SQL Reporting Services 2005 - Report Generator

Good day everyone,

Here is my scenario. I'm always in the position where i create a report for the administration and the request 3 different more or ask for 10 modifications that differ from the original specs. SO, i was wondering, is there any tool i can use to allow my users to create their own report. The idea is that they would select the fields they want, specify order etc. All this in a GUI that is some kind of user friendly.

Thanks for your help,

amensi

this is worth a look - http://www.izenda.com/Site/Index.aspx

 good luck.

Liam Mcmullen
0
liammcmullen
8/8/2008 10:26:21 PM

 Thanks a lot !!

 Do you have an idea about the pricing of such solution?

amensi

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005
Hi all, I am sure it has been asked before, but i can't find the answer anywhere in the forum... I developed an application with SQL 2005 and .Net 2005 and i wanted to know how (if it is possible) to use that database in the SQL Express 2005 (for small customers). I have the database (tables, views and stored procedures) as it is done on the SQL 2005. If i will just attach the database in SQL Express 2005 it will work or should i do something else too? Thanks a lot. (Is it possible to install both SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 on the same PC? I already have SQL 2005 installed). Ye...

SQL Server Integration Services
I have a package that uses a connection defined in the package designer.I also hve some connections defined in the data sources with the same name.How can I change the connections in the package designer to use the connections in the datasources and make all processes use this data sources connection?Thanks Have you considered using configuration file to store the connection strings?Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 If I delete the connection in the connection manager section of the designer then right click in the connection manager s...

Migrating VS2003 datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Is it necessary to convert my VS2003 project to VS2005 before converting the datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005? Or can I just change the datasource without converting the project? Hi delossan, For the first question, the answer is no. Both SQL Server versions can work with Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005. For the second question, the answer is yes. Visual Studio 2003 can work with SQL Server 2005.    Sincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can ...

VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion
I would like to know if there are any issues having VS2005 with SQL 2005 express and SQL 2005 Developer on the same computer.  I seem to have problem performing a Remote Connection to SQL 2005 Developer.  I  have enable the protocols and enable remote connection but I still have issues conneting. Any tips or help Thanks JulioJulio D....

SSIS
I created an SSIS package for a client that does data importing. When I run the pacakge from Visual Studio there is an error window showing all the errors and warnings. A good example of an error is if the import file is in the wrong format.When there is a error or warning can I write the error log to a file OR notify someone of the errors so they can make corrections and rerun the package OR any ideas that the client can find out what went wrong and then make corrections accordingly? Thanks Yes you can create loggers in SSIS package, you can select log destinations like fil...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2005 lite
Hi, I have a web site hosted at a hosting company.. I'm in the process of designing a web site which has some forms that are going to hit a database, etc.. for a small company.. This small company has it's own Web server, and when I'm finished I'll copy the finsihed product to their IIS web server, etc.. Well, I have SQL server 2005 full edition as part of my web hosting, but I'm going to have to use SQL server Lite for the end user / client since they don't have SQL server. So, I'm wondering if I can do my work on MY remote host using the full edition of SQL server 2005, and then copy to th...

Moving SQL 2005 DB to SQL 2005 express
Hi. I developed an ASP.NET based website at work using MS SQL 2005 Developer Edition as the back-end. Now I have a friend who needs a website and I can basically use some of the same tables/SPs I used at work. My questions are: 1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?2. As the developer of the website, what do I have to do to distribute the web application? Being the express version of SQL, do I have to pay for licensing or things like that?Thank you.  1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?...

Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server
Hi, Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to transfering my DNN 4.0 site from my development machine, running SQL Express 2005 to my host/production server which is running SQL Server 2005? Any other general advice for transferring sites between machines? Thanks, DG ...

convert SQL 2005 express .mdf to SQL 2005
Hi Forum, I need some good info regards remote host requirements. I dev web app using VS 2005 express edition and SQL Server Management Studio express. Everything is ready to transfer to host running SQL 2005. My ? do I have to convert my SQL 2005 express .mdf to a SQL 2005 file type. (hosting company state I do, then save as .bak) much appreciate good data, Paul    A mdb file is Access based, an mdf file is the data file of SQL Server. They are not convertible. You will have to import the data from access or export / upsize from access to make them stored on the server.....

SQL code to stop and restart sql server 2005 and sql agent
Hi. I would like to restore a SQL Server 2005 database from a backup file. The problem is that the users which are using the site, prevent the restore operation from completing. So, I stop the sql server by right clicking the server name in management studio and selecting stop, wait for 3-4 minutes and restart it by clicking start. Then I can restore. So I am looking for code that can do these operations (including the wait). let me just add that I am using a named instance - and I want to stop and restart the instance. Please help, thanks in advance. I found this link http://...

SQL Express and SQL 2005 ?
I use my SQL Express 2005 on my machine and my friend use SQL Server 2005 on his machine . Does it get any errors when i give my project (my project's database using SQL Express 2005 provider) to my friend ? If it get errors , how can i fix it ? Thanks . Hi, You will need to give him the database file and let him attach it to the server. Also, please let him modify the connection string accordingly. Make sure he's connecting to the right database.Sincerely,Kevin YuMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps ...

sql 2000 to sql 2005
i have developed my project in asp.net 2.0 +ajax +c# as backend with sql server 2000 as back end now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 will it gives any problem in furture all my queries will run properlyMark As Answer If my reply helped you. syedwna:now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 There should be no problems as long as you migrate all the data, procedures, functions and all required data from SQL2000 to SQL2005. ...

Web resources about - SQL Reporting Services 2005 - Report Generator - asp.net.sql-datasource

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Reporting Mischaracterizes Clayton Homes’ Treatment of Customers and Employees
Clayton Homes offers homes and financing to all Americans regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or background.

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks
Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...