SQL Server Linked server

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

 Hi everybody,

                    I have added the linked server on the development server using following system procedures,

but when I'm trying to access the tables from linked server(production) then it gives the error message below in bold.

 EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'productionserver name', 'SQL Server'
GO
EXEC sp_addlinkedsrvlogin
@rmtsrvname        ='productionserver name',
@useself        = 'false',
@locallogin        = 'sa',
@rmtuser        = 'sa',
@rmtpassword    = 'pass'

        OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "172.16.10.29" returned message "Login timeout expired".
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "172.16.10.29" returned message "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.".
Msg 2, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].

thanks in advance,
0
zcon_sachin

Does the remote server have SQL Authentication enabled?  Can you connect to it using SSMS with the credentials you supplied?

RickNZ
1/3/2009 10:14:06 AM

No, Its not allowing to connect with production server, But its in same local area network

0
zcon_sachin
1/3/2009 10:43:58 AM

Hi,sachin

The Problem Is  with Configuration of remote connections

U can Refer These

http://kbalertz.com/914277/configure-Server-allow-remote-connections.aspx
https://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2005/05/05/415084.aspx

RAGHAV

MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog

MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U.

"Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins

"Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous

0
raghav_khunger

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Has anyone linked MS-SQL server to Sybase SQL server?
I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1 I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS server without success. I have tried ODBC and still not had any luck if anyone has succuessfully connected the 2 could you email me at ttel023@hotmail.com with how you did it, thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------44588F7CCA40697BCE710F01 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit gary wrote: > I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1 > I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS serv...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #3
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #2
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #4
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. Mike wrote in news:3fbbd7b9.1ebb.1681692777@sybase.com: M> Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server M> from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried M> everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping M>...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Linked Servers
This may sound strange but I want to create a Linked Server back to my local SQL server.  The reason is there are views in a database that retrieves data from a Linked Server in our networked environment. I want to be able to take a copy of this database home on my PC but I will not have network connections, and I don't want to change the view code to go against my local SQL server. Idealy, I'd like to create a fake link back to my SQL database so the view thinks it's going to the Linked Server, but it's really just looping back to the local SQL server on my laptop. D...

SQl Server Linked servers
We are having a problem connecting to linked servers through PB9 OLEDB. The IDE interface (or the datawindow) works fine but if we try to connect in runtime we get the following error: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server OLE DB error trace[OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IUnknown::QueryInterface returned 0x80004002 " The liked server mentioned is from a System DSN. What I don't understand is that it works in the IDE but not in runtime. (the same happens in PB10) our connection string looks like this: SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = &quo...

Web resources about - SQL Server Linked server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Windows Server 2016 switches to per-core licensing
Microsoft has always licensed Windows Server on a per-socket basis, but with the 2016 release this is due to change. When Windows Server 2016 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Microsoft to change Windows Server 2016 licensing rules, will use per-core metric
Microsoft last week announced it will switch the licensing for next year's Windows Server 2016 to a per-processor-core basis, a move analysts ...

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

HPE, Dell Stay Atop Growing Global Server Market
Demand for rack systems and growth of hyperscale data centers help drive growth of x86-based systems, according to IDC and Gartner analysts. ...