Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

What does this error message imply?
0
samekh

.... i guess it does imply that you are not closing your connections.
0
Moon
2/11/2004 7:26:15 PM
And/Or, you are not coding correctly to enforce Connection Pooling. That means you are not using the same connection string each time. To do this, create an <appsetting> in your WEB.CONFIG that is your connection string and reference it in your code any time you need to connect to the database. And as Moon pointed out, close your connection as soon as possible. Take a look at Connection Pooling
0
PD_Goss
2/14/2004 1:36:11 PM

Hi all,

I want to raise this issue again in this forum with hope to get correct and useful answer.

First of all, I would like to describe my application design to get better understanding of problem.

Client >>> .Net Object (assembly installed in GAC) >>> Web Service >>> Use of few .Net Object >>> Microsoft Data Access Block >>> Database

Client loads my shopping cart object (required assembly installed in Local GAC) and call few method for processing order. Internally this object calls WebService method to process order. At my WebService method, I used my few .Net Objects (required assembly installed in Server's GAC). I used these .Net objects to communicate with database.
Now these objects use Microsoft Data Access Block to communicate with database.

So, you see, I never opened connection myself to talk to the database. All these connection related activity done via Microsoft Data Access Block.  I also checked its code and it seems that connection handled properly in it. (No doubt about that, after all its developed by Microsoft).

Now PROBLE...
My client web browser called .Net object's method (to process orders) and it call web service method, in every 5-10 seconds. After some period of time, web service throw above mentioned exception. Then after, about 20-30 min, all cleared off and application starts working and same exception is thrown after some time.

Most Noticeable thing...
Same model working for my other applications, off course for all these applications Web Server and Database Server is on different box
Only difference is No. of transaction and transaction period.

It seems,
My code for WebService and .Net object might Ok
but some settings on WebServer or Database Server might different (I tried to compare this at my best of ability, Seems all SAME and it should be because I followed same set of steps which I used for my old applications)

Outcome....
I am confused, stuck, totally blank what to do.

Looking for...
As I am seeing, I don't want any suggestion which one can give to programmer using this for first time.
Really looking forward to dig this problem to the bottom as combined/team efforts.

Viral

0
viralrparikh

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
 HiI've got this message and I don't know how to solve the problem. I know that I am not closing the existing connection, but I do not where, that's the problemThanks Anders Error message first, Source code and then the example of SQL connection. Error message:Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Desc...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. #2
Hi,  please could someone assist with this problem, as this is quite a serious issue now. The system I have created, is now producing the above error, so the clients can not continue with their daily work. Please could some one assist. Thank you. Error below: Server Error in '/MSISDN_Master' Application. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of...

[...]

URGENT HELP NEEDED. Time out expired. Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
Hi I am presenting a college project in six hours and my site just crashed because of this error:  Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. I dont know what to do. I am using only sqldatasources some writtin in C# the others drag and dropped from toolbox. Is there a way to close or refresh all pooled connections??? I am seriousy nder pressure now Thanks Have a look at this. http://www.15seconds.com/issue/040830.htm &nbs...

Troubleshooting Timeout expired. All pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
Re: Troubleshooting Timeout expired. All pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. New webservers. win2003. IIS6. asp.net 2.0/ sql server 2005 and Oracle 9i through a 64 bit Oracle client. Everything working fine until this. I started getting these errors as the new website activity started to heat up. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. After inspection of some of my methods I did see a few returning data...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
Ok bear with me here :). I have a server that is getting about 1000000 hits per day with about 10,000 unique vistors. For the past 2 months I have been revamping my code trying to deal with the increase in traffic. I have 2 boxes, one for the website, and one for the SQL. They are connected through a secure backlink so that I dont have to worry about encrypting the data. So the problem started when I updated the MDAC components a few weeks ago. I started getting these freaking timeout errors, they are up to about 1000 errors per hour. I have been monitoring the connection pooling usin...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
Hi My application is working with a DataBase server which is connected through VPN. Some time i get an exception like... "Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Inner Exception:>>" Can you please let me know if you have come across any such scenario in your application & any solution for it?           Basically what the error is saying is that the time allotted to make th...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
  Server Error in '/' Application. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the ...

Timeout expired. the timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
I have previously migrated 3 small websites that I use through our intranet into one directory with a shared web.config file because they all connect to the one database. So there are 3 folders under the website with the ASP.net files for each "mini-website" and 1 web.config file shared between them. They also each use a different dataset to connect to and update the database. The site also has it's own app pool and doesn't use the default app pool on IIS. Since moving them all to a shared website with 1 web.config file I have have been getting the following error after us...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
Hi All, Our ASP.NET application gives an error message like shown below, from time to time, could any of guys pls help or give some advice. Thanks Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationEx...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool
 I'm getting this error on my site. What could be causing this?Cheers,Curt Regards, Curt A big delay on DB connection. Try to set the connection timeout to a bigger value.Wamba {WamBlog}Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your thread as Resolved. Hi   u change the timeout to higher value     SqlCommand objcmd = new SqlCommand(qry,con);        con.Open();        objcmd.CommandTimeout = 50; &nb...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
Get this error using this code. The error occurs on the bolded line Please help. How the heck do I fix this. using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Text;namespace HSI { public partial class ofinterest_conferences : System.Web.UI.Page {protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { LoadConferences(); }private void LoadConferences...

Web resources about - Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...