MS access TO SQL SERVER Problem

I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change  of  these access Data  type :

MS access // SQL SERVER
-------------- --------------------
Memo >>>>>>>> ??
AutoNumber >>>>> ??
* and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in Database Designing please let me know
I’m so thankful from your help

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

Paging records in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL
As a Web developer, you should know by now that using the default paging capabilities of ASP.NET Webcontrols like  DataGrid and GridView is NOT recommended, simply because with every roundtrip to the data-server, you get ALL the records ALL of the time. This is fine perhaps for very small databases (the kind, say, a Microsoft programmer would use to develop a new feature), but in the real, ugly world outside, databases tend to have tables with several tenthousands of records. Hence the need for custom paging in a WebControl. Custom paging poses 2 problems : How to get a page of re...

A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface
Hi, We have two SQL Server 2000 database servers. I have no problem to connect serverA through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. But I cannot connect to serverB through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. I tried to connect to serverB through ODBC. It is connected well, but there was error message said "Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use." My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.2 and build 8046. Mindy ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server
Has anyone out there had experience with both of the SQL Server's, (Sybase's and Microsoft's)? We're planning to port a PB application that was originally developed against SQL Anywhere to Sybase SQL Server 11. It'd be really nice if it could also work against MS SQL Server as a number of our clients have been asking about this. Seeing as once upon a time, they were the same product it seems that it shouldn't take much extra work to support both the SQL Server's. Is this right or am I fooling myself? From what I've been able to work our MS...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna ...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna Johanna, Be careful with the ASA timestamp data type. Its MSS equivalent is datatime, not the MSS timestamp which is something complet...

Sybase SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server 7, & MS Win2K Server
Can Sybase SQL Anywhere (or Adaptive Server Anywhere) and Microsoft SQL Server 7 run together on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server? ...

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

SQL Server Express deployed to SQL Server Problem
I am developing an application using VWD 2005 Express with SQL Server 2005 Express. The application works fine on my development box. My production box is running the full-blown SQL Server with ASP.Net 2.0 and IIS. I'm having problems getting the database connection correct. The SQL Server on the production box does not recognize the SQL Server 2005 Express (SSE) *.mdf file. I tried attaching the SSE *.mdf file to the SQL Server, but I get an error message. Has anyone had this experience? Can anyone give me some suggestions. It seems like I should be able to attach an *.mdf file cre...

Web resources about - MS access TO SQL SERVER Problem - asp.net.sql-datasource

The fate of one small mouse hints at a huge problem for Australia
On Saturday morning I cupped a grey mouse in my hands. He was still warm and breathing. It was just a mouse, but I felt a profound sadness.

Is there a problem with Apple Music?
... page on my iOS device, the song or playlist began playback. In my case, the signup page didnt return until I force quit the app. The problem ...

Astronomy’s sexual harassment problem gets Congressional attention
Last year, a confidential report was leaked that revealed that University of California, Berkeley had conducted an investigation into one of ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
Filed under: Green , Recalls , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with ...

Breakthrough research could solve a major problem with lithium-ion batteries
... they're also unstable and can be explosive when they overheat . Researchers at Stanford University have been working on how to fix this problem ...

Tom Stoppard's "The Hard Problem"
by Doctor Science The American premiere of Tom Stoppard's latest play, "The Hard Problem", is at the Wilma Theater in Philadelphia. We went last ...

42% OF AMERICANS NOW REJECT 2-PARTY SYSTEM: Confirm That Government is the Problem
... the government topped the U.S. populace’s list of pressing grievances in a separate Gallup poll . They named it the nation’s number one problem ...

Marc Andreessen predicted GoPro's current problems back when it filed to go public
... 2014 . But even back when GoPro was basking in glowing investor sentiment, there were already warning signs that the company could face problems ...

IDG Contributor Network: No more heroes: View problems as solvable together
You must have felt it, if you have worked in IT for even a few years that creeping sense that more of the time you once spent installing, configuring, ...