SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005

Hi all,

I am sure it has been asked before, but i can't find the answer anywhere in the forum... I developed an application with SQL 2005 and .Net 2005 and i wanted to know how (if it is possible) to use that database in the SQL Express 2005 (for small customers).

I have the database (tables, views and stored procedures) as it is done on the SQL 2005. If i will just attach the database in SQL Express 2005 it will work or should i do something else too?

Thanks a lot.

(Is it possible to install both SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 on the same PC? I already have SQL 2005 installed).

0
MikeMinsk

Yes.

Yes, nothing else to do probably.  You might have some issues with users/permissions to work out though.

Yes.

0
Motley
7/11/2006 8:14:31 PM
Motley:
Yes.

Thank you very much

Motley:
Yes, nothing else to do probably.  You might have some issues with users/permissions to work out though.

Is there any documentation on that?

Motley:
Yes.

Just install the SQL 2005 Express? I don't want to do something wrong and ruin the SQL 2005 installation, that's why i am double checking :)

0
MikeMinsk

VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion
I would like to know if there are any issues having VS2005 with SQL 2005 express and SQL 2005 Developer on the same computer.  I seem to have problem performing a Remote Connection to SQL 2005 Developer.  I  have enable the protocols and enable remote connection but I still have issues conneting. Any tips or help Thanks JulioJulio D....

Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server
Hi, Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to transfering my DNN 4.0 site from my development machine, running SQL Express 2005 to my host/production server which is running SQL Server 2005? Any other general advice for transferring sites between machines? Thanks, DG ...

Moving SQL 2005 DB to SQL 2005 express
Hi. I developed an ASP.NET based website at work using MS SQL 2005 Developer Edition as the back-end. Now I have a friend who needs a website and I can basically use some of the same tables/SPs I used at work. My questions are: 1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?2. As the developer of the website, what do I have to do to distribute the web application? Being the express version of SQL, do I have to pay for licensing or things like that?Thank you.  1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?...

convert SQL 2005 express .mdf to SQL 2005
Hi Forum, I need some good info regards remote host requirements. I dev web app using VS 2005 express edition and SQL Server Management Studio express. Everything is ready to transfer to host running SQL 2005. My ? do I have to convert my SQL 2005 express .mdf to a SQL 2005 file type. (hosting company state I do, then save as .bak) much appreciate good data, Paul    A mdb file is Access based, an mdf file is the data file of SQL Server. They are not convertible. You will have to import the data from access or export / upsize from access to make them stored on the server.....

SQL Express and SQL 2005 ?
I use my SQL Express 2005 on my machine and my friend use SQL Server 2005 on his machine . Does it get any errors when i give my project (my project's database using SQL Express 2005 provider) to my friend ? If it get errors , how can i fix it ? Thanks . Hi, You will need to give him the database file and let him attach it to the server. Also, please let him modify the connection string accordingly. Make sure he's connecting to the right database.Sincerely,Kevin YuMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps ...

Local SQL 2005 Express to Hoster SQL 2005 Server
I have been creating applications using SQL Express and uploading them to my hoster. No problems there. Now, I feel I'm ready to the next step and would like to start using my hoster SQL Server. I have created a database in their server, now how do I move my created SQL Express Database to their regular SQL Server? Is there a way to run a tool against my local DB and create a script to run in my hoster? What is the best practise here? Your help is appreciated. Download the Database Publishing Wizard from Microsoft - it's a free tool that integrates with your IDE (Visual Studio or ...

SQL Express to SQL 2005
Hi All, I've developed an application and used sql 2005 express. We upgraded the server to sql 2005. How do I get my current database to work on this server.   ThanksDo something out of character each day this week. Change your hairstyle, wear a different colour, show your teeth when you smile, eat chocolate-anything! Just choose to be different because you can! Just attach the .mdf file. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional AS...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Any compatibility issues between SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Server
Hi All, The IP company that host my site is installing SQL 2005 soon and I my building a web application with SQL 2005 Express. So the question is has anyone heard of any problems with uploading an 2005 express onto a sql 2005 server? I would like to find out now before I finish all of the work. Don't want to find out later that you can't run a sql 2005 express database on a sql 2005 server. Thanks for taking the time to read this.   Well it seem no one know the answer so I emailed the author of a book called Beginning SQL Server 2005 Express. He emailed me back SQL Server 2005...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Can SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 work on one machine?
Can SQL 2005 developer edition and SQL Express 2005 work on one machine?   Yep, sure can. I have SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 Dev Edition, and SQL Express all running on this machine. You can have multiple instances installed and running.Don Don Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! Thank you! Just installed the express edition on top of  the developer edition. - No problem so far. ...

Web resources about - SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

American Express cuts back on perk for Small Business Saturday
Over the past five years, American Express has dangled a carrot to encourage cardholders to patronize independent stores on Small Business Saturday ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... of Daraprim skyrocketed to around $750/pill, resulting in angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

Consumers Express Interest in IoT, Concerns Over Privacy
Nearly one-third of those that browse shopping websites make an online purchase using their mobile phone, the survey found.

Martin Shkreli Questioned By Express Scripts' Chief Medical Officer
During his Q&A at the Forbes Healthcare Summit, Martin Shkreli shared an exchange with the Chief Medical Officer of Express Scripts.