SQL Server Express & SQL Server 2000

I'm currently developing my website using SQL Server Express which
comes by default with the Visual Web Developer. My hosting is using SQL
Server 2000. Is the database I created using sql server express
compatible with sql server 2000?

Other databases hy hosting supported includes MySQL, Access, SQL Server 2000. Among these three, which one I best use on my site? My site doesnt involved much database activity.

Thank you

0
Shuf

 Shuf wrote:
Is the database I created using sql server express compatible with sql server 2000?

Not so that you could just take SQL2005 database file and try to attach it to SQL2000. Sure, data can be transferred with DTS etc but SQl2005 database structure is different (like Programmability section and so on).

So it depends what type of compatibility you look for.
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
7/29/2005 3:57:12 PM
So, it's transfrable between SQL2000 and SQL Express is it?

Another thing, I'm trying to setup the Authentification and Authorization thing using the Web Site Administration Tool (via Website ASP.NET Configuration), trying to setup users and what roles they have. The username and password is stored in database. But why does everytime I try to do something in Provider tab (mostly), it always return me this "

The page cannot be displayed"

The obvious one is where I cannot click Test in the Providers list

0
Shuf
8/2/2005 8:36:55 AM
Ok. I have go down to the very basic. I went to site site;
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vwd/videos/ . Watch Lesson 09
video, and did exactly as what that guy did. I was able to do until
create the role for the Lesson09 site, but when I tried to create a new
user, the "The page cannot be displayed" comes out again. I tried
couple of times but the same error comes out.

What's wrong? I dont think it has something to do with my web.config settings. Any help please

0
Shuf

Are SQL Server Express & SQL Server different?
Hello,Recently, I developed an ASP.NET  application using SQL Server Express. But when I tried to upload my application onto my web server, it does not seem to work. I checked with the web hosting guy and he mentioned that SQL Server Express and SQL Server are different without elaborating more.  May I ask the experts here what are the differences between these 2? Is there anyway I can upload my application that I developed using SQL express ?   Thank you all for the advice.  Sincerely Yours, Abupapa Here's a detailed breakdown from MS  http://www.microso...

Sql Server 2000 & Sql Server 2005
Dear AllIs there is a big defference between Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 and if  i studying thesql server 2000 about  40% or 50% from it..can i upgrade and styding 2005 or i must completing studying sql server 2000 more enough.Please i want a good and practical advise.(i can't get the chance to develope a real life database with sql server2000 until this moment.)Many Thanks 4 All. Hey,A lot of the concepts that are in SQL 2000 will still apply, such as data types, table design, indexes, pk/fk relationships, and such...  DTS has changed completely; in a...

Migration from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2000?
Note from moderator XIII: originally posted in Club starter kit but was found to be more appropriate in this forum: Hello,What are the steps I have to follow to migrate the SQL Express Edition to the SQL 2000 Edition for my Club Starter Kit?Any URL or hint or trick or tips?Thanks,MudassirMudassir AzeemiSan Francisco, CAWeb: http://www.BonGeek.comBlog: http://blog.BonGeek.com...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

SQL server express code on MSDE/SQL server 2000
hi - I am developing locally using .Net 2.0/Access but just recently started trying out SQL Server Express. I have deployed my application to a host who provides 2.0 but as would be expected only MSDE/SQL server 2000. Now if I'd switch completely to SSE, would my SQL queries (which are pretty simple) work on MSDE or SQL server 2000? The only thing I see as more sophisticated sql queries would be the built-in 2.0 Roles/Membership functions... Do you think they would run smoothly on MSDE/SQL 2000?Finally... since the database is already done locally, is there any way (a stored procedure for ex...

SQL Server 2008 Express with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Good Day,Please  englighten my mind, i have a plan,in my development PC, i have Windows XP and this Visual Studio 2008 and with SQL Server 2008 Express, in my  Deployment Server i have Windows Server 2003 with this SQL Server 2000 Enterprise. so my question is, what are the PROs and CONs in this kind of setup??? between SQL Servers????also please suggest anythings that will help me in this setup.  please help me, thanks JFRBPH12™ Is there any way you can upgrade your SQL Server version on the Deployment Server? Otherwise you would have to set compatibility mode to 80 in...

Web resources about - SQL Server Express & SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

Express Scripts partners with drug company to produce $1 version of Daraprim
Patients suffering from a rare parasitic disease will soon have a low-price alternative to Daraprim, the lifesaving drug sold by Turing Pharmaceuticals ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... of Daraprim skyrocketed to around $750/pill, resulting in angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

Martin Shkreli Questioned By Express Scripts' Chief Medical Officer
During his Q&A at the Forbes Healthcare Summit, Martin Shkreli shared an exchange with the Chief Medical Officer of Express Scripts.

Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug
Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug