query runs fine in Query Analyser but not the Query Debugger

I'm running a query, actually its an insert that works when using the TSQL below.

However when I try to use the debugger to step through and using the exact same values as those below I get the following error:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification
Its Killing me because everything else works, but this. Can somebody help.

DECLARE @NoteID INT,-- NULL OUTPUT,
@Note_Description NVARCHAR(3000),-- = NULL,
@Date DateTime,-- = NULL OUTPUT,
@ByWho NVARCHAR(30),-- = NULL,
@FK_Action_Performed NVARCHAR(40),-- = NULL,
@FK_UserID INT,-- = NULL,
@FK_JobID INT,-- = NULL,
@Job_Date DateTime,-- = NULL,
@Start DateTime,-- = NULL,
@Finish DateTime,-- = NULL,
@BeenRead NVARCHAR(10),-- = NULL

@FK_UserIDList NVARCHAR(4000)-- = NULL

--SET @NoteID = 409 --NULL OUTPUT,
SET @Note_Description = 'Tetsing'
--SET @Date DateTime = NULL OUTPUT,
SET @ByWho = 'GeorgeAgaian'
SET @FK_Action_Performed = 'Worked hard'
SET @FK_UserID = 5
SET @FK_JobID = 29
SET @Job_Date = 28/01/03
SET @Start = '1:00:20 PM'
SET @Finish = '1:00:20 PM'
SET @BeenRead = 'UnRead'
SET @FK_UserIDList = '1,2,3'

--AS
--SET NOCOUNT ON

SET NOCOUNT ON
SET XACT_ABORT ON
BEGIN TRANSACTION
SET @Date = GETDATE()
-- Insert Values into the customer table
INSERT Note (Note_Description,
Date,
ByWho,
FK_Action_Performed,
FK_UserID,
FK_JobID,
Job_Date,
Start,
Finish)
SELECT --@NoteID,
@Note_Description,
@Date,
@ByWho,
@FK_Action_Performed,
@FK_UserID,
@FK_JobID,

@Job_Date,
@Start,
@Finish
-- Get the new Customer Identifier, return as OUTPUT param
SELECT @NoteID = @@IDENTITY

-- Insert new notes for all the users that the note pertains to, in this case this will be by the assigned
-- users.
IF @FK_UserIDList IS NOT NULL
EXECUTE spInsertNotesByAssignedUsers @NoteID, @FK_UserIDList
-- Insert New Address record
-- Retrieve Address reference into @AddressId
-- EXEC spInsertForUserNote
-- @FK_UserID,
--@NoteID,
-- @BeenRead
-- @Fax,
-- @PKId,
-- @AddressId OUTPUT

COMMIT TRANSACTION
GO
0
g_r_a_robinson

From what I have seen, this is a known problem with the debugger.  ODBC apparently doesn't like the way you are providing dates to the stored procedure.  Use the yyyy-mm-dd format for the date data (or yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss when you are also providing time data).

Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

Query about Queries
Hello all, As a relatively new user to Sybase I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are getting ready to go live with our database and I am wondering what types of queries I should be running for system performance purposes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry ...

How to Query A Query
I have been trying to build a crosstab report that reports everydate within a selected range across the top and specific row information. 7/1 7/2 7/3 . . . Name Detail1 Detail2 Detail3 Name Detail1 What I get as output is only the dates that contain information in the rows. I can get the information I need by using a query within a query (nested). Can a nested query be done in Informaker 5? What about version 6 or 7? Thanks for your help Convert your SQL to syntax, and you can write anything you want. So if your DB support...

How to query a query...
I'm working on converting an Access DB that I created into an ASP.NET application (and attempting to learn ASP at the same time...). One of my queries was very complex and required running a different query first, and then working off of that one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this in ASP? The following is a sample of code I'm using so you can see the type of data-binding I'm using. Thanks for the help! myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " +"Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/EquipmentCheckout.mdb")) strS...

Query a Query
I have a result set in a query. Is it possible to query this query? (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) Petros -- PETROS GAVRIELIDES wrote: > I have a result set in a query. > Is it possible to query this query? > > (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) There is a generic answer to your question: Yes, there is a construct called a sub-query that allows you, in 1 SQL statement, to query from a query. But, generically speaking, not all DB engines support this construct. For instance, Firebird only added it just over a y...

C# Ado.net Sql query parameter query
Hi All, I'm trying to pass in a parameter value from an array in a loop that is used in a sql query and the results are populated to an xml file. The trouble is that I'm only getting the colums values in the outputted xml file. So I feel that the paramter is not being read. So can anyone help as I'm really stuck on this one. The code is as follows : public void DisplayUserInfo() { ArrayList UserIdArrayList = IdentifyUserID(); foreach(string ShowUserIDString in UserIdArrayList) { try { SqlConnection SqlConn = new SqlConnection(DBConnString)...

run a query while looping through a query
I need to query a database and then run a query on each resulting row.When I do this, what all do I need to re-do to run the new SQL query?I am especially worried about not closing  my conn and getting non-updated data on my application but am not exactly sure under what conditions this will happen.Thanks,Andrew Here is the code for accessing my database...//Data Accessstring strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE email = '" + txtUser.Text + "' AND password = '" + txtPass.Text + "'";string strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManage...

Can sql queries be nested in sql queries?
I am having problems with a template that uses the information from one sql query to generate a query on another table. Let me be more specific. The template in question receives a category ID value from a web page that provides a menu of several categories to choose from. Each Category ID represents several Items or products to choose from. When the template receives the category ID, the first thing it does is run a query on my item_category table (this table lists all of the items and associates them with the appropriate category). This query returns several itemIDs that are all...

Query and Sub-Queries
I have a SELECT statement that has two sub queries in it. The 'where' clause in the main query filters a TRADE_DATE field, for example: ...... where TRADE_DT >= '2003/01/01' and TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. Since I only have one date field(TRADE_DATE), I want the sub-query to query where TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. But its not working. I have to hard code the '2003/01/31'. Now I know I can make a dynamic view in VB, but an ideas of how I can do it in SQL? Here's my statement: select T.BROKER_SEQ_NO,B.BROKER_NAME,B.B...

Query Within A Query?
I have a table that looks kinda like thisTag         Info              SignOutDate1             Hi                   09/03/20051             Hi                   09/02/20051   &n...

Having trouble querying a query?
I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0 but I'm having trouble combining two queries together. In Access you had to option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option in Infomaker, am I missing something. Thanks from a newbie... IM doesn't have this feature, since it adheres to general Ansi SQL standards. If you show me the Access query, maybe I can give you a workaround. Are you querying an Access DB or a different DB, e.g. Oracle? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your ...

Querying a Queried result...
Hi, is there such a thing as querying a queried result? Example, query 1 produces Result A. Result A's table is stored 'somewhere' to be queried by query 2 which produces Result B If there is, could you kindly direct me to a website with the appropiate article on this topic? Thanks, -Gabian- Yes there is, querying a View is querying a query rewrite. Send me an email the address is in my profile I will send you a Views tutorial I wrote a while back and run a search for query results from View in your BOL(books online) for code samples. Hope this helps. Kind regards, ...

Query Plan Query
We have a sql query that is causing a few issues in terms of performance as the optimisor is choosing to table scan where an index will certainly yield significant gains. As proven when snapshotting the query and adding an index hint manually. Unfortunatley since the query is dynamically created by a 3rd party application, we are unable to influence this with index hints and are dependant on the optimiser. The table that is table scanning is partitioned (has also hust been repartitioned to address a slight inbalance across partitions) and has 7.6M records. It has been recently r...

Query a query in linq
Hi, I have some code that gets some results:var GlobalTable = from p as db.table                             select p; Now I want to run a query in link on the results stored in GlobalTable. Whats the best way to do this? keepin' it real in the ATX. Exactly the way you ran the first query: var GlobalTableSubset = from gt as GlobalTable                        ...

Exacute query against query
I have a query which selects all dates from my database between 2 date values which is then entered into my dataset. I thin want to run through the dataset totalling the value of a certain column but only if dates match e.g. 27/02/2007          2.21 27/02/2007          3.10 27/02/2007          2.10                           Tota...

Web resources about - query runs fine in Query Analyser but not the Query Debugger - asp.net.sql-datasource

Analyser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An analyser , also spelt analyzer , is a person or device that analyses given data. It examines in detail the structure of the given data and ...

Website SEO Analyser on the App Store on iTunes
Get Website SEO Analyser on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Good Technology launches mobility cost analyser
Good Technology has launched a new tool which allows organisations to evaluate the key drivers of their mobile cost of ownership, benchmark themselves ...

Apple buys Twitter data analyser Topsy
Apple buys Twitter data analyser Topsy The Australian Danny Sullivan , analyst at Search Engine Land, said Topsy "is about the only decent ...

Facebook Page Analyser from Locowise Gives Page Admins Point of Reference
... page insights to see how their pages are performing, but how can they tell whether their numbers are strong or lacking? Facebook Page Analyser ...

Fresh Android Apps for Feb. 15: My Battery Drain Analyser, Cartoon Camera, Tappily Ever After
Appolicious - Feeling hung-over from the yesterday’s love overdose? Find out why your battery’s drained with My Battery Drain Analyser. Then, ...

High Contrast's 'Spectrum Analyser' embraces our glitchy digital history
Forget the rose-tinted view of the early digital era that we sometimes get from chiptunes . High Contrast's new "Spectrum Analyser" music video ...

Apple buys ‘big data’ analyser Mapsense
Navigation potential as company may be eyeing self-driving car

No Spectrum Analyser? No Problem!
In the Bad Old Days, a spectrum analyser was a big piece of expensive machinery that you’d have on your bench next to your oscilloscope. And ...

A Christmas Carol Text Analyser
Click on the feature below to explore the text of our Oxford World's Classics edition of A Christmas Carol. Click on the words in the left-hand ...