need sample code in c# to connect to sql database

hi,

i learn by practice and i would like an asp code using c# that connects to sql database can retrives information from a table.
can you please copy paste me some code or give me exact link a?
thank you
0
binaryking

Here is a tutorial.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

I need help in VB.net code to check the data from SQL database
Hi all, I have a field called "Phone" in a table called "CustInfo", it has 12 digits e.g. 966546500000. and all records are filled of information, I want only to check the existance data. I'm writing my code using VB.NET, If I want to check the phone entry from the user, whether it's existed or not, but the user will only enter 9 digits without the first 3 international digits (966), so the code has to check the number starting from digit 4.Below is my code when the user click enter button after entering the number into text box.how can I modify it to achie...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

Connecting to SQL from C#.net
Hi, I am keying in some codes to insert SQL records via text boxes. I get the following error when compiling. Error 2 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.AccessDataSource' does not contain a definition for 'insert' and no extension method 'insert' accepting a first argument  of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.AccessDataSource' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) The error references to the following lines in my coding.protected void AddWorkstation(object sender, EventArgs e) { IMS.insert(); } Can anyo...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05:[[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Watcom SQL rejected connection: too many connections to database-102]
I use SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with WinNT 4.0 SRV and WebIntelligence 2.6.1 and sometimes when i refresh a query of WebI there is this error: [[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Watcom SQL rejected connection: too many connections to database-102] Why ??? Why isn't there always ??? Denis PS: sorry for my bad english :( Are you using dbsrv50 or dbeng50? If you're using dbegn50 then there is a limit of 10 local connections to the database. The 11th is rejected. If you are using dbsrv50, then you have an unlimited number of local connections, but the number of distinct machines tha...

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Code of Database connectivity to SQL server
I need some help in connecting a database in SQL server thru ASP.NET using VB.net .....some example might help It's hard to know what kind of code you need until you tell us about your application. What are you trying to do? DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!...

SQL connection hard coded to database
Me.SqlConnection1.ConnectionString = "workstation id=""XXXXXXXX"";packet size=4096;user id=XX;data source=""XXXXXXX"";persi" & _ "st security info=True;initial catalog=manufacturing;password=XXXXX"   What excatly is this statement doing it looks to be creating a trusted connection to a certain workstation?  It is connecting from that workstation!  Whilst the contents of these strings must be documented somewhere in MSDN, I normally go to http://www.connectionstrings.com/ to look at the various types.You shou...

What is difference between Transaction in C# code and SQL Command(SQL Server2000) ?
I'm confusedWhat is difference between them ?I have ever seen both of style to use Transaction but Now, I don't understand  What is difference between them ?please describe me Hello, I think that when you use Transactions in C# you can roll back the changes when there is an error catched in C# runtime mode, in the other hand, using Transactions in T-SQL, you can roll back the changes when you need from SQL stored procedure.IS that what you need?regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) There are two ways to perform them. What you can do in C# can be done better in T-SQL. A sp can make...

SQL client coding with C# and Writing web service codes with C#
Hi all, Can anybody give me the best link to learn the below topics 1. SQL client coding with C# 2. Writing web service codes with C# thanks in advace bijujoseph:2. Writing web service codes with C# check out below link > Step by step tutorial > Creating a Windows Service in C# how to create and install win service / setup > CodeProject: Windows Services in Action I. Free source code and programming articles and this one is a simple example which is a b'day schedular using window service > Birthday Wish Scheduler in C#hope ithelps./. Thanx, [Kausha...

Sql Server Script File(.sql) Execution by Vb.net Code
I have a problem. I m working on "light weight sql server"  project.   and i want to execute .sql file through vb.net code with the help of sqldmo library and sqlns namespace. but i donot know any method to directly execute the .sql file. i am successfully making the full script of select database of sql server.   please help me.... thanks.... Hi, You can use SQL-DMO object in your .net projects by referencing Sqldmo.dll  file which is in  C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn  folder is default installation parameters are used. I...

need to export a database / sql dumb with SQL Management Studio Express
ok I have a database on a server that I would like to get on my hard drive, so I can work on it without being connected,etc. Does anyone know how to do this, and if so, could you please help me. Thks - cam I don't remember the exact SQL syntax but what you want to do is backup the database on the server.  This will give you a single file that you copy to your local hardrive.  Then you can then restore this file as a fully functional DB.  If you do a search for backup and restore I think you'll find the syntax quickly. Hi, Yes, this is correct. You can backup/resto...

connecting from VB.NET to an online SQL database
Hi, I'm currently working on a project that consists of three parts:(1) an ASP.NET website(2) a VB.NET program(3) .mdf sql database that is shared between the program and the websiteso, because the database is shared, I need it to be uploaded to a web server, just like the website, but how can I connect my VB.NET program to the database?   Maybe I didn't get the question...The save way you connect from you asp.net application, with connection string, just change the server attribute in the connection string to the ip of the database serverTal GiladiSoftware engineerwww.ta...

problems connecting to my SQL server database in .NET
I am able to connect and display data in classic asp just fine, but I cannot connect to my database using ASP.NET. I have tried 2 tutorials on here and neither has worked. They both give me the same error: "Login failed for user 'NASHIE\ASPNET'." I am currently working on this tutorial: http://asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section3/binddatagrid.aspx "Display Data with MxDataGrid" [wmx:SqlDataSourceControl id="SqlDataSourceControl1" runat="server" UpdateCommand="" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Orders]" ConnectionString="...

Web resources about - need sample code in c# to connect to sql database - asp.net.sql-datasource

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Donald Trump walks back Muslim database comments - Videos - CBS News
Republican candidate Donald Trump stepped back from comments that appear to suggest that he wants to register all of the Muslims in the United ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...