceDiscountASP.NET...

web.config with SQL Server 2000
Hi All I am trying to create Login section for a website using ASP.NET membership using SQL Server 2000.I have created a DB using aspnet_reg.exe in sql 2000Database Name: Login1Server Name: System01User: saPwd:(password is blank) Now I dont know how to associate this database with asp.net application using vwd 2005 or vs2005When I use WAT it creates a database ASPNETDB.MDF in App_data folder automatically and starts storing info here. HOW CAN I STORE INFORMATION IN SQL 2000 DATABASEAND WHAT WILL BE COMPLETE we.config Can any one help me (please simple and detailed answers as i am beginer...

Regarding web.config for sql server authentication
Hi All,    I have a query. I want to use sql server authentication for my asp.net application. I have created a seperate username and password for the sql server. Now I want to use that username and password to establish the connection thru web.config. In web.config, I don't want to give the username and password of sql server. Instead, I want to get those details in other ways. Please tell me how to handle the connection string with more security? Balaji   Hi Balaji,One way to handle this is to encrypt the connection string in web.config:  http://www.co...

Web resources about - what's the difference in configing web.config with SQL Server and MSDE? - asp.net.sql-datasource