SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard

I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...?

Thank you for any help,
Thank you

Jackxxx
0
Jackxxx

Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up.  I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard.

Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

SQL Server 2000 Standard or SQL Server Enterprise?
Is SQL Server 2000 Standard an option for a web application ? OR Only Enterprise version should be used for a web application because the standard version cannot support fully a web application? sun21170 Either one can be used. You need to choose based on your specific requirments.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ To me the extra things in Enterprise are mainly in OLAP/Data Warehousing/English Query area. So for a web site, the standard version appears to be as good.sun21170 If you ne...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

SQL SERVER 2000: In which format the datetime will be stored in sql server 2000?
Hi All, I would like to know, how the datetime will be stored in the sqlserver datetime column. Because some time i am giving the date in dd/mm/yyyy and sometime mm/dd/yyyy. while give the date in mm/dd/yyyy works fine but not in the another case. and also while i execute a query on query analyser it shows the datetime in yyyy/mm/dd format. So anyone can please tell me how the dates will be stored in the datetime column of sqlserver database? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Dhanasekaran. G Storing of datetime depends upon the globalization setting. Normally the date time is stor...

Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000
How to perform Bulk Copy of a table from a Remote SQL Server 2000 to Local SQL Server 2000?I need to do this programmatically. This will be performed on regular basis. I can't use DTS Import/Export Wizard. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.Thanks in advance. With Regards,Prodipta Mondal.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.  Connect to the remote SQL Server. Load a DataTable or DataReader Connect to the local Server Call the SQLBulkCopy,WriteTo...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Installation of SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Developer Editions on the same PC
I currently have SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition installed on my home PC. Is it safe (or even advisable) to also install SQL Server Developer Edition 2000 on the same PC? I have two clients, one using SQL Server 2000 and another one on 2005 so I need to do testing on both. Bill I have both on my laptop, but installed them in the opposite order you are wanting to do. Don't know if there would be issues doing 2005 first and then 2000. -- TheSQLGuru President Indicium Resources, Inc. "Bill Murphy" <wmdmurphy@houston.rr.com> wrote in message ...

Why I cannot create/edit tables in VS.Net Server explorer for SQL Server 2000 Developer local database?
I found that when I install MSDE, then I can create/edit database objects for MSDE database in Visual Studio 2003 Server Explorer, but when I try to create/edit database objects under the default database created by the SQL Server 2000 installation, I cannot do these tasks as no option for these tasks appear when I right-click on the database object in Server Explorer.  Anyone knows why this is happening?sun21170 I reproed your issue. And I found in MSDN it is said the Server Explorer can: -Open and view Server Explorer -Add a data connection -Add a server -Drag a...

Sql Server 2000 & Sql Server 2005
Dear AllIs there is a big defference between Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 and if  i studying thesql server 2000 about  40% or 50% from it..can i upgrade and styding 2005 or i must completing studying sql server 2000 more enough.Please i want a good and practical advise.(i can't get the chance to develope a real life database with sql server2000 until this moment.)Many Thanks 4 All. Hey,A lot of the concepts that are in SQL 2000 will still apply, such as data types, table design, indexes, pk/fk relationships, and such...  DTS has changed completely; in a...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard - asp.net.sql-datasource

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

How property developers make windfall millions
... turn it into something completely different and, hey presto, you've made a windfall without moving a brick. But others lose. Here's how developers ...

Developers say Apple’s App Store policies make it unlikely we’ll see many pro apps for the iPad Pro
Developers of pro apps have long complained that Apple’s App Store policies are a barrier to them creating iOS versions of popular Mac apps. ...

Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4 to registered developers
Apple has just released the fourth beta version of iOS 9.2 to registered developers.The software is available to download over-the-air or through ...

Introducing the Senior Web Developer Nanodegree Program with Udacity
Posted by Sarah Clark, Program Manager, Google Developer Training What do you need to stand out from the crowd of web developers, and ultimately, ...

What Microsoft's new developer strategy means for CIOs
Connect 2015 , Microsoft’s online developer event being held this week, is crammed with announcements of new developer tools and sneak peaks ...

iOS 9.2 beta 4 is now available to developers and public testers
Apple has seed iOS 9.2 beta 4 to public testers and developers today, just over a week after dropping the last beta that contained a lot of bug ...

Taiwan-based Google Play app developers double in 2 years
The number of Taiwan-based app developers registered on Google Play increased by 200% in the past two years, while the money spent by users outside ...

Game developer Madhead eyes new collaboration with Tencent
EJ Insight Game developer Madhead eyes new collaboration with Tencent EJ Insight PikPok managing director Mario Wynands (left) plans to expand ...