SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2005

can any one tell me what the main differences are in the two editions? also can you use and express 2005 edition database on sql 2005? if not how would you do that?
Tuppers
0
Tuppers
5/25/2006 9:19:08 PM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1213 Views

Look here for a detailed comparison between the two.

Yes, you can use Express databases on SQL Server 2005. Just attach it to an instance of SQL Server 2005.
Is this enough information?
Don

Don Kiely, MCP, MCSD
In the Last Frontier, Interior Alaska
Please post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!
0
donkiely
5/25/2006 9:23:16 PM

cheers i was told by my host that i could not use an express edition database with swl server 2005?? thought it was a bit strange!
Many thanks!!
Tuppers
0
Tuppers