SQL Server 2005 is not there in Server Explorer of Visula Studio.NET

Hi,

I have installed express edition of the Visaul Studio and SQL Server 2005. But I am suprised to see that sql server is not there in server explorer of vs.net and also we create can not create the database in app_data server. It is giving error that Your default server setting does not alllow remote sql server database. What should i do to make it working. Also in ASP.NET configuration tool it it not working

please help me, its very urgent

regards,

Jalpesh

Jalpesh P. Vadgama
Software Developer
http://jalpesh.blogspot.com
0
Jalpesh
6/29/2006 7:58:16 AM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 762 Views

Are you sure you SQL2005 has been installed successfully and you can start the SQL service? Can you connect to the SQL2005 in Management Studio?
Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay
6/29/2006 9:02:42 AM

HI,

Yes i have installed sql server successfully and i can start and stop sql service but the problem was that sql server is not allowing me to create database in app_data folder. It is saying that current sql server setting does not allow remote connection

Regards

Jalpesh

Jalpesh P. Vadgama
Software Developer
http://jalpesh.blogspot.com
0
Jalpesh
6/30/2006 6:43:17 AM

OK, so I understand your problem hereSmile Then you're meeting a connection issue that some other people have encountered, you can search on the forums with key word as 'SQL 2005  Remote Connection'. Here I found a post which you can  take a look atSmile

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1110412.aspx