SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express

I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS?

 Thank you for any thoughts,

0
Jackccc

Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:

Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspx

Backup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspx

Detach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.aspx

Note: you'd better keep a backup of the SQL2000 database. Because once you move a SQL2000 backup into a SQL2005 instance, the database will be upgraded and can't be moved into SQL2000 instance anymore.

Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

How do I synchronise local SQL Server Express db with my online SQL Server 2005 db?
For various reasons, I have a situation where the data in the SQL Server 2005 database hosted by my ISP is more up to date than the data in the matching SQL Server Express database on my own PC. I now want to synchronise these two databases but don't know how to do it. Because I am still developing my ASP.NET 3.5 app, which has not yet been opened up to users, I am only used to synchronising in the other direction by first using the Database Publishing Wizard within Visual Web Developer 2008 Express to create a suitable script associated with my SQL Server Express database and then runn...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

migration from sql server express 2005 to sql server 2000 enterprise
hi, i need some help here,i made a simple data driven website in my development PC, at first, i used MS Access for my data base then i migrate it to sql server express 2005, and it works fine when i try to run it in my development PC with my IIS. but of course i will be deploying it to a real server, in our office were i will deploy my data driven site, we have a PC server Win Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (im not pretty sure by the name but i know its not a free version, its something like a 2000 sql version with a word enterprise at the end).so my question is, i am developing...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

local SQL Server 2005 Express and Host with SQL Server 2000
I'm creating an app and have SQL Server 2005 Express installed.  Most of the hosts now offering SQL Server 2005 are a bit pricey compared to those only offering 2000.  Will I have any difficulty uploading my site and running the db on SQL 2000?  Thanks in advance. I've been searching these forums but all people having about the same question, all have no replies in the thread. I'd love some feedback on this issue. I'm quite new to asp.net.I've got vs installed with sql 2005 express. but I also installed sql 2000 since my host is still using this one. how can I port the db ? ...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Fred Armisen in his feminist bookstore persona Candace Devereaux reads "Portlandia Travelogue: The Brussels ...
Downloadable free here . A literary train journey on the Brussels to Antwerp Express through the erotic world of European train stations and ...

Jackson Hewitt Teams Up With American Express To Target The Underbanked This Tax Season
... and underbanked, taxpayers who have their taxes prepared at Jackson Hewitt can opt to have their federal tax refund added to an American Express ...

Jawan remanded to 7-day police custody in Howrah Express rape case
The army jawan, who was arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of a teenager inside a compartment of Howrah-Amritsar Express, was remanded ...

Meet Uman, The Gender Fluid Artist Who Taught Herself To Express
Born in Somalia and raised in Kenya in a Muslim household, Uman is redefining outsider art in NYC.

Peach, A New Social Media App by the Founder of Vine That Uses ‘Magic Words’ to Express Thoughts
... thay uses “magic words”- specific words that easily format, add content and implement commands. and other simple ways for users to easily express ...

Learn These Body Language Tricks to Better Express Affection
Communication is pretty tricky in any relationship. If you want to share affection without blurting out “Hey, I like you!” to everyone you meet, ...