SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition

Hi,
Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?

Regards,
Swami
0
swamik

Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" service; or create a alias for the SQL2000 named instance specifying TCP/IP port, then connect with the alias.
Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

migration from sql server express 2005 to sql server 2000 enterprise
hi, i need some help here,i made a simple data driven website in my development PC, at first, i used MS Access for my data base then i migrate it to sql server express 2005, and it works fine when i try to run it in my development PC with my IIS. but of course i will be deploying it to a real server, in our office were i will deploy my data driven site, we have a PC server Win Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (im not pretty sure by the name but i know its not a free version, its something like a 2000 sql version with a word enterprise at the end).so my question is, i am developing...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

Canberrans express condolences as French respond to Paris tragedy
Consoling hugs, candles alight, letters of compassion and floral tributes.

Fans, teammates express shock, sadness over death of rugby legend Jonah Lomu - CTV News
Jonah Lomu's huge impact on the game of rugby and his fame, which spilled beyond the sport's traditional borders, was reflected in the breadth ...

Apple Pay coming to Canada tomorrow for American Express cards
According to the iPhone in Canada blog , American Express representatives have confirmed that eligible American Express bank cards will be able ...

The best place for creatives to express themselves
... with a few fun jokes. But then he passionately went into why Tumblr exists. David wanted to build the very best place for creatives to express ...

San Francisco Sues American Express, Alleging Illegal Restraints On Merchants
Earlier this year, a federal court ruled that American Express violated antitrust laws — resulting in higher costs for consumers — by forbidding ...

American Express bringing Apple Pay to Canada
American Express has reportedly confirmed that AmEx users in Canada will be able to use Apple Pay this week, beginning Tuesday, November 17. ...