Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server

Hi,
 I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?
 Thanks in advance.
0
VortexWL
3/12/2007 1:29:57 PM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1292 Views

Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.

Cheers,

       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones