MS access to MS access problem

I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change  of  these access Data  type :

MS access // MS access
-------------- --------------------
Memo >>>>>>>> ??
AutoNumber >>>>> ??
* and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in Database Designing please let me know
I’m so thankful from your help

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

Have you had a look at the Upsizing Wizard (I think its called).
0
pkr

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

MS SQL Server to MS Access
I have DNN 3.x working with MS SQL Server.  Is there a prescribed way of converting to MS Access?  Currently,  there is no DataProvider for MS Access from DNN Core ...

MySql Or MS Access or MS Sql
Hi, I want to know, that is MS Access or MySql more efficient and why. And i have a confusion.. is MySql db server a free server or we have to buy it to use. As i think implementing MS Sql server will cost me more, which one of the above is a better solution in that case. Thanks, imran.U and I Solutions,http://www.uandisolutions.com Hi, MySql would be ideal for you since MS Access doesn't provide all the flexibilities of relation database. Mysql can be downloaded from this <a href="http://dev.mysql.com/downloads">Link<a/> Hope it helps. Thanks....

from MS Access to MS SQL help!
hi there, i have a website that runs off of MS access, but i feel its time it is out growing it, so i want to move everything to MS SQL, how can i convert my DB (there is about 18 tables, data is not important) and then can i just switch over my data sources on my pages by adding in a line or two of code or do they all require re doing?   JezJeremy HusonSenior Network EngineerCarden Computers - PC Repair Brighton Give the new Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access a spin: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access
Hello...I have one big problem with this kit: my hoster doesn't provide a MS SQL database support so i can't even try this example. It is possible to convert SQL Server database (mdf) to MS Access database (mdb)??  It's not easy to migrate this particular kit over to Access, as it relies on stored procedures, which Access doesn't support.  That means you would have to re-write the DAL at the very least.  You can replicate the basic stored procs as saved queries, but anything that returns a value, or contains any type of control of flow code (such as if... els...

MS SQL through MS Access using DBI:ODBC
Hi When connecting an MS SQL database from MS Access it is necessary to use the option dbSeeChanges with db.openrecordset. This is ok when using Visual Basic but is it possible to access the data using DBI:ODBC. Win2000 MS SQL version 7 MS Access 97 perl 5.005 (build 509) W32ODBC.pm,v 10.1 1998/08/14 Thanks. Ian ...

Problem accessing query in the design mode MS access
My problem is opening up a query in design mode, not working with forms. I'm not even trying to make a change - it's just opening up the query.This problem is only seems to happen when other people are using the datafile that the query is also looking at. The query is using the linked table but I didnt find any access permision  problem on the table beacuse the query actually do open finally but just after a long delay.   I really apricate any help on this issue Thanks Database might be locked when other people are using it . Remember to close each connection when ...

MS access TO SQL SERVER Problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // SQL SERVER -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

acessing ms-access problem from sql
  Hi, I am facing problem when I am trying to access ms-access file from sql server 2005. I used below query SELECT lastname,firstname                   FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',                                  'D:\Northwind.mdb';           &nb...

Problems with creating a datasource from MS Access
--------------BE70C74F572A1DC7316A607D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am running Windows NT 4.0 as my OS and have loaded the Sybase ODBC Driver kit for NT (version 3.0.1 SYSYBNT.DLL). I also have Sybase Open Client v 10.0.4 with EBF 7704 running on my desktop. I don't have any problems configuring data sources via sqledit and being able to ping servers that I set up here. However, when I use MS Access (v. 7.0) to create a data source using the Sybase System 11 ODBC drivers, I get an error message saying "The setup routines fo...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

Web resources about - MS access to MS access problem - asp.net.sql-datasource

Another problem lands on Malcolm Turnbull's tax reform table
If the Prime Minister wants an honest debate about tax reform, he now has an even more cogent case for everything being on the table.

Breitbart contributor says mass extinction via climate change isn’t a problem because of Jurassic Park ...
... about how science works. It did not go well for him: A Breitbart "journalist" claimed extinctions caused by climate change aren't a problem ...

2016 BMW M3 and M4 recalled for driveshaft problem
... Recalls , Coupe , Sedan , Performance BMW will recall just 42 examples of the 2016 M3 and M4 in the US to check for a possible driveshaft problem. ...

Multi-state plans and selection problems
Kaiser Health News has a piece on the failure of multi-state plans to be successful in the exchanges. One of the big problems is pricing. They ...

Yet another problem with Comcast data caps: Customers have no idea why they’re exceeding their limits ...
Comcast sure knows how to bring out the love from its customer base. Cut Cable Today recently filed a FOIA request to the Federal Communications ...

BlackRock's $32 Billion Hedge-Fund Business Has a Little Problem
Yes, he runs the biggest asset management firm the world has ever seen. But right now, Laurence D. Fink has a little hedge-fund problem.

Court secrecy is a dangerous problem
Recently unveiled documents in the Remington faulty-trigger case show court secrecy can lead to unnecessary deaths, says Arthur Bryant.

Yesterday’s technologies, today’s problems
When I first heard the story, I didn’t believe it. I mean, really, a Paris airport forced to shut down because a computer running Windows 3.1 ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...